Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Peasach house rentals other than Orlando
Previous  1  2

amother
Bluebell

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 7:47 am
DVOM wrote:
Try Unique Adventures!

They run the funnest looking Pesach programs in absolutely beautiful places. I know they had a group in NC and Utah last year.

The number is 732-806-1279. She'll send you videos of the properties and programs.

They’re doing South Carolina and Utah. Would love to find out more about Virginia.

amother
Obsidian

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 8:29 am
amother Narcissus wrote:
So how did you cook/heat up food??

We did libun Kal ( put it on the highest temp for an hour) and double wrapped everything that went in the oven. We also bought a countertop oven for food best not covered. Many people are ok with libun Kal alone though so ask your lor.

amother
Narcissus

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 9:19 am
amother Obsidian wrote:
We did libun Kal ( put it on the highest temp for an hour) and double wrapped everything that went in the oven. We also bought a countertop oven for food best not covered. Many people are ok with libun Kal alone though so ask your lor.

I didn’t know it was allowed for pesach -

doctorima

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 10:46 am
There is a WA chat for Sandbridge in VA Beach. I know people going to Outer Banks in NC, but it is a private group of extended family.

It is true that the houses come clean, but there's year-round clean and Pesach clean. All the booking agencies have cleaning crews that clean between guests, so it will be up to standards for a year-round visit. But they're not cleaning between cracks or undersides of surfaces or meticulously cleaning every square inch of the refrigerator. We've found crackers and cookies under sofa cushions.

Chabad will do some kashering for you (oven, sink), but I don't know that they do much more than that. Also as noted above, some houses don't have self-cleaning ovens, which caused a lot of stress for some families when they discovered that, so definitely confirm the oven status with the rental agency before making a deposit.

In short, if you're comfortable just putting down coverings you can do that, but if you want any more than that, most people come down 1-2 days in advance to properly clean and kasher everything to Pesach standards. It's a great place for Pesach, much closer and less crowded than FL, but it definitely takes a lot of work to make it a success.

amother
Bluebell

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 12:17 pm
doctorima wrote:
There is a WA chat for Sandbridge in VA Beach. I know people going to Outer Banks in NC, but it is a private group of extended family.

It is true that the houses come clean, but there's year-round clean and Pesach clean. All the booking agencies have cleaning crews that clean between guests, so it will be up to standards for a year-round visit. But they're not cleaning between cracks or undersides of surfaces or meticulously cleaning every square inch of the refrigerator. We've found crackers and cookies under sofa cushions.

Chabad will do some kashering for you (oven, sink), but I don't know that they do much more than that. Also as noted above, some houses don't have self-cleaning ovens, which caused a lot of stress for some families when they discovered that, so definitely confirm the oven status with the rental agency before making a deposit.

In short, if you're comfortable just putting down coverings you can do that, but if you want any more than that, most people come down 1-2 days in advance to properly clean and kasher everything to Pesach standards. It's a great place for Pesach, much closer and less crowded than FL, but it definitely takes a lot of work to make it a success.

Do you have the link for the chat?

doctorima

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 4:55 pm
amother Bluebell wrote:
Do you have the link for the chat?

I don't feel comfortable posting it publicly, but feel free to PM me

amother
Chestnut

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 7:33 pm
amother Bluebell wrote:
They’re doing South Carolina and Utah. Would love to find out more about Virginia.

Does Unique Adventures have a website?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics