Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Gemachs
New Gemach Starting!! Looking for clothing Donations
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Winterberry

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 6:05 pm
A gemach to help babies who already have clothes but not designer clothes be able to wear designer clothes? Wow.

ewwpeas20

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 6:06 pm
Do u take from tottini

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 6:10 pm
Yes

amother
Burntblack

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 6:14 pm
Just trying to understand

Why is it specifically only high end?

(I'm not in USA so its possible its a mentality im not familiar with)

Wishing you hatzlocha with your new venture.

Highstrung

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 6:15 pm
Can you list the brands that you’d accept ? Could it be hand me downs that I got from someone else but it’s still in nice condition?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 6:18 pm
I did not get the email.
Please feel free to fill out this form to be added to our spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/forms/.....wform

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 6:25 pm
Highstrung wrote:
Can you list the brands that you’d accept ? Could it be hand me downs that I got from someone else but it’s still in nice condition?

Yes, as long as they are in good condition and current.
We don't have exclusions with what brands etc. Just wanted to help people that want to dress their children a certain way but find it difficult. If the clothing is up to date (not 5 years old)then we accept it. We are trying to help a certain population.

amother
Clear

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 6:27 pm
amother OP wrote:
We don't have exclusions with what brands etc. Just wanted to help people that want to dress their children a certain way but find it difficult. If the clothing is up to date (not 5 years old)then we accept it. We are trying to help a certain population.

Sounds so nice op!
(Just know u may get a lot of negativity here.. for some reason these kinds of things trigger pple)

kenz

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 6:33 pm
amother Winterberry wrote:
A gemach to help babies who already have clothes but not designer clothes be able to wear designer clothes? Wow.

That's really not what she's saying at all.

amother
Honey

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 6:44 pm
amother OP wrote:

Where are these clothes currently going do you think?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 6:45 pm
Collection agencies that sell it for the pound and don't care if it's up to date or not

amother
Honey

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 6:56 pm
amother OP wrote:
Collection agencies that sell it for the pound and don't care if it's up to date or not

Interesting. In my not in the USA area - people give their nice clothes to friends. I guess communities are so segregated that the ones with the nice clothes don't know the ones without.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 9:45 pm
People are embarrassed to ask for hand me downs or accept hand me downs but would be thrilled if someone else set it up. We got lots of requests already..if anyone has 18-24m boys to pass on a lot of people seem to need that size

newinbp

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 9:49 pm
I think OP is saying she is looking for the Jewish brands/looks. So it could be less expensive from tottini but the Jewish style, or more expensive stores and brands too. Hatzlacha op!

amother
Amaryllis

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 9:53 pm
I think this is an absolutely fabulous idea! IyH I will be donating! As someone who understands the desire for my kids to be dressed in European clothing but wasn’t always able to afford it, I’m so happy I have a channel to pass down their beautiful stuff that no longer fits. For those of you who don’t understand this please don’t throw tomatoes! We’re hours before Tisha B’Av let’s focus on the chesed involved here bringing Simcha to yiddishe mammas who get an extra boost of nachas seeing their kids dressed just so.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 9:57 pm
amother Amaryllis wrote:
I think this is an absolutely fabulous idea! IyH I will be donating! As someone who understands the desire for my kids to be dressed in European clothing but wasn’t always able to afford it, I’m so happy I have a channel to pass down their beautiful stuff that no longer fits. For those of you who don’t understand this please don’t throw tomatoes! We’re hours before Tisha B’Av let’s focus on the chesed involved here bringing Simcha to yiddishe mammas who get an extra boost of nachas seeing their kids dressed just so.

Thank you so much for this encouragement! It meant a lot to me

amother
Honey

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 9:57 pm
amother Amaryllis wrote:

Where is this stuff going now? Aren't you already giving to a gmach or another family? Asking seriously, I don't understand.

amother
Amaryllis

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 10:08 pm
amother Honey wrote:
Where is this stuff going now? Aren't you already giving to a gmach or another family? Asking seriously, I don't understand.

My neighbor sends it to Israel and distributes amongst her family there. I think this is a great idea for local mothers who have an appreciation for dressing their kids well and want to see their kids outfitted in a way that brings them happiness. I know for myself I have an eye for fashion and design, but wasn’t always able to afford the clothing I wanted for my kids. This is a beautiful initiative!

amother
Honey

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 10:12 pm
amother Amaryllis wrote:
My neighbor sends it to Israel and distributes amongst her family there. I think this is a great idea for local mothers who have an appreciation for dressing their kids well and want to see their kids outfitted in a way that brings them happiness. I know for myself I have an eye for fashion and design, but wasn’t always able to afford the clothing I wanted for my kids. This is a beautiful initiative!

Thanks for taking the time to explain it to me!

amother
Brickred

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 10:55 pm
thank you OP for starting this.
Should we wait to hear back from you or touch base in a few weeks/months if we don't hear back?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics