Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Full meal 9x13 to freeze
Previous  1  2

dankbar

Post Wed, Oct 11 2023, 1:48 pm
Sloppy joe with veggies. Just buy fresh pita. Or frozen.
Fish balls in tomato sauce with peas and carrots, can also add into sauce elbow noodles
Cubed cutlets mixed with rice and veggies
Chicken lomein with veggies
Stuffed cabbage, stuffed with ground meat and rice
Capons stuffed with rice (and/or veggies) or with kishka

dankbar

Post Wed, Oct 11 2023, 1:52 pm
Lukshen cheese kugel
Cheese blintzes

amother
NeonYellow

Post Wed, Oct 11 2023, 2:22 pm
Slice sweet potatoes, season and mix on bottom of 9x13 pan. Add minute steaks on top, seasoned. Freeze. Bake covered.

Pour 1.5 cups white rice into 9x13 pan with 1.5 tsp salt. And 4 well seasoned chicken legs on top. Freeze. Add 2.5 cups water. Bake covered.

Layer lasagna layers. Freeze. Bake covered.

Form meatballs. Freeze in 9x13 with baby potatoes. Pour sauce over and bake covered.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 9:17 am
Since this method was the best preparation I've tried so far with any of my babies, I'm back to report on what I made!
I made a large stack of these 9x13 meals, a bunch of small containers of lunch for myself, some crockpot meals for shabbos lunch, and a few extra things...basically enough to cover all cooking for a few weeks (b"H I have the freezer space!) I'm happy to answer questions about any of this, but I don't use recipes. some are based on recipes that I saw online.
9x13s: baked ziti, hamburger "casserole", shwarma chicken (with pita on top of the pan inside of the bag), rice with ground meat, couscous with peppers and turkey chunks, pancakes and eggs, tuna patties and couscous... can't actually remember everything Smile
lunches are quinoa with roasted vegetables, or soup.
breakfast muffins, granola balls, pizza dough, pastrami pizza topping-are some of the extra things that I made

amother
Marigold

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 4:44 pm
amother OP wrote:
Since this method was the best preparation I've tried so far with any of my babies, I'm back to report on what I made!
I made a large stack of these 9x13 meals, a bunch of small containers of lunch for myself, some crockpot meals for shabbos lunch, and a few extra things...basically enough to cover all cooking for a few weeks (b"H I have the freezer space!) I'm happy to answer questions about any of this, but I don't use recipes. some are based on recipes that I saw online.
9x13s: baked ziti, hamburger "casserole", shwarma chicken (with pita on top of the pan inside of the bag), rice with ground meat, couscous with peppers and turkey chunks, pancakes and eggs, tuna patties and couscous... can't actually remember everything Smile
lunches are quinoa with roasted vegetables, or soup.
breakfast muffins, granola balls, pizza dough, pastrami pizza topping-are some of the extra things that I made

Yummy!!!

What’s a a hamburger casserole?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 5:42 pm
amother Marigold wrote:
Yummy!!!

What’s a a hamburger casserole?

I don't remember what the original recipe was (which I'm sure included cheese!) or even exactly what I put in. but the basic idea is a layer of ground meat (browned, with spices) and then a layer of frozen fries. I took it from the freezer straight into the oven, covered. then I uncovered it and broiled for a little to get the fries crispy.

amother
Marigold

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 5:28 pm
amother OP wrote:
I don't remember what the original recipe was (which I'm sure included cheese!) or even exactly what I put in. but the basic idea is a layer of ground meat (browned, with spices) and then a layer of frozen fries. I took it from the freezer straight into the oven, covered. then I uncovered it and broiled for a little to get the fries crispy.

Thanks !
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics