Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
What are good foods to bring?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 01 2023, 10:43 pm
We're going on an overnight trip (2 days with the one night in between) and staying in a hotel that technically doesn't allow cooking in the rooms (I'm assuming there's a microwave though, it's a suite. Wouldn't be kosher but I think you can double wrap foods?)

There's only so many sandwiches and cheese sticks you can push especially when your family now bh includes teens, plus dh is taking off to join us (in the past I usually traveled only with littles)

My wallet is starting to ache so I don't want to spend a lot but I could pull off maybe grilled chicken salad for one dish? And we can still do sandwiches for one meal. But they will still want a lot more snacks and foods, and some of the activities we have planned will make people really hungry.

Please share good ideas. I always hear about people's great ideas after the fact or when it's too late to prepare.

I don't have the Betty crocker thing people obsess about so let's not go there.

I'm not sure whether or not a sandwich maker is allowed in our hotel but I'm guessing not.

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Oct 01 2023, 10:45 pm
Can you grill for supper? That what we do. Deli sandwiches also. I would bring a sandwich maker or waffle maker.

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Oct 01 2023, 10:45 pm
I like to prepare in advance- shnitzel, latkes , ground chicken patty’s, hot dogs. All of these taste good room temperature . Also, hard boiled eggs, tuna , sliced vegetables . I pack them all into plastic containers and everyone eats all day to their hearts content .

ra_mom

Post Sun, Oct 01 2023, 10:47 pm
I would prepare food, pack it up in an cooler, and bring to the hotel. Make sure there's a fridge or ice machine.

Grilled chicken sliced on the diagonal and wrapped in foil. A large container of cut salad. Dressing in a jar on the side.

Same for ready London broil. Bring a knife to slice it before serving. Another salad.

Large container of ready potato salad. Another large container of pasta salad.

Ready hard boiled eggs. String cheese. Instant oatmeal cups. Bottled cappuccino.

You can do sandwiches for lunch. Tuna. Pastrami. Etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics