Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Please explain the stretchies with snaps in back
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

mandr

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 1:10 am
Love them as well! And no cold seeping in through the legs with snaps on the sides type of stretchies. The zippers are rigid and bunch up so I don’t like them.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 1:15 am
The first time I got one as a gift I couldn’t imagine how to use them, that was 10 years ago. My last two babies I used them almost exclusively. Mostly in the name of fashion lol but I don’t know if it counts if I only bought last season ones 😂😂, but I got used to them. And if the legs are hard to get in and out it means the stretchie is getting to small.

And for squirmy infants who roll/crawl away during getting dressed once their feet are in their dressed even if the 3 snaps are open. You will often find my babies with those three snaps open lol

I once heard that those snaps across the back aren’t healthy for sleeping on but gosh I don’t think practically anything made for babies is considered healthy these days lol

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 1:21 am
amother Mulberry wrote:
You're meant to unsnap just the horizontal row of snaps and pull the legs so onsie gets folded upwards and baby's legs and bottoms are free.

Those are my favorites. I find it easier than snapping up squirmy legs.

This exactly and so much easier to do three snaps and just legs when changing diapers. With full zippers of snaps down the front you have to take the legs out anyway. These look nicer and imo are simpler once you get used to it.

amother
NeonOrange

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 1:24 am
amother Goldenrod wrote:
As a babysitter I agree with this

My babysitter hates such outfits and tells parents they can't send them.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 4:52 am
amother Green wrote:
Unsnap the ones that are horizontal, not vertical. You can then pull the baby’s legs out. Arms should still be in.

Is it the most practical style? No. But it’s workable. And cute.

I thought it would be something like that but the opening seems too high up to get the legs out. Maybe I'll try again just for the sake of science. Yom tov is coming and these are much classier than all the ones with monkeys and stuff.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 5:05 am
They're for regifting, in my opinion.
If anyone asks me, I explain which style I like. If they don't, I just regift.

yidisheh mama

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 7:17 am
I find them a lot easier to use than the ones with a million snaps down the legs! 3 snaps are way better than 10. And I hate the zipper down the front. My squirmy babies always managed to get fully undressed at each diaper change with those. The only style I prefer is the one with a zipper down the sides of the legs (instead of the million snaps). But those are harder to find.

bsy

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 7:18 am
I happen to like them but only if they are well made (as in, not the Jewish brands.) When they are well made, they are easier. The Jewish ones ive had were awful. Either the snaps were too high to be able to pull the legs out or the material had no give and it was a wrestling match. The ones I've had from petit beteau were great.

doodlesmom

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 9:19 am
Snaps in the back are more practical, easier changing, less snaps to close.. and at night if I don’t have patience to resnap the snaps the baby’s feet are not cold!

Also there are no toes poking out between snaps which sometimes happens with the other stretchies.

Highstrung

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 9:26 am
I always liked the snaps in the back more . Three snaps across and your done.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 9:28 am
amother OP wrote:
Got a bunch of baby outfits as gifts or hand me downs. Anything from Carter's, children's place, etc, I know how to use - there are either snaps on bottom or a zipper that goes from the top down one leg.

Anything from a Jewish store has snaps in back nowhere near the tush. I think I saw the style last on the baby's pajamas in the old original Disney Peter Pan. A few snaps down the middle of the back, then a few across horizontally.

Is there some secret to making this work or are you really expected to undress the child for every diaper change? I'm so puzzled.

I had some of those for my baby. They’re super annoying. You have to unsnap the horizontal snaps and then take the legs out, change the diaper, and then put them back in and resnap.

mom24.7

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 9:29 am
Love them. Less of a chance of snapping incorrectly when doing 10 and mismatching snaps. Takes way faster.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 9:30 am
amother Firebrick wrote:
I don't get why it's a cute style

I guess because there are no snaps or zippers to distract from the design? I don’t find it to be any cuter or nicer looking, and I find them super annoying.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 9:34 am
I always found dressing my baby to be much harder when I used the snaps in the back ones, so I hardly used them at all. I had to lay him on his stomach to snap them, and he was super squirmy from day one, which made it super hard. I found keeping him in place when he was on his back to be much easier.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 9:41 am
I prefer pants and a shirt that snaps. I could get away with only one snap and the outfits are super cute.

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 9:43 am
bsy wrote:
I happen to like them but only if they are well made (as in, not the Jewish brands.) When they are well made, they are easier. The Jewish ones ive had were awful. Either the snaps were too high to be able to pull the legs out or the material had no give and it was a wrestling match. The ones I've had from petit beteau were great.

Plenty of the Jewish brands are well made

GLUE

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 11:33 am
Looks like you either love them or hate them.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 12:45 pm
GLUE wrote:
Looks like you either love them or hate them.

Yes this has been very enlightening lol. Still not sure how this getting the legs out and in works. The knee joints face the wrong way for this. I'll have to experiment with a few of them.

amother
Daffodil

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 12:49 pm
My go to is zippered stretchies. So easy to put on and take off, comfortable for the babies, cute patterns, CHEAP. I buy the Jewish fancy stretchies for when I go out with the baby, the rest of the time she’s in zippered stretchiest. 3 for $15 at target!

I wish Jewish brands made pretty zippered stretchies.

amother
Bone

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 12:56 pm
amother Daffodil wrote:
My go to is zippered stretchies. So easy to put on and take off, comfortable for the babies, cute patterns, CHEAP. I buy the Jewish fancy stretchies for when I go out with the baby, the rest of the time she’s in zippered stretchiest. 3 for $15 at target!

I wish Jewish brands made pretty zippered stretchies.

Where in target do you find cute ones and 3 for $15???
I have a baby boy and they're all so ugly. They either have monsters or dinosaurs or construction vehicles. And they're closer to $8-10 each.
When I had a little girl I was able to find pretty ones much easier.

Also, the zippers are good for older babies. On tiny newborns they are so stiff and bunch up especially if you dry the stretchies and they shrink a bit.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics