Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
ANYONE HAVE AN EBAY ACCOUNT AND CAN OUTBID AN ITEM FOR ME
Previous  1  2

BinahYeteirah

Post Thu, Dec 01 2005, 9:23 pm
That's what I thought, but maybe she's afraid that that person would leave negative feedback?

Can't you just end the auction? Also, that way you won't have to pay final value fees. I know I've done it, but maybe you can't when the end is too close.

hardwrknmom

Post Thu, Dec 01 2005, 9:26 pm
Happymom- have you ever seen an item where it says on top "The seller ended this listing early because the item is no longer available for sale".

I know somone who put up an item and it broke they took it off and emailed the bidders. Something you couldve done but its okay.

You dont have to answer to anyone on here.

happyone

Post Thu, Dec 01 2005, 10:59 pm
Hi, my ebay store is one of fragile gift items. It does happen here and there that items break or I find a defect. I usually end the auction. However, this was a new customer that bid on 6 or 7 items and it wouldnt look good if two of the 6 were cancelled. he is obviously a collector, so I hoped he would bid on lots of items since it is now the holiday, gift season. It made more sense that he should be outbid to a point where he would not bother bidding further. I'm fully aware of the final value fee being lost, however my image as a seller was more important than a couple of dollars, especially when I saw it was a potential really good customer....
sorry for rambling on.

chevymum

Post Thu, Dec 01 2005, 11:16 pm
Okay - seeing as so many of you are doing it is their real business opportunities in Ebay or are you all just selling things .... that you no longer use or need??

stem

Post Thu, Dec 01 2005, 11:49 pm
happyone wrote:
next time moms try and be someone dan lkaf zchus and stop judging each and every post! Not everyone is doing "fraud" etc... thanks for those that pm'd and responded that you would like to help.

Yes, I admit I should have been Dan Lekaf Zechus, but happyone - reread your post and admit that it is misleading to those of us who are not so imaginative. Why didn't you just say the reason in your first post??

Sad

happyone

Post Fri, Dec 02 2005, 12:00 am
for those of you who enjoy a good laugh sometimes. check this link -- sure makes fun of us ebayers.. [url]http://tinafolsomphotography.com/ebay_song.html [/url]
Regarding your question about it being a business. Mine is an official (and yes legal Smile ) business, but it did start out with emptying my house before pesach several years ago. I realized at that time, that while hundreds of thousand of people have nothing to do, and 'hang out' on ebay, I may as well make some money. I can't say I'm getting rich on it, but it does bring in some extra cash.

IndyMom

Post Fri, Dec 02 2005, 9:19 am
Can you tell me what your set up is? I mean, I have junk in my house and I have a digi cam and I even have a husband who can ship the sold items from work - but I just can't get it together. I keep thinking I should turn one of the bedrooms in my house into an EBAY room and just load it up with the junk and have a corner for taking pictures and just upload and sell. I just don't have a lot of time (kids, school) but I definitely want to declutter. what do you ebayers do? How long does it take to post adn keep track of say 5 items at a time? I'd appreciate some good concrete advice.

Maybe I would be better off having a garage sale.

hardwrknmom

Post Fri, Dec 02 2005, 9:22 am
thanks happymom- I've heard it before Smile

lucky

Post Fri, Dec 02 2005, 11:35 am
I've tried selling things on e-bay. For every ten things I list, I sell only one.Sad

3Qts

Post Fri, Dec 02 2005, 11:55 am
You cannot end a listing if its less then 12 hours. I have had times where either the item got damaged ,listed it twice and then realized that both items have bids on it or realized I dont actually have the item I thought I did and I never thought of doing what happymom did and did get negative feedback

hardwrknmom

Post Fri, Dec 02 2005, 2:32 pm
Lucky you gotta be lucky Cherry

He*Sings*To*Me

Post Thu, Dec 29 2005, 6:38 pm
Happymom, this is l-o-n-g overdue...I am sorry as I misunderstood your intent completely. I would've been HAPPY to help you out under the circumstances...again, I am sorry for the part a played. I am one of those people who usually give benefit-of-the-doubt...I slipped up. If you EVER NEED anything regarding eBay, PM me! Very Happy
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics