Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Please share here what made your Chanukah party AMAZING
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Molasses

Post Mon, Dec 19 2022, 4:14 pm
amother Oxfordblue wrote:
Musical chairs adults only. One game for men. Next for ladies. Literally choking from laughter. Kids were rolling just watching.

Omg so fun!!
Would love to do this!!

#BestBubby

Post Mon, Dec 19 2022, 4:30 pm
I drew on an oaktag a large menorah and hang it on a wall.

Then I cut out of oaktag some candles.

And we play pin the shamash on the menorah, with the kids blindfolded with a scarf.

Also fill a clean glass chrain jar with jelly beans.

Whichever kid guesses the closest how many jellybeans wins the jar (but has to give some to all the other kids).

#BestBubby

Post Mon, Dec 19 2022, 4:32 pm
Chinuch.org has chanukah games to play for kids and adults. Like jeopardy type games.

I once Google some Family Feud questions and answers and the adults played that.

#BestBubby

Post Mon, Dec 19 2022, 4:37 pm
Memory game

Tape 15 or more objects to a white board.

Let everyone study for a minute.

Then everyone has to write down how many objects they remember.

Object suggestions

A dollar bill

A mentchie

A photograph

An envelope

A dreidel

A snack bag

Scissors

A pen

A magnet

A smiley

Matches

Chanukah candle

A candy

Toy car

Picture of menorah

Keys

amother
Quince

Post Mon, Dec 19 2022, 10:35 pm
Between carpools has some fun games like family trivia.

Anything can be fun if the people at the party are fun loving sports.

We once did the following with my family and it was quite hilarious.

Every woman brought a 1 utensil from her cutlery (spoon or fork milchig and fleishigs) and men had to guess which is theirs. Shocking and funny that many didn't know...

devorah1231

Post Mon, Dec 19 2022, 11:49 pm
Made a batch if cookie dough, brought shapers and toppings. Kids took turns doing that and doing a craft project.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 20 2022, 12:11 am
Thanks all. These ideas are fun!

chanchy123

Post Tue, Dec 20 2022, 3:23 am
devorah1231 wrote:
Made a batch if cookie dough, brought shapers and toppings. Kids took turns doing that and doing a craft project.

My son’s gan brought in a bunch of plain sufganiyot for the kids to decorate with assorted toppings and whipped cream. Very successful.

amother
Watermelon

Post Tue, Dec 20 2022, 5:15 am
This game was lots of fun at our party last year. Simple, almost all ages can play, and needs almost no preparation:

Each person gets a blank piece of paper. Have various crayons, markers, colored pencils available. Each person starts to create a drawing (you can give a theme or just go free style). Play music in the background. Stop the music after a few moments. When the music stops, everyone stops drawing and passes their paper to the person on their right. Restart the music, and have everyone continue the drawing they received. Repeat several times. If you want to, can repeat long enough for the drawings to make it all the way back to the original artists ...

If you like, you can also add stage 2. Tape the drawings to the wall with masking tape, or place at intervals on a large table. Put an envelope next to each drawing. Participants get a stack of small memo notes, and make up silly, funny or clever names for each drawing, putting their name memos in the envelopes. You can vote on which name is best, or just enjoy hearing all the zany names.

KinneretEK

Post Tue, Dec 20 2022, 9:39 am
We're big fans of Dreidel Revolution. We backed the original Kickstarter, so our version is a bit more bare-bones than the current one, but it includes eight games to mix up traditional dreidel play with more modern board game mechanics. There are more complex options for adults and simple ones for all ages, along with dreidel symbol dice to help the littlest ones join the fun without getting frustrated.

amother
Chambray

Post Tue, Dec 20 2022, 12:16 pm
Family with young kids, we played this.

We prepared a box with silly dress up items.

We went round and spun the dreidel. You needed to dress up according to your letter.

נ - nose or necktie
ג - glasses
ה - hat
ש - shawl or shoe

People were wearing layers of the same item and it was a blast.

First one to wear all categories wins.

Then we turned on the music and danced with our getups.

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Dec 20 2022, 12:31 pm
Any suggestions for a family that is not close and rarely speaks with each other? Keep in mind cousins feel very awkward since they don’t know one another? This is a 1x a year get together. Small family.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 21 2022, 11:12 am
bump

Still looking for easy to prepare, side splitting hilarious games for all ages.

Daliya

Post Wed, Dec 21 2022, 11:15 am
We once did a mad lib describing our family Chanukah party in 20 years from now. It was hilarious and fun!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 21 2022, 11:17 am
Daliya wrote:
We once did a mad lib describing our family Chanukah party in 20 years from now. It was hilarious and fun!

How did the seniors deal with that when it was their turn?

Daliya

Post Wed, Dec 21 2022, 11:21 am
amother OP wrote:
How did the seniors deal with that when it was their turn?

LOL

No one knew what the outcome would be until I read it. They all just filled in an adjective, noun, etc and then I read the entire story out loud. Well, we didn't really have any 90 year olds at the party. But it would be quite funny if it came out that your 90 year old grandma arrived to the party in her motorcycle at the age of 110! LOL

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 21 2022, 11:29 am
Daliya wrote:
LOL

No one knew what the outcome would be until I read it. They all just filled in an adjective, noun, etc and then I read the entire story out loud. Well, we didn't really have any 90 year olds at the party. But it would be quite funny if it came out that your 90 year old grandma arrived to the party in her motorcycle at the age of 110! LOL

I love that Idea!!!!!!!!!

Im thinking to have everyone write 2-3 sentences and then we read them all.

Oldest

Post Wed, Dec 21 2022, 1:02 pm
We played a game of family trivia. The person who made the game had a whole stack of questions and each person contributed a few. Was a blast! First laughing at everyone who didn't know the answers and also remembering all the things the questions brought up 😭

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 24 2022, 10:19 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
Chinuch.org has chanukah games to play for kids and adults. Like jeopardy type games.

I think you need an account?

Any easy t search websites with Chanukah game ideas?

newinbp

Post Sat, Dec 24 2022, 10:29 pm
You can make an account for free I believe
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics