Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
Information on American Seminaries
Previous  1  2

amother
Cyclamen

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 9:41 am
I don't really get the previous post....the girls spend a ton in Israel as well and not everyone makes their daughters use their own cash - my daughter would be on my tab no matter which country she is in

amother
Lightcoral

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 9:46 am
amother Cyclamen wrote:
I don't really get the previous post....the girls spend a ton in Israel as well and not everyone makes their daughters use their own cash - my daughter would be on my tab no matter which country she is in

Yes. And all the money spent before seminary buying things which will never be needed again. long pleated uniform skirts, 20 collars and unishells, a million black sweaters. And a lot of extras- bedding, health insurance, new phone plan (she cant be on her family's plan while shes in EY) And next year as soon as theyre back that's when you'll have to do all the clothing shopping that the US girls are doing this year. The nice working/kallah meidel outfits/coats/shoes...

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 10:47 am
As far as financials, Bnos Chaim is the only fully accredited seminary in Lakewood, they offer FAFSA so that really brings down the cost to a negligible amount and you also get full credits. Migdal and Kerem are starting to offer a way to receive grants and credits as well but it’s harder and you need to take extra courses and tests, the girls are really unhappy about it.

amother
Bellflower

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 10:48 am
Bnos Chaim got more academic and work based though it’s definitely a warm environment.

Migdal is much more intense and hard work.

Kerem has work and more “greasy” style girls (in a good way)

amother
Cyclamen

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 2:25 pm
what does greasy in a good way mean?
between the 3 which has the least academic pressure? we need great learning, enviornment, and girls with not so much outside work and studying

Chayalle

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 2:32 pm
amother Coffee wrote:
As far as financials, Bnos Chaim is the only fully accredited seminary in Lakewood, they offer FAFSA so that really brings down the cost to a negligible amount and you also get full credits. Migdal and Kerem are starting to offer a way to receive grants and credits as well but it’s harder and you need to take extra courses and tests, the girls are really unhappy about it.

...for those who are eligible for FAFSA. Just to keep in mind.

DD went to Bnos Chaim the year of COVID. IIRC tuition was around 10K, not including the trip to EY. As we are local there were no dorm costs for us. and yes, the credits were great and DD was able to use them toward her degree.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 2:47 pm
how much does the dorm cost? I was just looking at their website and it says that there is no dorm, but I was thinking that maybe it is just an official website as an accredited institution and they really do? how many girls live in the dorm?
Can someone describe to me the "type" of girls that go (I understand it is a big mix?)

amother
Bellflower

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 10:33 pm
Bnos Chaim dorm is a big mix as you said, size 30-60 girls. They have 2-3 houses next door to each other depending on the size. Not sure exact cost I think a few thousand dollars above reg tuition, nothing crazy. Basically the price of room and board.

The dorm is basically all the out of towners in sem so pretty much a representative sample of Bnos Chaim. Basically Yeshivish Lakewood style but with the friendliness and warmth of OOT. Really a great group of girls overall.

Keep in mind when I say OOT the majority are from Brooklyn and Monsey though there are plenty from real OOT as well.

amother
Bellflower

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 10:43 pm
amother Cyclamen wrote:
what does greasy in a good way mean?
between the 3 which has the least academic pressure? we need great learning, enviornment, and girls with not so much outside work and studying

“Greasy” is hard to explain.

Bnos Chaim and Kerem may be good options for you, probably not Migdal. Kerem is brand new so you probably would have a much easier time getting in. Bnos Chaim has been very hard to get into lately.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info