Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Real estate prices got me down
Previous  1  2

amother
NeonYellow

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 9:08 pm
amother NeonYellow wrote:
Just bumping up with some good priced homes in Waterbury with the non frum brokers, under $300k

#1 has been on the market a while. It's on the border street of the frum area but you have frum families right across the street and tons in walking distance in 3 directions (just not directly south). The house doesnt need much updating and is likely very negotiable. https://www.zillow.com/homedet....._zpid

#2 just hit the market and is good for someone who is handy or wants to renovate over time. It's the same block as the other but more north so not on the border. A number of frum neighbors across the street. It's the last house on the block. On the next corner, every single house is frum in both directions. It's 3000 sq ft on about half an acre. It's selling well below market price because it needs work. But look at the zestimate... Consider even buying and flipping to a fellow jew! The house backs up to wonderful Jewish neighbors too in the back and side.

We'd love to bring in some more Jewish neighbors! You can't beat a home at under 300k which will go up in value as the neighborhood grows, which BH it's continuing to do.

2h to boston, 2h to NYC, 1.5h to Monsey, wonderful community that really all look to help each other out.

The price is right, come on down.

This is the second one.
https://www.zillow.com/homedet.....zpid/

amother
NeonYellow

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 9:25 pm
amother Lightgreen wrote:
I don't recommend the first. It's a corner house on willow and is directly across from the firehouse.
You didn't include a link to the second.

It's not ideal bc it's the border. But if it's very negotiable bc it's been on the market for a while, it would make a good low priced starter home. The firehouse is very quiet and I don't think being on the corner is bad. It has nice curb appeal especially with the welcome to overlook sign and the siding on the house. And the value will go up as iyh more families buy on Chapman and fiske. This is how ppl who buy before a community blows up maks money. For a starter home it could be great.

Second house is on the other end of the same block on Willow. But by that point almost every house is frum, especially on that side if willow...plus demorest, crescent, fleming. It's not for the faint of heart but if you can put in some work or about 100k, you can have a gorgeous mini mansion for under 400. Solid investment imo. All the houses on willow that size are worth well over 400 now. It's good for anyone looking to score a deal who has the patience to do work.

amother
NeonYellow

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 10:48 pm
amother Peachpuff wrote:
We’ve been thinking about Waterbury for a while but we are not ready to buy. How would we go about renting in the frum community there?

There's always rentals in Blue Ridge. You can contact them. I know people that came here 2 days before school started with a rental that fell through so they landed in blue ridge. It's a good place to rent because it's nice and new, and you'll get a feel for the development type of life and know whether you'd like to purchase there or in the main area. Or Avalon which is kind of a happy middle.

It's also word of mouth. If you're serious about moving, one of the real estate guys or anyone you know there if you know anyone, totally ok not to, will put the word out in the community chats and Google group. There's also the What's doing Waterbury classifieds.

Have you spent a shabbos here yet? You might be able to arrange a rental then. We ended up purchasing a home we saw on Sunday after our first shabbos. Our hosts gave us the major realtors info motzeish and they both met us and showed us homes the next morning.

amother
Dahlia

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 11:26 pm
[quote="[url=https://www.imamother.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6865712#6865712][b][color=black]

The outskirts of the community are growing but also getting pretty expensive. Tiny houses in horrible condition in a not so safe (black) neighborhood for 6-700k.

I love living here and I love the community but I do not suggest looking into this neighborhood if you are upset about frum real estate prices.[/quote]

You know that Black is not synonymous with not safe right? You also know that there are many Black Jewish people and I’m sure Black Imamothers. Please let’s try not to be racist.

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 11:03 am
amother Dahlia wrote:
You know that Black is not synonymous with not safe right? You also know that there are many Black Jewish people and I’m sure Black Imamothers. Please let’s try not to be racist.

Of course I know, this wasn't meant as a racist comment. However, these blocks in reference are considered to be in a lesser safe area and the area is black. I'm stating two facts about the neighborhood over there so people should know what the area is like. They can do with that information as they see fit. Would have said the same if the unsafe area was mostly WASPs, etc.

amother
Moccasin

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 11:19 am
DH and I just made a super expensive offer on a Brooklyn house. We considered moving further away but the idea of spending 3x as much per kid in tuition just didn't make sense.

From what I understand, Lakewood is the only place cheaper or similar to Brooklyn for things like groceries, Judaica, tuition, babysitting, etc

Price your community, not just the house!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating