Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Do you find this calming?
Previous  1  2

amother
Obsidian

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 12:14 am
I live in Los Angeles. Grew up here.

We have few opportunities to watch rain like that, but yeah... I LOVE it!

When I can't sleep, I go on youtube and but on 1 hr of rain sounds (Heavy rain sounds) and it helps me fall asleep as I drift off dreaming of getting wet or watching the rain from somewhere safe.

okayletsgo

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 12:16 am
I also want to run out in the rain!! But I can’t because I live in a neighborhood with lots of nosy people!!

One day though… when I’ll have my own land😉

MyKidsRQte

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 12:24 pm
I love watching the rain, as long as I don't have to go out into it

amother
SandyBrown

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 12:33 pm
I loved standing in the rain as a child and teen! Much more annoying with a shaitel though, and I have to think about the laundry which takes out some of the fun. But I LOOOOVE the way the world smells in the rain!

zaq

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 3:27 pm
amother SandyBrown wrote:
I loved standing in the rain as a child and teen! Much more annoying with a shaitel though, and I have to think about the laundry which takes out some of the fun. But I LOOOOVE the way the world smells in the rain!

IN the rain, yes. AFTER the rain, not so much. The wetness reactivates all the dog poop and rotting garbage and the streets reek.

amother
DarkGray

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 4:23 pm
I love watching and hearing a storm when I'm indoors. then I feel guilty cuz for sure someone is out and getting drenched.

DreamerForever

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 4:28 pm
amother Sage wrote:
Did this once in summer camp. It was a spontaneous bunk-wide activity. The experience is vastly overrated. Drenched clothing feels utterly disgusting. Step into a running shower fully dressed or even just in your underthings if you don't believe me. Unless you meant running out dressed like Eve before the fall, which would be a different matter. Rather chilly, though, I should think. And it would be humiliating if you were to be G-d forbid struck by lightning and your body found in a state of nature.

I hear your point. That's probably why I haven't done it yet...

I should probably do it midway, and go out with an umbrella, so I feel all that power and fury, yet stay (mainly) dry. Smile

DreamerForever

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 4:30 pm
zaq wrote:
IN the rain, yes. AFTER the rain, not so much. The wetness reactivates all the dog poop and rotting garbage and the streets reek.

Oh yes. And the slugs and snails Puke
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics