Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
What do you do and how much do you make?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Nasturtium

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 12:28 am
SAHW- income 0

amother
Sage

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 12:45 am
Self employed. Work about 25 hours a week.
Around 35-40k a year. It varies by how much work and time to to work I have.

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 2:42 am
I don't understand why these posts bother people.
Firstly, it's anonymous so why would someone lie?
Secondly, there are so many responses of, "I do ABC. I wish I would have known when I was in college about the low salary/lack of flexibility/high student debts/etc. when I chose my degree."

I knew I was being called in to HR a couple of months ago for my yearly review and I knew one of the questions would be what my salary expectations were. I had no idea what was standard. In preparation, I googled, checked Glassdoor, but I also looked through these threads to get an idea of the going rate. It's not all about bragging, especially since many of us really have nothing to brag about here.

By posting your job and salary you are helping other people decide on a career trajectory or determine if perhaps they are being grossly underpaid.

I'm a remote medical biller. My before tax salary is 62K
I have a night job running a clinic remotely, I get paid 31K before taxes

My husband doesn't get paid much in customer service so the bulk of our income is one me.

I hope this information can help somebody.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 4:24 am
I teach about 30 hours a week with a salary of 50k. My husband is an engineer with a 70k salary with just 2 years of experience- goes up 5-10k a year.

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 4:35 am
Private playgroup morah. 45-50k
Not sure after taxes because we file joint. Taxes are higher for self employed...

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 5:02 am
Speech therapist. 25k. Around 15 hours a week. Lakewood

amother
Stone

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 5:32 am
amother Teal wrote:
I don't understand why these posts bother people.
Firstly, it's anonymous so why would someone lie?
Secondly, there are so many responses of, "I do ABC. I wish I would have known when I was in college about the low salary/lack of flexibility/high student debts/etc. when I chose my degree."

I knew I was being called in to HR a couple of months ago for my yearly review and I knew one of the questions would be what my salary expectations were. I had no idea what was standard. In preparation, I googled, checked Glassdoor, but I also looked through these threads to get an idea of the going rate. It's not all about bragging, especially since many of us really have nothing to brag about here.

By posting your job and salary you are helping other people decide on a career trajectory or determine if perhaps they are being grossly underpaid.

I'm a remote medical biller. My before tax salary is 62K
I have a night job running a clinic remotely, I get paid 31K before taxes

My husband doesn't get paid much in customer service so the bulk of our income is one me.

I hope this information can help somebody.

1. If someone is in a certain field, they generally have an idea as to salary expectations. It's more dependent on location then anything else, and that's not hard to find out. They don't need an anonymous thread like this.

2. Anyone on this thread who mentions their specific job and gives a number, sure I'd believe them. Because overall we all know the difference in salary between a social worker and lawyer in a private firm. A vague "in business" not necessarily. Some posters are very invested in trying to defend their community, understandably. But some of the claims are hard to believe.

There are definitely some posts on the connected threads that make no sense and show the posters don't even know the difference between a mental health coach and a psychiatrist let alone how things work with colleges and what is involved in getting a degree. It's kind of weird, on some threads (like this one) posters are trying to argue that degrees are pointless and you don't make money from that sort of job. OTOH, on other current threads, posters are claiming that there are tons of chassidish men who easily graduated from college at a young age and are doing very well by being accountants or in the medical field or whatnot. The arguments are all over the place, contradict each other, and it's not being cynical to assume at least some aren't quite true and are more about defending their way of life than helping people decide on profitable career paths.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 5:36 am
amother Midnight wrote:
Dh is a travel agent and makes about a mil a year

I thought the travel biz was dead since people buy tickets online ? Wow!

amother
Brickred

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 5:39 am
amother Wandflower wrote:
Daycare teacher 3800$ a month
Lakewood

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 5:43 am
You're off by a zero

amother
Green

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 5:43 am
amother Brickred wrote:
$3,800 A MONTH???? Wow!!! That’s almost $400,000 per year!!! That’s great!!

Um u need to remove a zero

amother
Brickred

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 5:47 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
You're off by a zero

Oh you’re right!! Not sure how that happened!! I’m going to delete :-)

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 5:53 am
My husband and I are engineers with masters degrees. I have 15 Yrs experience and he has 25 Yrs plus 8 years as a machinist.

We now make $260k combined and very good benefits and job security.

But it’s not a career for a woman to have a ton of kids. By three, Childcare and tuition are my paycheck after taxes. So I have three. Bh

amother
Currant

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 5:59 am
Ed director
120,000 pretax
Nyc

amother
Maple

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 6:08 am
OT around 20 hours per wk of work, but it’s not consistent. I only get paid when I work so when all the yuntif comes, or when kids are off of school, I hardly work. So on a consistent month I make around 5-6k, but the coming month will like make more like 1 k. I would not choose this career again.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 6:13 am
Accounts payable clerk, 30 hours, about 38k before taxes , very low considering I need to pay babysitting costs, but I’m staying for the health insurance I get for me and my family since my husband doesn’t get from his job. My office kicks in nicely to the cost.

amother
Ultramarine

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 6:27 am
I'm a sahm. My husband is a computer engineer and makes about 100k. He used to make more but due to the recession (there I said it) and covid he lost a lot of business. We also have a real estate making 150k a year before expenses and taxes. The reason we have real estate is because my husband has been working and saving money since he was a teen. After school was over he worked construction. When he graduated he worked two jobs until the business did well enough on it's own. We only got married when he was at the end of his twenties, about a decade ago.

amother
Sunflower

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 6:29 am
Sales girl in store
Get paid yt plus 10 personal days etc
I work around 30 hrs a week and make 3600$ a month. Salary.
I also do private shopping and get 10% commissions of sales and paid 75$ an hr from the customers. That equals an additional 10-15k a season depending on how much extra work I want to put in

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 6:49 am
amother Wandflower wrote:
Daycare teacher 3800$ a month
Lakewood

Wow which daycare?
What age?
I got quotes from 2 daycares for 1k less a month for baby room morah

amother
Foxglove

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 6:52 am