Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Stylish boys backpack for 4 year old
Previous  1  2  3  4

camp123

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 4:36 am
I completely agree that as a society we have to be concerned about needing a stylish back pack for a four year old. This affects us all eventually, we live in communities and these values seep in. It's not different than other people careing about other non torah values seeping into our communities.
Those of us that care enough about this will continue to comment on these threads, these are values we don't want in our communities.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 11:04 am
My 4 year old son loves his Kipling backpack that I chose for him. It’s an animal face with eyes and has a monkey keyring why wouldn’t he like it?
And it washes beautifully and has lasted perfectly for over a year now and still full of life so that’s why I like it.
OP- enjoy the backpack- I’m sure your son will too!

Oh and if you would see me, you would see I’m pretty unstylish. I chose Kipling for practicality.

mha3484

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 11:10 am
I am of mixed opinion. I buy good quality bags that I can get years out of. I dont really care about style so much I try to choose a color my kid will like but the times I bought the junky character bags they fell apart and it was not worth it. My second grader is on the same bag since pre1a and its in excellent condition. There is an in between I think.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 11:35 am
mha3484 wrote:
I am of mixed opinion. I buy good quality bags that I can get years out of. I dont really care about style so much I try to choose a color my kid will like but the times I bought the junky character bags they fell apart and it was not worth it. My second grader is on the same bag since pre1a and its in excellent condition. There is an in between I think.

I don't think your actions reflect an "in between". You are opting for practicality which is good, vs style - like what are all the cool, with it people carrying?

amother
Daffodil

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 11:55 am
amother DarkCyan wrote:
My 4 year old son loves his Kipling backpack that I chose for him. It’s an animal face with eyes and has a monkey keyring why wouldn’t he like it?
And it washes beautifully and has lasted perfectly for over a year now and still full of life so that’s why I like it.
OP- enjoy the backpack- I’m sure your son will too!

Oh and if you would see me, you would see I’m pretty unstylish. I chose Kipling for practicality.

My sister in law made me aware that Kiplings are "nebby" and "so not in style." My mom got Kipling backpacks for my kids years ago, they were too big for them. They're using it this year and my sister in law keeps making fun of it.....

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 12:01 pm
camp123 wrote:
I completely agree that as a society we have to be concerned about needing a stylish back pack for a four year old. This affects us all eventually, we live in communities and these values seep in. It's not different than other people careing about other non torah values seeping into our communities.
Those of us that care enough about this will continue to comment on these threads, these are values we don't want in our communities.

But is it really difficult for you just to start a spin off to make your point across?
You can even have more people engage and get heated up in a fiery conversation since practical people here read the title of the thread (which again is asking just for bags) and move along while if you make a new thread people will start debating with you and you can try to make a difference in this world .. lol
On this type of thread you're just wasting people's time and honestly, not going to change my mind...

Thanks to everyone who is staying on topic!

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 12:02 pm
I loved the monkey while growing up!
If I would show DC, I think they would like it too!
I was told that Kipling bags last for years and can be passed on for generations...

mha3484

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 12:03 pm
amother Lemonchiffon wrote:
I don't think your actions reflect an "in between". You are opting for practicality which is good, vs style - like what are all the cool, with it people carrying?

I guess my point was the whole let your kid choose the bag does not work out well either. I let my oldest pick the train backpack in play group and it was a piece of junk. After I bought a second bag I may as well have spent on something better quality.

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 12:04 pm
amother Daffodil wrote:
My sister in law made me aware that Kiplings are "nebby" and "so not in style." My mom got Kipling backpacks for my kids years ago, they were too big for them. They're using it this year and my sister in law keeps making fun of it.....

What type of adult makes fun of a kid's knapsack? I would suggest therapy asap, something is wrong with her.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 12:39 pm
amother Purple wrote:
What type of adult makes fun of a kid's knapsack? I would suggest therapy asap, something is wrong with her.

A very poor excuse for one.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 12:40 pm
amother Daffodil wrote:

Please tell me what city she lives in and I will warn my children to never move there.

amother
Daffodil

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 12:46 pm
amother Purple wrote:

Oh, way too many adults from certain communities. Adults that must dress their babies and toddlers in brand name everything. Adults that cannot be seen on the street without them and their kids looking a certain way or pushing a certain stroller..... there are entire communities of such adults.

amother
Daffodil

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 12:47 pm
amother Lemonchiffon wrote:
Please tell me what city she lives in and I will warn my children to never move there.

In Brooklyn. Bh I don't live in Brooklyn where I'm stared at as if I'm from Mars for pushing a snap n go, and being asked how I'm not embarrassed.....

amother
DarkCyan

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 1:29 pm
amother Daffodil wrote:

So my backpack choice fits the rest of me then 🤣 in the shtetl that I live, Kipling is a popular option for practical reasons. I’m glad we don’t have people round here who would voice their opinion on things like backpacks and strollers. They may think it but wouldn’t dare open their mouths and say it.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 1:30 pm
amother Daffodil wrote:
In Brooklyn. Bh I don't live in Brooklyn where I'm stared at as if I'm from Mars for pushing a snap n go, and being asked how I'm not embarrassed.....

Quite unbelievable. What people dare say, not that you push ‘such an old fashioned’ stroller!

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 1:34 pm
amother Daffodil wrote:
Oh, way too many adults from certain communities. Adults that must dress their babies and toddlers in brand name everything. Adults that cannot be seen on the street without them and their kids looking a certain way or pushing a certain stroller..... there are entire communities of such adults.

Really where? I grew up in brooklyn most of my life and I live in lakewood now. I don't see "whole" communities of such people. My circles in both places would consider her insane and probably a tad mentally ill if she truly mocked it. And I'm not part of weirdos, or nebs or whatever, we are just normal, average run of the mill people. I found people who are obsessed with brands to be the minority in these places. They are loud and in your face but still not the majority. And making fun of children? That's unheard of.

amother
Mintcream

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 5:27 pm
My 3 year old comes home asking me to buy him the same yarmulke and sweater that other kids in his class have. And they dont have any characters or pictures on them its just the style he likes. I am the last person to be into styles I buy aliexpress and target I guess its just the generation of today that you need to be like everyone else

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 5:43 pm
amother Purple wrote:
Really where? I grew up in brooklyn most of my life and I live in lakewood now. I don't see "whole" communities of such people. My circles in both places would consider her insane and probably a tad mentally ill if she truly mocked it. And I'm not part of weirdos, or nebs or whatever, we are just normal, average run of the mill people. I found people who are obsessed with brands to be the minority in these places. They are loud and in your face but still not the majority. And making fun of children? That's unheard of.
I’ve heard of these people on imamother but never encountered them in real life. I believe they exist but I also believe Bigfoot exists so …

I still use my 10 year old stroller sometimes and no one has ever said boo. And I’ve gotten compliments on how practical my snap n go is and no one has ever given me mussar for not buying a doona
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics