Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Is a band fall ok for chassidish
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Lemonlime

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 1:18 pm
amother NeonOrange wrote:
In monsey I know many mothers from bnos binah or bdy that wear a bandfall

With hair showing?

amother
Acacia

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 1:19 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Even with no hair showing. A fall is not generally accepted in the chassidish world.

It's becoming more accepted especially in the winter with a beanie.

amother
Broom

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 1:24 pm

Not with hair showing.

amother
Broom

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 1:25 pm
amother Acacia wrote:

Not mainstream chassidish. Some chassidish women that always cover their wig, may cover their short regular wig with a beanie in the winter. But they don't wear a fall.
I wish a band fall & ponytail wig would become more acceptable in chassidish circles. They look so comfortable.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 1:56 pm
amother Acacia wrote:

With a beanie you can't tell if it's a fall. But a band fall is a no-no.

amother
Amaryllis

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 1:57 pm

Not familiar with Bnos Binah, but many families in BDY are not mainstream chassidish

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 2:00 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
With a beanie you can't tell if it's a fall. But a band fall is a no-no.
I was going to say, if you're wearing a beanie how would people know if it's a fall ...

OP where did you learn a tefach is ok? I'm yeshivish and we don't follow that either.

amother
Acacia

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 2:02 pm
amother Broom wrote:
Not mainstream chassidish. Some chassidish women that always cover their wig, may cover their short regular wig with a beanie in the winter. But they don't wear a fall.
I wish a band fall & ponytail wig would become more acceptable in chassidish circles. They look so comfortable.

You can't know if it's a fall or not. They are so comfortable.

amother
Begonia

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 2:05 pm
I see some of my friends who are more “cool chassidish” put on these band falls without hair sticking out in the front.
On a separate note: Honestly, they all look horrible in it. Can anyone explain what the idea of wearing it is? Is it more comfy? Is it to look more modern? I mean you literally see the bump of the wig starting under the band, they put the band over their ears and it’s tight and flat around their face….. really not flattering at all!

amother
Acacia

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 2:10 pm
amother Begonia wrote:
I see some of my friends who are more “cool chassidish” put on these band falls without hair sticking out in the front.
On a separate note: Honestly, they all look horrible in it. Can anyone explain what the idea of wearing it is? Is it more comfy? Is it to look more modern? I mean you literally see the bump of the wig starting under the band, they put the band over their ears and it’s tight and flat around their face….. really not flattering at all!

It's very comfy and it looks really good on many people.

amother
Broom

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 2:16 pm
amother Acacia wrote:
You can't know if it's a fall or not. They are so comfortable.

It's easy to tell the difference between a fall and a full wig.

amother
Acacia

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 2:53 pm
amother Broom wrote:
It's easy to tell the difference between a fall and a full wig.

Not when it's covered with a beanie and cut to the same length.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 3:01 pm
amother Tangerine wrote:
I was going to say, if you're wearing a beanie how would people know if it's a fall ...

OP where did you learn a tefach is ok? I'm yeshivish and we don't follow that either.

TBH this is just how I grew up. My family is very frum but we were taught a tefach is fine. My very yeshivish aunt covers all the way but in our family she is considered “very” frum.

I’m open to learning more about this though.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 8:09 pm
I dont know if its only chassidim,but the issue (I think halachikly)is that hair may not be covered by band OR beanie/hat, point is that some sheitel must stick out in front so that a person can tell that the hair is a sheitel. based on seeing the hairline of sheitel in the front
otherwise man may not know that woman is wearing a sheitel cuz hairline is covered

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 8:11 pm
if your hair is realy short it will show you gotta let it grow out a little so it's easier to cover. I didn't wear one when I had kids in school. I;mnot sure it's a problem in lubavitch but it's not great either.

amother
Broom

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 8:13 pm
amother OP wrote:
TBH this is just how I grew up. My family is very frum but we were taught a tefach is fine. My very yeshivish aunt covers all the way but in our family she is considered “very” frum.

I’m open to learning more about this though.

A tefach is not fine. It's a misconception. Something that people took out of context.

amother
Broom

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 8:14 pm
amother Acacia wrote:
Not when it's covered with a beanie and cut to the same length.

A fall is generally way thinner than a full wig. And a full wig with a beanie on it, automatically looks thicker from all hair pushed to the sides. It's also not so flat in the front.

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 11:03 pm
amother Begonia wrote:

It's comfortable!! Not all chassidish women care about yentas like you labeling them. It's perfectly tznius, they like how they look obviously so they wear it. If somebody wants to look more "modern" I promise you wearing a fall wouldn't be on top of their list, to do so.
Some women just can't understand how some people think for themselves and don't feel the need to follow the masses.

amother
Acacia

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 11:16 pm
amother Broom wrote:
A fall is generally way thinner than a full wig. And a full wig with a beanie on it, automatically looks thicker from all hair pushed to the sides. It's also not so flat in the front.

Some companies aren't full to begin with, some wigs are old and I debulk some of mine so I wouldn't use the fullness as a measure.
On a shaved head the flatness is pretty much the same underneath a beanie.

Honestly, it doesn't really matter because I don't believe any women care if you can tell or not. It's not something anyone is trying to hide. It's just comfortable and there's no reason it shouldn't be adopted by the chassidish crowd.

amother
Acacia

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 11:18 pm
amother Cantaloupe wrote:
I dont know if its only chassidim,but the issue (I think halachikly)is that hair may not be covered by band OR beanie/hat, point is that some sheitel must stick out in front so that a person can tell that the hair is a sheitel. based on seeing the hairline of sheitel in the front
otherwise man may not know that woman is wearing a sheitel cuz hairline is covered

This is a new thing for me to hear According to that logic, pony sheitels should be fine and the old hats perched atop the front of the head would be wrong.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels