Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Whats needed in the area?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Jun 20 2023, 9:58 pm
amother Lemon wrote:
Thanks for telling me abt it then! Where is it? What type of food and prices

https://smokeyhillbbq.com/

681 River Ave.
I don't know where you live but for me it's less than 10 minutes from my house. For Toms River that's close by.
Their portions are extremely generous. Check their menu for food types.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Jun 20 2023, 10:05 pm
A school that accepts kids

Sorry I just had to

amother
Bluebell

Post Tue, Jun 20 2023, 10:06 pm
amother Cerise wrote:
We love Smokey Hill. It's not that far into Lakewood and our bill is usually under $200 for 2 adults.

There's also Pita Hut next door that's cheaper.

Bun burger and Nostalgia are at the edge of Lakewood.

I feel like there's so many eateries here.

Smokey hill is great. But I think she means a cheaper place that’s not take out. Where the bill is still under $100 typically. Like stingers in deal. Or Ottimo in fleishig…
I totally agree, such a place would be awesome!

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Jun 20 2023, 10:07 pm
amother Bluebell wrote:
Smokey hill is great. But I think she means a cheaper place that’s not take out. Where the bill is still under $100 typically. Like stingers in deal. Or Ottimo in fleishig…

I've never been to Ottimo so I don't know. But Fleishig will automatically be expensive.

amother
Bluebell

Post Tue, Jun 20 2023, 10:10 pm
amother Cerise wrote:
I've never been to Ottimo so I don't know. But Fleishig will automatically be expensive.

Not necessarily. There’s plenty in Brooklyn that are date night worthy but not pricey/extra fancy. Just lakewood doesn’t have.

cupcake123

Post Tue, Jun 20 2023, 10:14 pm
Smokey hill is great but regular upscale restaurant pricing. For in between pricing I like 656 in deal. But yeah nothing really fleishig in Lakewood like a China glatt or esti Hana type place that they have in brooklyn...

But what I wish they had was what we used to have in ice cream kids...an indoor playground type place but I'm guessing that's a huge investment

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Jun 20 2023, 10:20 pm
amother Bluebell wrote:

So smokeyhill sounds amazing! But yeah I mean cheaper than that. Exactly like ottimo or the upper crust pricing but fleishig. They can have chinese or burgers but nicer ambiance than a fast food place

amother
Cadetblue

Post Tue, Jun 20 2023, 10:24 pm
amother Watermelon wrote:
An indoor playground for toddlers and young children.

This! To have a place to take them on Sundays, winter days, vacation, so desperately needed.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Jun 20 2023, 10:36 pm
There are so many cars on the road. I wonder how often people think "I need to bring this thing to the other side of the lake but I can't afford to spend an hour doing it".

How about a courier service? Maybe team up with an existing car service business.

amother
DarkGray

Post Tue, Jun 20 2023, 10:37 pm
amother Cadetblue wrote:
This! To have a place to take them on Sundays, winter days, vacation, so desperately needed.
what’s wrong with urban air? Right here in Toms River. My kids love it.

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Jun 20 2023, 11:55 pm
amother Lemon wrote:
A fleishig restaurant that isnt fast food or a steak house. Something in between ambiance and price wise....like a fleishig version of ottimo or the upper crust

do you mean like carlos and gabbys? we miss that place so much that was our favorite eatery.

amother
Watermelon

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 9:19 am
amother DarkGray wrote:
what’s wrong with urban air? Right here in Toms River. My kids love it.

How old are your kids? I’m referring to toddlers like from 10 months to 5 years. Something completely child proof with foam mat floors. And kid friendly toys. No loud music

amother
DarkGray

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 9:28 am
amother Watermelon wrote:
How old are your kids? I’m referring to toddlers like from 10 months to 5 years. Something completely child proof with foam mat floors. And kid friendly toys. No loud music
I have a 2 and 5 year old. They love going. There’s an indoor playground with slides and foam mats etc. not for a 10 month old but definitely seen 1 year olds enjoying. It’s separate from the trampolines.

Cheiny

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 3:35 pm
amother OP wrote:
What are some things you feel are needed in/near Lakewood? Any types of businesses or service or restaurants needed? A family member wants to open a business and I'm trying to help out with some ideas.

From what I’m hearing there are no general doctors taking new patients.

I don’t know how people deal with that.

I haven’t seen any bakeries at all in the South area. You have to buy challah and cake items in the supermarkets. A reasonably priced women’s clothing store would be nice too.

A kids’ entertainment joint would make a lot of money too (think Kids N Action, or Dave and Busters type thing…).

Cheiny

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 3:36 pm
amother OP wrote:
I hear that. what would you think is needed most? pizza shop? bagel store? grocery?

Definitely none of those.

amother
Impatiens

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 4:10 pm
Cheiny wrote:
From what I’m hearing there are no general doctors taking new patients.

I don’t know how people deal with that.

I haven’t seen any bakeries at all in the South area. You have to buy challah and cake items in the supermarkets. A reasonably priced women’s clothing store would be nice too.

A kids’ entertainment joint would make a lot of money too (think Kids N Action, or Dave and Busters type thing…).

Chemed is taking new patients and will soon have adult drs at the south location (priority at chemed)
Gingerbread house has delicious baked goods, glatt gourmets sells yummy challah….but not a real bakery

amother
Nemesia

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 4:25 pm
I think an indoor kids entertainment would be amazing.
Especially if you make it frum themed - so its a bit different then the non -jewish places it would be really nice if there where different areas catering to different aged kids.
So like a really small kids/ baby area, ball pits/ trampoline areas, something like a children's museum where you can dress up and play, but in frum themes like hazala and yomim tovim and stores in lakewood, VR and arcardes. If you have onsite Pizza and icecream thats really next level.

Probably a bigger investment then an eatery - but also zero competition, and you can do adds for additional revenue.

Best location would be near an exit to the garden state, so its easy to get to from different parts of lakwewood, and you would need a pretty big industrial space

amother
Outerspace

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 4:28 pm
amother Nemesia wrote:
I think an indoor kids entertainment would be amazing.
Especially if you make it frum themed - so its a bit different then the non -jewish places it would be really nice if there where different areas catering to different aged kids.
So like a really small kids/ baby area, ball pits/ trampoline areas, something like a children's museum where you can dress up and play, but in frum themes like hazala and yomim tovim and stores in lakewood, VR and arcardes. If you have onsite Pizza and icecream thats really next level.

Probably a bigger investment then an eatery - but also zero competition, and you can do adds for additional revenue.

Best location would be near an exit to the garden state, so its easy to get to from different parts of lakwewood, and you would need a pretty big industrial space

Sounds amazing but probably would have to charge a ton to make it worth it!

amother
Nemesia

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 4:34 pm
amother Outerspace wrote:
Sounds amazing but probably would have to charge a ton to make it worth it!

It wouldn't be cheap, but I think if they do upsherins and birthday parties, like the non Jewish places, and also put in Billboards/ ads once it becomes popular, it could be relatively affordable.

They would need to make sure to cater to young teens as well, because just Fri- Sunday isnt really enough to sustain a business....

amother
Charcoal

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 4:45 pm
amother Mulberry wrote:
Any type of child care is needed.

We need more non-CHS daycares. I would love to have more then one child at the same place.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries