Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Can you help me find a dumb phone with a qwerty keyboard
Previous  1  2

crust

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 1:26 pm
amother Chicory wrote:
I kept buying used slider phones as long as I could, until the 3G shutdown really happened. after much research I got the sunbeam orchid an I've been very happy with it. I has a touchscreen qwerty keyboard but it's pretty good, and it also has voice texting which I use a lot. and it doesn't even need a filter--it's tag approved right out of the box because it has no browser and no app store. (but it actually has weather and a gps)

Do you know how strong it is? Does it last?

amother
Latte

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 1:29 pm
crust wrote:
Do you know how strong it is? Does it last?

It's really not strong.
My MIL has it, she was talking on the phone in the grocery store, it slipped out of her hands on to the floor and boom! it was over. No resusication possible. She needed to buy a whole nother phone.
When I was looking into it that's what the sales person's main thing was, that don't expect it to be hardy for a yiddishe mama who's kids play with her phone.

ruchelbuckle

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 8:20 pm
Yeah, the sunbeam isn't made particularly well. I think I am on my third one since January 2022. So about 18 months. That being said, the company does have a good policy for returning the broken ones. I think when you send in your broken one, you get your new one for only $50 or something. But still....

amother
Chicory

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 8:40 pm
so after dropping mine a bunch of times, it did end up breaking, but they fixed it and sent it back for free! BH I had a very basic nokia phone available that my daughter had used, that I was able to switch my sim to temporarily while they fixed my sunbeam. so I could at least make and receive phone calls. and then I noticed on the sunbeam website they have hard cases--so invested in 3 cases in 3 different colors for me and my 2 daughters (we kept picking up each others phones by accident so different color cases are a great fix and hopefully our phones will last longer b'ezH!) We do love our Sunbeam orchids over here Smile I never had a smartphone but my adult daughters did and wanted to make the switch, and they are very happy with them BH. For me it was the best (and also only) thing I found to replace my no longer functioning qwerty slider phones. So if you get one I recommended spending the extra 20 on a case and hopefully it won't break. Hatzlacha!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics