Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Too young for ear piercing?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 11:16 am
Me and my sisters all got our ears pierced the day we came home from the hospital.

I have an aunt that didnt get her ears pierced she ended up doing it when her son got married. Its so much more painful, as a baby they forget right away.

And it can always be closed up if the kid doesnt like earrings its not a permanent thing at all.

amother
Currant

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 11:44 am
My mother did mine when I was old enough to ask and take care of them myself (with her help). I was 5. The women in my family have the same mindset, so I did not grow up with seeing 2 day old babies and earrings. I dont believe in altering a newborns baby for beauty without their consent. My daughter is 3 and she started recently holding earrings to her ear. As soon as she asks me for them Ill be taking her to get them done. Ive seen posts here of babies pulling at their ears/getting infected and I feel bad for the babies that have to go through that. But.... like everything in life, your child your choice!

amother
Petunia

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 11:51 am
So not into the earrings on babies look. To me it looks very ethnic. Also, it's special for a little girl to be excited about getting her ears pierced.

amother
Outerspace

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 11:55 am
I don't believe in putting my daughters through pain to satisfy my vanity. When they want it, I take them and get them earrings.

baked ziti

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 12:23 pm
I did my daughter's at 4 months and I regretted waiting that long. I couldn't see myself doing anything to "change" my perfect newborn. She was very scared for the rest of the day. Every noise made her jump. I had my ears pierced at 12 and it was so painful. The younger they are the thinner the skin and therefore it's much less painful.
The way I see it, it's inevitable that at some point a girl will want earrings. It's doing them a favor to pierce when it's the least painful.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 12:25 pm
I have nothing against piercing baby's ears and I hear all the arguments for it, such as that they're young enough that it's not a stressful thing for them, and they just grow up with it as a done deal. And we choose what clothes they wear and what hairstyles to do for them and what food to feed them and what school to put them in, I really don't see what difference making one more choice for them is. Especially since I've never heard someone upset that they have earrings.

However, I won't pierce my daughters' ears until they're old enough to ask for it and want it, simply because I got mine at such an age (bas mitzvah, actually, I don't think my mother needed to wait quite that long!) and it was beyond exciting for me, I was so thrilled about it and it opened a whole exciting new world for me as far as new jewelry to get and enjoy- I don't want to take that experience away from my daughters. I want them to have that fun and excitement, to enjoy the experience and get to look forward to it and then enjoy their new jewelry once they get it. I don't want them to just grow up with it as just a part of themselves that they're already used to.

Everyone makes their own decisions about what feels right! This was mine.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 12:26 pm
My girls got it pierced at 2-3 weeks. Never had an issue with it since

amother
Skyblue

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 12:32 pm
I pierced my baby’s ears when she was 5 days old, she cried for afew min and was fine
I had my ears pierced when I was 15 it was so painful it hurt for days.

listenhere

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 12:34 pm
The earlier you do it, the less of a chance for infection. When the kid is older the body rejects it more.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 1:20 pm
baked ziti wrote:
I did my daughter's at 4 months and I regretted waiting that long. I couldn't see myself doing anything to "change" my perfect newborn. She was very scared for the rest of the day. Every noise made her jump. I had my ears pierced at 12 and it was so painful. The younger they are the thinner the skin and therefore it's much less painful.
The way I see it, it's inevitable that at some point a girl will want earrings. It's doing them a favor to pierce when it's the least painful.

Do you really not know any adult women without pierced ears?

amother
Cherry

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 1:49 pm
amother Honeysuckle wrote:
Do you really not know any adult women without pierced ears?

I don't think I know any adult women that don't have their ears peirced.
(ETA, maybe women don't have peirced ears but they wear earrings, so you can't really know.)

sequoia

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 1:55 pm
I don’t.
Hi.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 2:00 pm
I did my baby’s at a few days old. She slept through the whole thing.

baked ziti

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 2:01 pm
I never said that there aren't ANY women who don't have their ears pierced. I think majority do at some point though. MOST girls admire their classmates earrings and will want to have them too.

Last edited by baked ziti on Sun, Sep 24 2023, 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 2:03 pm
baked ziti wrote:
I never said that there aren't any women who don't have their ears pierced. I think majority do at some point though.

I was responding to this:

amother
Marigold

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 2:05 pm
I did it at a little older than one day. We went on way home from hospital. I was so hormonal and finally had my girl I just wanted her in earrings already. Best decision ever. She barely cried

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 4:36 pm
amother Cherry wrote:
I don't think I know any adult women that don't have their ears peirced.
(ETA, maybe women don't have peirced ears but they wear earrings, so you can't really know.)

I'm a normal, frequent poster here. Not posting under my username because that will obviously out me. I don't wear earrings!! Never got my ears pierced

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 4:38 pm
amother Honeysuckle wrote:
I was responding to this:

The daughters who wanted earrings got. When they were older. Between ages 4-12. It hurt for a few seconds

cnc

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 6:19 pm
Got mine at 2 days old at the pediatrician’s office.
My daughters / approximately 3 weeks.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 6:44 pm
amother Nemesia wrote:
In EY any reputable place won't do it before 3 months. I think the point about getting a tetanus first is a very valid one

If you had the slightest concern that a person doing piercings didn't sterilize their needles enough that they could infect a baby, why would you go near such a place? And if there is no concern, why worry about needing tetanus shot?
All this aside from tetanus being found in manure. I sincerely hope sterilized one use piercing needles haven't been anywhere near manure.

Op, some people like to pierce when young so that baby isn't pulling at the ear yet while getting used to it.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics