Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
The Beckman’s - Ami Serial
  Previous  1  2  3   43  44  45  Next

birdie1

Post Sat, Feb 18 2023, 10:01 pm
amother Royalblue wrote:
What happened this week?

So Esty hosts her mil plus Dina and fam for Shabbos. Works herself ragged. Dina sleeps most of Shabbos and has lots of demands. Doesn’t lift a finger to help. The mil is very gracious and helpful. Motzai Shabbos Dina decides they need melava malka. Invites the other sister and co for pizza. All on poor exasperated Esty’s head. At the end she approaches her brother, I forget his name. Estys hub. Tells him she wants to speak privately.

amother
Apricot

Post Sat, Feb 18 2023, 10:05 pm
Dina and Eli get me so Mad!!
Each so wrong in their own way...

birdie1

Post Sat, Feb 18 2023, 10:10 pm
And then he compliments her for a lovely Friday night dinner and falls right asleep. The “amother “ in me couldn’t handle it. LOL Can't Believe It

amother
Ginger

Post Sat, Feb 18 2023, 10:13 pm
She doesn’t have to take all this garbage. She could say no.

amother
Yolk

Post Sat, Feb 18 2023, 10:19 pm
I actually like this serial a lot

tigerwife

Post Sat, Feb 18 2023, 10:23 pm
Perhaps we’ll find out that Dina has a terminal illness and that’s why her family treats her with kid gloves. Of course, Esti will be kept in the dark until the very end because this author loves to write characters who have no idea how to communicate. Or maybe Esti will realize how much she also gets from her sister (does she ever do favors in return?) and stop projecting.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Sat, Feb 18 2023, 10:38 pm
while aggravating it rings true for those of us who have squeaky wheels and difficult people in our families
the dynamics are unhealthy and nuts
yes families do and can get enmeshed in these dysfunctional behavior patterns

amother
Royalblue

Post Sat, Feb 18 2023, 11:15 pm
Wow, crazy

rachelli66

Post Sat, Feb 18 2023, 11:19 pm
I have a feeling that somewhere down the line Dina will be in store for a rude awakening about life and living in La La Land. Surprised

amother
Cognac

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 12:10 am
rachelli66 wrote:
I have a feeling that somewhere down the line Dina will be in store for a rude awakening about life and living in La La Land. Surprised
I hope soon bec she is so annoying! She makes me so mad

amother
Wandflower

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 2:11 am
Regarding Esti not sharing her feelings with her dh or asking him business questions outright, is that the norm? I would have no issue discussing these things with my husband. And he is a very closed person, but I don't give up. Why is she so scared to tell him how she feels? Especially about Dina. It's not like she's his parent, she's only a sister, for heaven's sake.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 2:23 am
amother Ginger wrote:
She doesn’t have to take all this garbage. She could say no.

This.
Esty is acting so stupid.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 2:32 am
amother Wandflower wrote:
Regarding Esti not sharing her feelings with her dh or asking him business questions outright, is that the norm? I would have no issue discussing these things with my husband. And he is a very closed person, but I don't give up. Why is she so scared to tell him how she feels? Especially about Dina. It's not like she's his parent, she's only a sister, for heaven's sake.

Exactly , dh is in a similar business as Eli’s , sounds similar at least, and no way would this fly by me.. dh wouldn’t want it that way either, we’re married.
They’re a couple for heavens sakes, does Eli really want to come home just to eat and sleep?
Why is Esti putting up with his aloofness?

Eli treats Esty like a complete outsider and that’s not normal.
Maybe if he had two or three wives his behaviour would make more sense.
And Esty is enabling his behaviour by sucking it all up, feeling bad for how tired he is and making more lunch and more dinner and slaving away to impressively host his entire family.
Why?

They both are crazy and creating this crazy dynamic together.
Really not a normal marriage. Maybe this would work a hundred years ago, maybe… for sure not today.

In my opinion it’s kind of funny how Dina has everyone wrapped around her finger. But Esti and Eli are more crazy than Dina , Dina is just a spoiled family princess but she’s not actually hurting anyone , at least not yet. Yes she needs boundaries but Eli needs a full education about marriage. He never got one.
So does Esti because she isn’t stopping his abuse seems like she doesn’t have clarity about how horribly he’s mistreating her and that’s why she still feels bad for him that he looks tired and she’s not a good enough wife blah blah
Totally unacceptable to lie and sneak to accountant and try passwords behind his back, instead of seating him down for a proper talk.

Similar dynamics to crossroads.
Arrogant snobby tired husband
Sweet pretty trying her hardest to please type wife
Superficial relationship.
Crazy character (father in crossroads, Dina in Beckmans)
Supportive sister (Hadassa , Miri in crossroads)

Very similar dynamics.

But at least here Eli is a loser only in his marriage, he doesn’t take packages full of drugs from strangers.

amother
Banana

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 5:26 am

Because the author isn’t such a good author. Of course she should speak up that’s what a normal
Wife does. But the story wouldn’t be interesting if she spoke to her husband about her feelings but yes most normal wives would tell their husband exactly how they feel.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 6:56 am
amother Banana wrote:
Because the author isn’t such a good author. Of course she should speak up that’s what a normal
Wife does. But the story wouldn’t be interesting if she spoke to her husband about her feelings but yes most normal wives would tell their husband exactly how they feel.

If we all care about this unrealistic crazy story then she’s a pretty good writer.

Jewishmom8

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 6:59 am
I think these serials fall under the category of loving to hate them.
Every Thursday me and my girls rip open the ami, grab the living, and take turns reading what happens this week and complain about how crazy it is and how could they act like this bla bla.
its fun and we love it.
we love to hate them.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 7:00 am
I think her idea of husband and wife’s connection and roles might be outdated and all the husbands in her stories are out of touch in their own world , maybe Asperger’s

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 7:01 am
Jewishmom8 wrote:
I think these serials fall under the category of loving to hate them.
Every Thursday me and my girls rip open the ami, grab the living, and take turns reading what happens this week and complain about how crazy it is and how could they act like this bla bla.
its fun and we love it.
we love to hate them.

Lol same here

amother
Snowdrop

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 7:09 am

What do you mean? Every time she brings up the subject he loses it with her and says this is what his father wanted and there’s nothing to discuss

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 7:42 am
amother Snowdrop wrote:
What do you mean? Every time she brings up the subject he loses it with her and says this is what his father wanted and there’s nothing to discuss

She needs to tell him that it’s not “I” it’s “we” because they’re married.
She needs to be in the loop of the business and not just get a weekly pay check for being married to him.
Page 2 of 45   Previous  1  2  3   43  44  45  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room