Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Community Ideas
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 11:15 pm
m-u-a-mama wrote:
Yes! This house lol. Whoops not church but clayton... same diff

As far as Heimish.... I drive, wear a lace sheitel, have a (filtered) smartphone, and pretty pink polish. My husband wears a shtreimel but is from out of town. We like to think we're pretty open minded. Some of the neighbors are like us. Some are not. We're all jews, we like em all:)

As an aside you mentioned Chabad.... my father has davened in the Chabad shul in lakewood most of my childhood. It's not walkable from my neighborhood but may be a nice option for a weekday shul for your husband

My husband learned in Skver and Stolin. He's only now getting into Chabad. Smile I'm the Chabadnik in the family and brought him around to that now. Smile It's such a positive way of viewing Torah and life, in general. But he's fully comfortable in any chasidishe shul. Full levush, Yiddish first language. He also has lots of Yeshivish cousins, so with his background, he's really comfortable anywhere.

Love that mentality of loving all Jews. That's the kind of place I want to be. Positive Yiddishkeit.

m-u-a-mama

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 11:22 pm
amother OP wrote:
My husband learned in Skver and Stolin. He's only now getting into Chabad. Smile I'm the Chabadnik in the family and brought him around to that now. Smile It's such a positive way of viewing Torah and life, in general. But he's fully comfortable in any chasidishe shul. Full levush, Yiddish first language. He also has lots of Yeshivish cousins, so with his background, he's really comfortable anywhere.

Love that mentality of loving all Jews. That's the kind of place I want to be. Positive Yiddishkeit.

Ha! Grew up Stolin... like if I told u my last name ud be like "yeah of course!" LOL
We would prob get along rlly well Very Happy Wink

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 11:44 pm
m-u-a-mama wrote:
Ha! Grew up Stolin... like if I told u my last name ud be like "yeah of course!" LOL
We would prob get along rlly well Very Happy Wink

Either a Wolpin or a Pilchik. Tongue Out

amother
Chicory

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 11:47 pm
Went to machaneinu, so LOL Smile

amother
Chicory

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 11:48 pm
OP, I'm not from lkwd, but the first house you posted looked frum (2 beds in masters...) Maybe I'm wrong

Both were stunning gorgeous

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 11:48 pm
You ever spent a summer in Camp Karlin Stolin? We might even know each other... Rabbi Spira loves my husband and calls him ever summer begging him to be head counselor...

Oooo, if not Wolpin or Pilchik, Spira!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 11:50 pm
amother Chicory wrote:
OP, I'm not from lkwd, but the first house you posted looked frum (2 beds in masters...) Maybe I'm wrong

I've looked at so many houses today I can't even recall what I posted. Smile Right now I'm just thinking about the one near Kent Ave. It's nice. Not my taste exactly, but definitely an option and workable.

Let's see what happens with my Monsey house. If it flops, then we'll figure out where to go from there.

m-u-a-mama

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 11:52 pm
amother OP wrote:
You ever spent a summer in Camp Karlin Stolin? We might even know each other... Rabbi Spira loves my husband and calls him ever summer begging him to be head counselor...

Teehee don't want to out myself but closely related to one of these!

m-u-a-mama

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 11:53 pm
amother OP wrote:

Never went to camp but lotssss of my family did... as did dh (5 summers!)
Lol we for sure know each other

m-u-a-mama

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 11:54 pm
amother Chicory wrote:

I think that one was renovated by frum person. Not sure he ever lived there though. But it's gorgeous and as far as I know freshly redone

amother
Gardenia

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 11:56 pm
amother OP wrote:
This one? https://www.zillow.com/homedet.....zpid/

When you say heimishe, what do you mean? I'm spent years in the very, very chasidishe world, but I'm looking to just be middle of the road in frumkeit now, but I have passionate Yiddishkeit.

We are a growing family, seeking Hashem. But I drive and I wear an open sheitel.
I appreciate technology for the good it can spread, but am careful in regard to the dangers.
Would I fit well into the community you are imagining?

I happen to think Pomona would be a good fit for you. I know I know you're looking to leave the monsey area. it's a very easy going community. You can literally be whoever you want to be and still fit in and be comfortable with everyone no matter what walk of life they are. Also a lot of chabad

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 11:57 pm
m-u-a-mama wrote:
Teehee don't want to out myself but closely related to one of these!

Hmmm. I guess time will tell if time will tell or not. Smile

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 11:57 pm
Bald...

Dishon...

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 11:58 pm
Kugelmacher! LOL

mizle10

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 11:58 pm
Something to keep in mind though... lakewood is pretty hot in the summer...

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 11:59 pm
amother Gardenia wrote:
I happen to think Pomona would be a good fit for you. I know I know you're looking to leave the monsey area. it's a very easy going community. You can literally be whoever you want to be and still fit in and be comfortable with everyone no matter what walk of life they are. Also a lot of chabad

Thank you, that's definitely an option. But we wanted to consider all of our options while our house is still in the selling stage. I'm closely watching the market. We have an offer already accepted on our ideal house, but we may lose it, chas veshalom, if our house doesn't sell fast enough.

Whatever is bashert will happen.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 12:00 am
mizle10 wrote:
Something to keep in mind though... lakewood is pretty hot in the summer...

Hmmm. That's what I told my husband today. I heard it is hotter than Monsey. But I hide out in the AC all day anyways...

amother
Dandelion

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 12:05 am
amother OP wrote:
Oooh, Howell has some great prices!

Can you tell me which are the frum streets?

We just bought in howell and would love getting some nice jewish neighbors ! 😄 we live in the oak glen area of howell. There are 2 shuls walking distance. I need to drive my kids 6 min to the closest lakewood bus stop. Better then driving them all the way to school! Houses are in the 500k range. Not huge houses but 4 bedrooms very comfortably with TONS of land !

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 12:07 am
amother Dandelion wrote:
We just bought in howell and would love getting some nice jewish neighbors ! 😄 we live in the oak glen area of howell. There are 2 shuls walking distance. I need to drive my kids 6 min to the closest lakewood bus stop. Better then driving them all the way to school! Houses are in the 500k range. Not huge houses but 4 bedrooms very comfortably with TONS of land !

Hmmm. Nothing currently listed on Zillow for sale in Oak Glen area.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 12:09 am
The only thing I see over there is a new developments on Tasha. Not yet built. Any news if that is going to be Jewish?
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating