Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
S/o just for fun what would your dh write on abafather.com
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Tulip

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 3:49 am
I think I have situational depression.

Like, I used to be a very fun guy... until I had 5 kids.

Now I am just trying to survive.

I mean, I do spend most of my day in work, but still the responsibility is so overwhelming. I feel so stifled sometimes. Sometimes I go out with my wife, and that's nice but the kids part really gets to me sometimes, especially Shabbos and Friday. I just can't leave my wife to deal with it all on her own and my kids are always jumping all over me.

I just want to run away to Colorado and go skiing. But I would never

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 5:16 am
imthatawesome wrote:
Where in the fridge should the ketchup be? Poll

Top shelf, in front
Middle shelf, in front
Door, shelf at eye level, in front

You’ll never guess where my DW expected me to find it! It was behind the mustard on the lower door shelf. Why on earth would I look there?
Rolling Laughter
OMG totally my home Smile

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 6:45 am
I’m so overworked and need a break! But my wife who’s a workaholic doesn’t understand that . She works 40 hours a week, does all the housework , cooks , cares for the kids and holds down a full time job even working evenings, weekends, Erev Yom Tov and Chol Hamoed.
She works so much because she is covering half our expenses and gets us health insurance .
But then on Sundays she’s up at 6 am cleaning up the Shabbos mess while I sleep in late. First , I need a noise machine because she is busy with the clanking dishes . Then I’m on my phone for at least an hour scrolling through all my WhatsApp statuses to make sure I am not missing out on important gossip and then I go to daven. That is so tiring in itself!

As soon as I finish eating the massive breakfast she makes me, I’m ready for my real day off, and then she pops in. She asks me if I can help her clean the garage , if I could fix the window shade, if I could run out to the local grocery to get a can of tomatoe sauce because she’s in the middle of making me my favorite stuffed cabbage that I told her she “must” make for simchas torah and on and on. She doesn’t let me breathe!!!

This is just a vent showing how hard I have it and not getting the support from my wife because she’s too busy working.

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 6:48 am
amother Tulip wrote:
I think I have situational depression.

Like, I used to be a very fun guy... until I had 5 kids.

Now I am just trying to survive.

I mean, I do spend most of my day in work, but still the responsibility is so overwhelming. I feel so stifled sometimes. Sometimes I go out with my wife, and that's nice but the kids part really gets to me sometimes, especially Shabbos and Friday. I just can't leave my wife to deal with it all on her own and my kids are always jumping all over me.

I just want to run away to Colorado and go skiing. But I would never

Why ever not?! You deserve a break and you should go with at least 5 guy friends. They’ll all leave the families behind so you don’t have to feel bad about it. Just make sure to bring along enough kugel, cholent and yapchik to get you through the trip. My wife told me that you can always warm anything up on a Betty Crocker pizza maker , so if you have one bring it along .
Don’t bother asking your wife permission to go . She’ll for sure say no, just go and don’t think about the way she feels. You deserve to feel good too sometimes.

amother
Stonewash

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 8:52 am
I hate my wife's wig, dw told me she doesn't want to discuss it till tonight, I mean what the eff?
Why can she tell me that 1.5 box cigarettes a day is too much and won't let me talk about her wig?
Also I offered the dining room for my friends bi-weekly leil shishi, I only asked her to put up a croc pot chulent and some minor kugels, not the fancy shtreimel ones, just in a reg flat pan and she has the chutzpah to ask me to peel 20 potatoes, I mean I work from twelve to four all day, how could she?
What exactly is she doing all day? She's home only with two little ones , well the 2 year old actually helps her with housework, I even hear them fold laundry together ( luckily I can start my taxi job at 12)
Also she's lucky she can have the mitzva when the kids nap, around 11 o'clock every day. I mean, isn't s-x for the wife?
And she started napping in the baby's room to avoid the mitzva, well at night I'm bz with volunteering at Tzedaka events ( I do the security there) which exactly should we have the mitzva then?
I once heard her talk to her friend or sis about her hard marriage and I quickly unplugged the phone

amother
Trillium

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 10:47 am
She said "do whatever you want" but is still angry after I did what I wanted. Help!

Queen Of Hearts

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 10:57 am
Time sensitive:
Can someone explain the difference between a wrench and a plier?

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 11:00 am
Sweetmommy wrote:
Why does my wife's love language have to be Quality Time? Couldn't it just be 'Silence is golden' or 'A grunt a day keeps loneliness away'
I mean, this love language business is so tiring. Mine is 'Leave me alone'! Lucky her!

Dovid Shloims, is that you?!?!?!

LOL

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 11:06 am
I can't stand women and their excuses! dw always blames her bad mood on hormones! she is always either getting her period, on her period, just finished her period, on birth control, pregnant, postpartum, nursing, or post-pregnancy loss. There is always some excuse to be "hormonal". Enough of the excuses! Why can't we just admit that women are evil?

rant over.

Queen Of Hearts

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 11:06 am
amother Crimson wrote:
Dovid Shloims, is that you?!?!?!

LOL

Grunt

amother
Burntblack

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 11:16 am
This thread is so so funny!!

Like so true!

I relate to so so many of them.

amother
Tulip

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 12:36 pm
amother Lilac wrote:
Why ever not?! You deserve a break and you should go with at least 5 guy friends. They’ll all leave the families behind so you don’t have to feel bad about it. Just make sure to bring along enough kugel, cholent and yapchik to get you through the trip. My wife told me that you can always warm anything up on a Betty Crocker pizza maker , so if you have one bring it along .
Don’t bother asking your wife permission to go . She’ll for sure say no, just go and don’t think about the way she feels. You deserve to feel good too sometimes.

LOL

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 12:40 pm
amother Lilac wrote:

Tip from a guy who is a pro at marriage (been married thrice) It is always easier to get forgiveness than it is to get permission.
you can thank me later

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 3:09 pm
amother Crimson wrote:
I can't stand women and their excuses! dw always blames her bad mood on hormones! she is always either getting her period, on her period, just finished her period, on birth control, pregnant, postpartum, nursing, or post-pregnancy loss. There is always some excuse to be "hormonal". Enough of the excuses! Why can't we just admit that women are evil?

rant over.

Ye and when my wife is mad at me for lying to her it's definately hormones!
I tell her her periods coming (even if she had it a week ago)
These hormones affect them all the time, no doubt about it!

sleepybeauty

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 4:30 pm
Does anyone else’s wife clean before the cleaning lady comes? I tell her to stop cleaning or get rid of the cleaning lady, but she doesn't listen.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 7:52 pm
When I say I’ll be home in 10 minutes I will! No need to keep calling every half hour

chayarg

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 8:29 pm
It's a tmi and might not be appropriate for some chosheve yingerliet. My wife exclusively feeds her baby from herself. Now those whole idea of a ladies body giving milk without bring asked where ever and when ever has really impacted our bedroom life negatively the mitzva and the before action's. Please any advice

amother
Stonewash

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 8:32 pm
chayarg wrote:
It's a tmi and might not be appropriate for some chosheve yingerliet. My wife exclusively feeds her baby from herself. Now those whole idea of a ladies body giving milk without bring asked where ever and when ever has really impacted our bedroom life negatively the mitzva and the before action's. Please any advice

Yeah, she also has a baby room in her body where sometimes even multiple babies may fit in

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 8:45 pm
chayarg wrote:

and my dw won't let me use her body milk to make pareve ice cream

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 8:48 pm
PSA: There is manischewitz paysachdik soup nuts for free in Bais Shalom.
I would've taken it all home but I only had room for 37 cases in my pickup.
Page 4 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics