Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Growth Curve Serial in Mishpacha
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Chayalle

Post Mon, Dec 12 2022, 12:24 pm
momallhours wrote:
Funny the thing that irked me most this week was when he was finally speaking honestly to his wife after this whole running away situation and he picks up his phone! Seriously!! I don't care who is calling!

I was laughing to myself imagining it on here "My DH ran away for a night he comes home says he will explain himself then picks up the phone when his boss calls I mean who is more important here"

And eo will answer BC! Divorce Him!

Therapy!!!

amother
SandyBrown

Post Mon, Dec 12 2022, 3:02 pm
momallhours wrote:
Funny the thing that irked me most this week was when he was finally speaking honestly to his wife after this whole running away situation and he picks up his phone! Seriously!! I don't care who is calling!

I was laughing to myself imagining it on here "My DH ran away for a night he comes home says he will explain himself then picks up the phone when his boss calls I mean who is more important here"

I'm guessing it will escalate - the RY heard that he was trying to fundraise for himself from the bochurim and that is a huge issue.

watergirl

Post Mon, Dec 12 2022, 3:11 pm
Chayalle wrote:
Therapy!!!

Nah. Surrendered Wife!

amother
Fern

Post Mon, Dec 12 2022, 3:15 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
A story should be realistic. It's not a realistic reaction. As I posted earlier in the thread the only people who do such things in real life are not mentally stable/have a mental illness/abuser who did something like this on purpose etc.

It would of been more realistic if he told his wife I need to to just get out, and think. I'll be back tomorrow (or in a few hours) , and ran out the door.

You are a husband and father it's a basic responsibility to make sure your family knows your alive and okay. What he did was neglectful and borderline abusive.

Yes this exactly

amother
Fern

Post Mon, Dec 12 2022, 3:17 pm
momallhours wrote:

Quite frankly that is majorly messed up behavior

While people can have a crisis disappearing on your wife and kids for hours on end and overnight …that’s a whole nother level

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Dec 12 2022, 4:51 pm
momallhours wrote:

Yes. It's got to be big. Moshiach?

momallhours

Post Tue, Dec 13 2022, 12:09 pm
amother SandyBrown wrote:
I'm guessing it will escalate - the RY heard that he was trying to fundraise for himself from the bochurim and that is a huge issue.

Good point I didn't think of that..

Can we start of thread on Esther Kurtz's serial. In comparison the couple also has communication issues yet I find myself relating to it so much more.
Their interactions are real, the spaced out husband then the wife who is doing what her kallah teacher (Kallah teachers Can't Believe It ) taught her to be an eishes chayil mi yimtzah and eishah kisheira oseh ritzon baalah etc etc. until she is so fuming from the buildup of it all that it all blows up.

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Dec 13 2022, 12:11 pm
momallhours wrote:
Good point I didn't think of that..

Can we start of thread on Esther Kurtz's serial. In comparison the couple also has communication issues yet I find myself relating to it so much more.
Their interactions are real, the spaced out husband then the wife who is doing what her kallah teacher (Kallah teachers Can't Believe It ) taught her to be an eishes chayil mi yimtzah and eishah kisheira oseh ritzon baalah etc etc. until she is so fuming from the buildup of it all that it all blows up.

little late to start a thread about it. It ended last week.

DREAMING

Post Tue, Dec 13 2022, 12:16 pm
The story builds and builds and then it ends. I would’ve liked to see the process of change more for both the husband and the wife. As a couple and fr him individually

Java

Post Tue, Dec 13 2022, 12:16 pm
amother Mint wrote:
little late to start a thread about it. It ended last week.

I think a lot of people missed that it ended. I know I almost did before I noticed the words 'the end'... Talk about an unsatisfying conclusion
Absolutely nothing was resolved. I wonder if she had to cut it short for personal reasons

momallhours

Post Tue, Dec 13 2022, 12:39 pm
Java wrote:
I think a lot of people missed that it ended. I know I almost did before I noticed the words 'the end'... Talk about an unsatisfying conclusion
Absolutely nothing was resolved. I wonder if she had to cut it short for personal reasons

Yes agree

scruffy

Post Tue, Dec 13 2022, 12:40 pm
Java wrote:

I thought the ending would be either

a) Shira and her MIL would start a podcast together

b) She would have a complicated birth and Efraim would finally rise to the occasion

I thought it was a really abrupt ending.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Dec 13 2022, 1:18 pm
scruffy wrote:
I thought the ending would be either

a) Shira and her MIL would start a podcast together

b) She would have a complicated birth and Efraim would finally rise to the occasion

I thought it was a really abrupt ending.

I don't think it needed to be all neatly tied up with a bow and ribbon. I was under the impression from somewhere that it was going to be short so it didn't shock me.

ruchelbuckle

Post Tue, Dec 20 2022, 10:38 am
Please, lets not derail this to a discussion about the half note thingy!!!

Okay, let's recap... plus some predicitions thrown in here....

Benny, with the help of Yaakov Lederberg, is going to step in and save Meir from becoming a smuggler. And now, finally, "the Rosh" is going to realize what an asset Benny is to the yeshiva. He is going to help Benny with his rent. But Benny is going to realize that Tzipora was right, he was losing himself to "the guys." He is going to turn down "the Rosh's" offer. He is going to continue learning in the Mir morning seder and work for that other guy (Avi? ) in the afternoon. He will continue to only be marginally involved at Ner Olam.

Wait! Another idea: Yakov Lederbergs FIL is going to open a yeshiva - a Brisk style place. Yaakov will be the RY, and Benny will be the Menahel-- like making sure everything is running smoothly. He will still be involved in learning, but without losing himself to the Ner Olam guys. And Meir will become the new Benny (but with a wife that speaks up more than Tzipora).

Which scenario do you like better?

Chayalle

Post Tue, Dec 20 2022, 10:42 am
LOL I like both stories ruchelbuckle....just want to say, you are talented! I didn't think of either of those scenarios.

momallhours

Post Tue, Dec 20 2022, 9:15 pm
ruchelbuckle wrote:
Please, lets not derail this to a discussion about the half note thingy!!!

Okay, let's recap... plus some predicitions thrown in here....

Benny, with the help of Yaakov Lederberg, is going to step in and save Meir from becoming a smuggler. And now, finally, "the Rosh" is going to realize what an asset Benny is to the yeshiva. He is going to help Benny with his rent. But Benny is going to realize that Tzipora was right, he was losing himself to "the guys." He is going to turn down "the Rosh's" offer. He is going to continue learning in the Mir morning seder and work for that other guy (Avi? ) in the afternoon. He will continue to only be marginally involved at Ner Olam.

Wait! Another idea: Yakov Lederbergs FIL is going to open a yeshiva - a Brisk style place. Yaakov will be the RY, and Benny will be the Menahel-- like making sure everything is running smoothly. He will still be involved in learning, but without losing himself to the Ner Olam guys. And Meir will become the new Benny (but with a wife that speaks up more than Tzipora).

Which scenario do you like better?

Love the second scenario!

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Dec 20 2022, 9:18 pm
What kind of yeshiva would have a 24ish year old for a RY? I say he could be a sha'ul umeishiv. After a few years of kollel.

Tova

Post Tue, Dec 20 2022, 9:37 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
What kind of yeshiva would have a 24ish year old for a RY? I say he could be a sha'ul umeishiv. After a few years of kollel.

One whose FIL is funding it Very Happy

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 20 2022, 9:40 pm
BTW - chapter 18 is already posted to the Mishpacha website LOL

ruchelbuckle

Post Tue, Jan 10 2023, 12:17 pm
Now that Benny finally went to learn at night seder, what happened to the suitcase full of khat? Is it in his apartment somewhere? Did it say that it was hidden under Momo's crib? The smuggler's agent will come after Benny, but....(please fill in your version of the story)
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room