Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Would you take in robe or buy a new one?

Would you take in a robe?
Yes  
 41%  [ 7 ]
No  
 58%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 17

amother
OP  

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 10:20 am
Would cost almost over 40 dollars to take in sides and sleeves. Plus sewing a hole. Worth it? Had it a few years already

tweety1

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 10:36 am
If it's a few years old I'd probably want a new one regardless.

zaq

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 12:54 pm
Depends on cost of replacement. If a new one costs $200, and the old one is in great shape and you love it, then yes. If it's showing signs of wear and a new one will cost $75, then no.

amother
Calendula  

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 12:55 pm
I would definitely buy new. But I don't use my clothing once they are very worn and tattered. I wouldn't spend the money on something that is very used.

watergirl

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 12:58 pm
I just took my two shabbos robes that I got for Pesach but never wore because the necklines are way too big on me, and the women was shocked, she said no one ever brings in robes for alterations ever. But I can't wear it without a shell under unless I take it in so she is doing it for me.

So I think that answers your question - seems you and I are the only people who would do that.

amother
  Calendula

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 12:59 pm
watergirl wrote:
I just took my two shabbos robes that I got for Pesach but never wore because the necklines are way too big on me, and the women was shocked, she said no one ever brings in robes for alterations ever. But I can't wear it without a shell under unless I take it in so she is doing it for me.

So I think that answers your question - seems you and I are the only people who would do that.

That's weird. I've hemmed and taken in new robes. I just wouldn't fix an old one.

silverlining3

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 1:06 pm
A few years old-assuming you have worn it, buying or fixing? I would buy a new one.
Anyway, it's nice to have change over the years. Go for a new one and enjoy it, you deserve it.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 3:39 pm
watergirl wrote:

I would totally fix a new one so that I could be happy with it and wear it. I just wouldn’t fix one. That’s three years old. Because a rope that’s three years old has way too much wear and tear to be worth fixing it. Maybe if we’re just a few dollars but not for $40. After a few years, I’m just ready for something new.

amother
  OP

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 5:50 pm
It's actually in excellent condition. Just worn on shabbos. Has one hole in the back that's a small sort. Other than that it's too big and long

flowerpower

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 5:51 pm
Buy a new one lekovod succos!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics