Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
The new Bais Faiga high school- Machon
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Zinnia

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 8:10 pm
BUMP

amother
Zinnia

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 8:39 pm
Also what percentage of girls are not from Bais Faiga?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 10:10 pm
My dd goes there. It’s a similar crowd to Bais Faiga. The principal Mrs Gordon is the backbone to this school. She is really exceptional. The girls respect her and admire her. The academic level is high. The girls work hard but there are some fun extra curricular activities to make things fun.

amother
Zinnia

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 11:11 pm
Thanks for the reply ! Do you know if they accept girls from other schools ? Also how many classes per grade and girls per class ?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 11:23 pm
amother Zinnia wrote:
Thanks for the reply ! Do you know if they accept girls from other schools ? Also how many classes per grade and girls per class ?

Yes, they do take girls from other schools but I believe Bais Faiga girls have priority. After they accept the bf girls and siblings the registration is open to everyone else.
There are around 30 girls in each class. Around 10-12 girls in each class are from other schools aside for bf. This year there are 4 9th grades. 10th grade has 3 classes.

amother
Zinnia

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 11:54 pm
Thanks ! Super helpful! Also where are they located and are they in the process of moving somewhere bigger ? And as an aside where do most Bais Faiga girls go if not here ? I’m not in BF but trying to get a feel for the type overall..

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 12:04 am
amother Zinnia wrote:
Thanks ! Super helpful! Also where are they located and are they in the process of moving somewhere bigger ? And as an aside where do most Bais Faiga girls go if not here ? I’m not in BF but trying to get a feel for the type overall..

They are in Jackson. Officially they are supposed to build a new building but that will probably take a long time. They have a large piece of land to build on. Last year they were in trailers on River Avenue so this year is an improvement. It’s a nice school building with a lot more space than they had last year.
Bais Faiga girls go to all different high schools. If they have an older sister they usually want to go to the same school. The problem in the past was for bf girls without an older sister. It was becoming extremely difficult to get into a high school since there was a lack of space. This is the main reason the school opened. They do not want it to be exclusively for bf girls so they make sure to take in good girls from other schools as well for a healthy mix.

amother
Zinnia

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 9:48 am
What high school would you say it’s most comparable to ?

keym

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 10:06 am
amother Zinnia wrote:
What high school would you say it’s most comparable to ?

It's still early, but I'd compare it to Oros, Bais Yaakov, maybe Bais Shaindel.

Btw Bais Faiga girls go everywhere. Much fewer go to Shiras Devorah, Bais Leah, and Maon- because their own school feeds into it.
My daughter's 8th grade class went- 7 Bais Yaakov, 6 Bais Shaindel , 6 Oros, 2 Aderes, 4 Bais Kaila, 1 Shiras Devorah, 1 Bnos Bais Yaakov, 1 Maon. (My daughter is in 12th grade, new Bais Faiga, Meiras, Maayanos weren't around)

amother
Zinnia

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 3:48 pm
Thank you , very helpful ! In terms of it being similar to Oros/ Bais Yaakov/ Bais Shaindel , isn’t Bais Shaindel more yeshivish/ old Lkwd as compared to Oros ? Or would you say that’s not accurate ?

amother
Red

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 4:00 pm
only in lakewood are people trying to narrow down the HS schools to tiny specific stripes when they are all more or less the same hashkafically! Why do they have to be lined up in order so that you can fit yourself in exactly where you belong! So many mothers are constantly saying that a school is middle of the road, healthy mix- but no- we have to insist its a type!! comparible to another type!! most lakewood girls would fit into a number of schools! and would fit into a number of seminaries! And thats HEALTHY and GOOD. Most other communities around the country are not like this

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 4:01 pm
I don’t think it’s correct to say it’s primarily bf girls and then the rest of the slots went to others. Girls from other schools got in before many bf girls. I think they’re trying to put together a group they’re looking for regardless of elementary school.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 4:03 pm
amother Burlywood wrote:
I don’t think it’s correct to say it’s primarily bf girls and then the rest of the slots went to others. Girls from other schools got in before many bf girls. I think they’re trying to put together a group they’re looking for regardless of elementary school.

I don’t think that’s true. It’s the Bais Faiga high school

Chayalle

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 4:04 pm
amother Zinnia wrote:
Thank you , very helpful ! In terms of it being similar to Oros/ Bais Yaakov/ Bais Shaindel , isn’t Bais Shaindel more yeshivish/ old Lkwd as compared to Oros ? Or would you say that’s not accurate ?

Bais Shaindel is one of the biggest schools in town (perhaps the biggest?) Though it has a more yeshivish/old Lkwd core, it definitely has diversity too.

My girls, who went to BK (though we're on the yeshivish end of BK), say that their 2nd choice might have been Bais Shaindel.

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 4:05 pm
amother Red wrote:
only in lakewood are people trying to narrow down the HS schools to tiny specific stripes when they are all more or less the same hashkafically! Why do they have to be lined up in order so that you can fit yourself in exactly where you belong! So many mothers are constantly saying that a school is middle of the road, healthy mix- but no- we have to insist its a type!! comparible to another type!! most lakewood girls would fit into a number of schools! and would fit into a number of seminaries! And thats HEALTHY and GOOD. Most other communities around the country are not like this

You don’t make sense. We need to apply to a certain amount so yeah we are going to break them down to the detail. What exactly is your issue? According to you we shouldn’t have an application process and our girls should just be placed wherever.

amother
Zinnia

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 4:06 pm
amother Red wrote:
only in lakewood are people trying to narrowed down the HS schools to tiny specific stripes when they are all more or less the same hashkafically! Why do they have to be lined up in order so that you can fit yourself in exactly where you belong! So many mothers are constantly saying that a school is middle of the road, healthy mix- but no- we have to insist its a type!! comparible to another type!! most lakewood girls would fit into a number of schools! and would fit into a number of seminaries! And thats HEALTHY and GOOD. Most other communities around the country are not like this

I know . I didn’t grow up in Lakewood. But I’m
trying to figure out the system I’m stuck in.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 4:06 pm
amother Taupe wrote:
You don’t make sense. We need to apply to a certain amount so yeah we are going to break them down to the detail. What exactly is your issue? According to you we shouldn’t have an application process and our girls should just be placed wherever.

I'm not that poster, but sometimes I think that might not be such a bad idea....

keym

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 5:11 pm
amother Zinnia wrote:

There's an overlap. And the school has close to 200 girls, they're not all the same. A crowd of Oros-type, a crowd of Bais Shaindel-type, a crowd of Bais Yaakov- type.

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 5:14 pm
Chayalle wrote:
I'm not that poster, but sometimes I think that might not be such a bad idea....

Ok but it's not the reality so we do need to figure out the type each one is so that our girls fit in somewhat at this difficult stage.

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 5:15 pm
keym wrote:
There's an overlap. And the school has close to 200 girls, they're not all the same. A crowd of Oros-type, a crowd of Bais Shaindel-type, a crowd of Bais Yaakov- type.

So if we would apply to oros, bais yaakov and Machon which 4th school do you think we should apply to? Bais Shaindel doesn't seem like the right fit.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries