Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Youtube channels for older kids/young teens

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 07 2023, 10:33 pm
Please give me lists of YouTube channels older kids and young teen enjoy that are entertaining or educational (but fun) and relatively benign. I can be the judge if it's benign I guess. Need ideas for my twelve year old son. Finally filtered his laptop (kept a more or less eye on what he watched - I have password to computer, he doesn't - but still wasn't always great stuff😬. I remember my older kids liked King of Random. I'm okay with that. This son likes "Extra History", I'm okay with that. I'm sure I can think of others examples. I'm happy with real kosher channels too, but also looking for non-jewish, not necessarily 100 percent squeaky clean, but things that are like I said relatively benign.

TAG can help set up YouTube channels that will be open even if that general YouTube category is closed to make it easier. This is really great as YouTube is so hard to filter - either you're filtering out stuff you're okay with (ex. Bugs Bunny cartoons because they're officially under "film" category or you're opening up entire categories with tons of inappropriate things!)

Happy with general website ideas too!

Thank you!!!! This is a big step for us with him and iyh we can walk a line where he won't be actively at war with us over this!

amother
Nemesia

Post Thu, Sep 07 2023, 10:52 pm
What my siblings watch (I know mom is particular so it's pretty Kosher)

Mr Beast
Dhar Mann
Ryan Tarahan
Michelle Khare
Zach King
The Royalty Family
Jordan Matter

All pretty kiddish, don't know about the educational part though

amother
Snowdrop

Post Fri, Sep 08 2023, 1:47 am
I also need ideas. My child watch is way too much but I know that MrBeast has become a problem. He has someone on his show that has become transgender shows up for the show but I think it’s pretty obvious. It’s a boy that looks like a girl so people I don’t want to watch because of that. And MrBeast is supporting that.

amother
Apple

Post Fri, Sep 08 2023, 1:59 am
I'm sorry, but with all the trash on YouTube, I think that 90% of it shouldn't even be watched by grown adults. There are filters which allow only shiuirim and toradik material. I see no reason for a 12 year old to have so much exposure to screen time, no matter how 'educational'.

Yeah, throw eggs but tbh there have been so many of these threads lately, someone needs to call a spade a spade.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 08 2023, 11:19 am
amother Apple wrote:
I'm sorry, but with all the trash on YouTube, I think that 90% of it shouldn't even be watched by grown adults. There are filters which allow only shiuirim and toradik material. I see no reason for a 12 year old to have so much exposure to screen time, no matter how 'educational'.

Yeah, throw eggs but tbh there have been so many of these threads lately, someone needs to call a spade a spade.

Hello?! You think everyone is an idiot except you? You know THE TRUTH and WE don't?! You don't know our story or our specific situation with our son. I give you a bracha that all your 12 year olds follow your exact desires fully and you have no extenuating circumstances in your life. All of us should have this bracha.

I am SO happy that we are able to get to this stage with him. He's no longer a PANS (like PANDAS) wild beast, is able to listen and be "almost normal" - heading there IYH! Slowly starting to have interests in life again. I am so happy, so grateful to Hashem. It was hard but we were finally able to take this step with a filter without the house being destroyed as he's in a very different space. Although still not easy for him so am trying to have a balance that will keep him on board.

Anyway...I'm happy to hear of You Tube channels and websites that are as I said "relatively benign" and yes, depending on the content, I may define benign loosely. Also, happy to hear of Jewish sites and channels too that older kids/young teens may appreciate.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 11 2023, 2:59 pm
bump

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Sep 11 2023, 3:47 pm
We're enjoying Snake Discovery.
He might end up wanting a pet snake or lizard. On the plus side, he will be well educated about how to care for it!

InnerPrincess

Post Fri, Sep 22 2023, 9:49 am
amother Nemesia wrote:
What my siblings watch (I know mom is particular so it's pretty Kosher)

Mr Beast
Dhar Mann
Ryan Tarahan
Michelle Khare
Zach King
The Royalty Family
Jordan Matter

All pretty kiddish, don't know about the educational part though

Another vote for Ryan Trahan and Michelle Khare here. Both very wholesome, clean as you can get in my opinion, good people.
I'll add in Dude Perfect too.

it’s okay!

Post Fri, Sep 22 2023, 9:52 am
Dh's siblings love Mark Rober. I enjoy it too.

InnerPrincess

Post Fri, Sep 22 2023, 10:12 am
it’s okay! wrote:
Dh's siblings love Mark Rober. I enjoy it too.

Yes! He's great and wholesome
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics