Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Making YT easier this year - share your tips!
Previous  1  2  3

doodlesmom

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 9:27 pm
On the Shana Tova cards, instead of wishing a sweet year….I’ve changed it to a sweet life..l.and then I can skip the cards for next year…

Last edited by doodlesmom on Tue, Sep 12 2023, 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

ysydmom  

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 9:39 pm
We already put the kids in their matching yom tov outfits and took them on their fun chol hamoed succos outing and sent the picture out to everyone so that we can all sleep late on chol hamoed and not worry about deciding what to do or where to go or what's for lunch .... already done that!

Lovable

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 9:46 pm
Hahahahaha!!!
A sincere thanks you for all the laughs
I needed this tonight!

Good Friend

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 9:53 pm
Since we’re starting a leap year I’m taking the extra month now to have more time to freeze food for yomtov and will be available for other things besides cooking when Tishrei Sheni comes with all the yomim tovim.

ysydmom  

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 10:00 pm
I sent out all of my apologies and rosh hashanah, yom kippur and succos table setting pictures in the middle of the summer during the 9 days siyum bbq's so that I don't have to set the table again for yom tov. Figured since it was all set up nice might as well use it as a backdrop!

boat

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 10:06 pm
Flipped my calendar to the next page but then it still shows some colored boxes, so turned it to November.

Ahh bliss.

amother
Lightcyan

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 10:46 pm
Air conditioner is set to 55 to keep us cool from now throughout yom tov when we’ll have to wear velour turtlenecks in 80 degree weather.

amother
Phlox

Post Wed, Sep 13 2023, 12:27 am
amf wrote:
I already peeled the apple and gave the slices to the kids. Check that one off the list!

I'm also thinking to fast 2 hours a day for the next 2 weeks, so that by the time it comes to yom kippur I've finished the fast already.

You made me laugh out loud!

ladYdI

Post Wed, Sep 13 2023, 12:32 am
Can’t stop laughing!

shanarishona

Post Wed, Sep 13 2023, 12:43 am
Thank you for this laugh out loud thread!

ittsamother

Post Wed, Sep 13 2023, 12:56 am
I dug up the one and only simanim card now already so we could all pass it back and forth and kvetch about how long it's taking to be passed back to us, so we won't have to deal with that chaos by the seudah. Then my toddler got the brilliant idea to presqueeze the pomegranate seeds all over it and drizzle the honey already so that he can go to bed on time without stressing about missing his chance. He's such a smart one, ka'h.

Queen Of Hearts  

Post Wed, Sep 13 2023, 1:05 am
I already apologized and asked forgiveness from anyone I may have hurt this year.
Mouth zipped shut to maintain my holy existence.

effess

Post Wed, Sep 13 2023, 1:07 am
No food for dinner so everyone can complain they’re hungry. Now no need to complain YK.

pre-count all the pomegranate seeds so we can skip the 613 discussion and get straight to the next part of the meal.

Queen Of Hearts

Post Wed, Sep 13 2023, 1:07 am
We went down to the David and Elliot plant (only the best will do for my aveiros), selected our chickens, and put them on our porch to hound the neighbors with their clucking.
The kids have already named them and grown attached to them.
Little do they know what they're eating for y't. Sad

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Sep 13 2023, 4:33 am
Duh wrote:
I scheduled dentist appointments for isru chag. Go ahead throw the candy.

LOL! I really have dentist appointments for all my kids for isru chag!! And I had to read your post like 3 times to get the connection!! LOL

ysydmom

Post Wed, Sep 13 2023, 4:42 am
I had the kids pick out their yom kippur nosh and juice boxes while preparing the sleep a way camp nosh boxes and dropped them off at shul on the way to the camp buses....

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Sep 13 2023, 7:09 am
Practicing standing followed by repeatedly crouching down on the floor so I can get that crick in my back now before davening Avodah. I also left my Sukkah decorations out in the rain so that they will be pre-soggy. But my real stroke of genius was putting some honey on a plate on the patio so the bees will feel welcome and will be waiting for us when we arrive.

ima_bima

Post Wed, Sep 13 2023, 7:17 am
Sweetmommy wrote:
We went down to the David and Elliot plant (only the best will do for my aveiros), selected our chickens, and put them on our porch to hound the neighbors with their clucking.
The kids have already named them and grown attached to them.
Little do they know what they're eating for y't. Sad

Keep some for kapparot.

Mindfully

Post Wed, Sep 13 2023, 10:32 am
amother Firebrick wrote:
Practicing standing followed by repeatedly crouching down on the floor so I can get that crick in my back now before davening Avodah. I also left my Sukkah decorations out in the rain so that they will be pre-soggy. But my real stroke of genius was putting some honey on a plate on the patio so the bees will feel welcome and will be waiting for us when we arrive.

Absolutely brilliant!

I'm the Rebbetzin, so this year I have a themometer on hand to take the guess work out of knowing when to open the shul windows. Prepared a few shawls for the always cold ladies and some hand fans for those who are always hot. Before you get a seat, my congregants have to fill out a form: (For imamother I will put in parenthesies the mekor behind the question.

1. What was the date of your last period (Need to know how many pads to prepare )
2. Are you still menstruating (Need to know where to place you if you are having hot flashes)
3. Do you have arthritis? (I am preparing kneed pads this year and a young girl will be place nearby to tzniusdikly, of course, help arthritic congregants get up and down)
4. Do you have insomnia? (Same tzniusdike girl will be placed next ly insomniacs to gently wake them when they are snoring)
5. How many times do you faint on YK? (The fainters get placed on the carpeted section)
6. An6 specific bathroom habits? (Im thinking of making a chart, to let one row g at a time to stop all the fat ladies getting squished - if you think I should ask for weight and body measurements, lmk, but I think you would not be welcome in my shul as that is a very rude intrusive question )

Have to run now as im preparing pre crunched tissues for those who waste tissues keeping placr in their machzor.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur