Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
School schedule exempt
Previous  1  2

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 7:42 pm
amother Puce wrote:
You don't mind lying about your religion? There is nothing in our religion that opposes vaccinations and plenty that supports them. Unless you're secretly a Christian Scientist and are here under false pretenses.

I'm not justifying lying but big pharma lies plenty about their vaccines, so maybe some wouldn't have a problem lying to avoid taking something which they truly believe is harmful, and may actually be.

amother
Oldlace

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 9:08 pm
amother Oldlace wrote:
Actually I'm pretty sure "venishmartem meod lenafshosechem," covers it (among other things).

Actually a big rosh yeshiva told us "there's no shaaleh in the world that it's assur to vaccinate"

amother
Oldlace

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 9:12 pm
Also pretty sure for a religious exemption, it just needs to be a 'firmly held belief,' not necessarily part of an official religion.

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 9:15 pm
amother Puce wrote:
You don't mind lying about your religion? There is nothing in our religion that opposes vaccinations and plenty that supports them. Unless you're secretly a Christian Scientist and are here under false pretenses.

It's not a lie.

If you believe vaccines are risky it is

Unishmartem es nafshosechem me'od

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 9:28 pm
The religious exemption doesn’t need to be endorsed by a Rabbi. All it includes is a few of your own proofs that vaccinations is against your own religious beliefs. If it’s written satisfactorily and accepted , what’s the problem?

mommy1000

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 10:02 pm
New york is the worst. My son had vaccine allergies and they didnt even want to accept medical exemption!! Im like "well what am I supposed to do that hes allegic to it"???

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 10:07 pm
Yes, they threaten and intimidate doctors who give medical exemptions.

And they sometimes refuse to accept medical exemptions, even though it is the law.

amother
Birch

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 10:29 pm
Why don’t you vaccinate?
If it’s because of fetal cells, know that many medicines, including Tylenol and ivermectin, are made from fetal cells.
If you’re doing it for “religious” reasons, good luck. Schools won’t accept them. And if they find out you lied, you’ll be in trouble with the government and not just the school. Not worth the risk.

amother
Stone

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 10:51 pm
amother Puce wrote:

Well excuse me. This was for the flu shot which after doing research, I felt that the slim chance of effectiveness wasn't worth the chance of possible risks. The Torah says to watch our health and and as a mother I felt the flu shot can be risky to my children's health without reasonable benefit. And that's what I explained in my letter. So which part was a lie?

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 11:35 pm
amother Puce wrote:

Do you understand what a religious exemption is? It’s YOUR interpretation of how your religion views vaccines. My personal view of what “v’nishmartem” means and your personal view may be different.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 11:48 pm
amother Birch wrote:
Why don’t you vaccinate?
If it’s because of fetal cells, know that many medicines, including Tylenol and ivermectin, are made from fetal cells.
If you’re doing it for “religious” reasons, good luck. Schools won’t accept them. And if they find out you lied, you’ll be in trouble with the government and not just the school. Not worth the risk.

Since the C-v-d vax came out it made me do research on how vax are made and do we really need all of them.
When I was a baby we barely got any. Now my 2 year old is up to 18 shots!!!
Nothing happens if the kid gets chicken pox. Most of us did 30 years ago.
Nothing happens if they get the flu- the same risk they have when they get the shot.
Why does my kid need 3 hep b shots for??
Etc
In the dtap vax does anyone know what DIPHTHERIA even is??
I would like to know that I have the choice to decide what I am injecting in my kids the same way I decide what foods to feed them.

saltandvinegar

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 11:52 pm
You can PM me

GLUE

Post Fri, Nov 10 2023, 12:02 am
amother OP wrote:

Yes, and two states still have it.

Last edited by GLUE on Fri, Nov 10 2023, 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Birch

Post Fri, Nov 10 2023, 12:10 am
amother OP wrote:
Since the C-v-d vax came out it made me do research on how vax are made and do we really need all of them.
When I was a baby we barely got any. Now my 2 year old is up to 18 shots!!!
Nothing happens if the kid gets chicken pox. Most of us did 30 years ago.
Nothing happens if they get the flu- the same risk they have when they get the shot.
Why does my kid need 3 hep b shots for??
Etc
I would like to know that I have the choice to decide what I am injecting in my kids the same way I decide what foods to feed them.

I guess you don’t work in a hospital where kids are admitted and dying from fully preventable diseases. And be happy you don’t live with someone immunocompromised.
Kids get shots to protect themselves and others. I get vaccinated to protect myself and also to protect those around me who can’t protect themselves.
Maybe I’m crazy for caring about other people.
And we wonder why Mashiach isn’t here.

amother
Amber

Post Fri, Nov 10 2023, 7:54 am
amother Birch wrote:
I guess you don’t work in a hospital where kids are admitted and dying from fully preventable diseases. And be happy you don’t live with someone immunocompromised.
Kids get shots to protect themselves and others. I get vaccinated to protect myself and also to protect those around me who can’t protect themselves.

It’s all one big scam. They just keep adding more and more dangerous vaccines for no reason. The people who got a few vaccines 20 years ago are much better off than the children today. 4 MMRs? My children are immune after one shot. They are forcing any vaccine that they possibly can and everybody has to get it regardless if they are allergic or have a bad reaction or a medical condition. This is called caring for other people?!!! All that is cared about when pushing these vaccines is money and political agenda. Open your eyes.

amother
Lightgreen

Post Fri, Nov 10 2023, 8:08 am
amother Oldlace wrote:
Actually a big rosh yeshiva told us "there's no shaaleh in the world that it's assur to vaccinate"

Yes, but perhaps he is it when there were less vaccines

amother
Coffee

Post Fri, Nov 10 2023, 8:12 am
amother Birch wrote:

Probably because we aren't all vaccinated and he doesn't want go catch our diseases

amother
Oldlace

Post Fri, Nov 10 2023, 8:12 am
amother Lightgreen wrote:
Yes, but perhaps he is it when there were less vaccines

Not sure exactly what that's meant to say but this was in the last couple of years and this is someone is very educated about the whole topic.

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Nov 10 2023, 8:23 am
amother Birch wrote:
Why don’t you vaccinate?
Tylenol and ivermectin are not made from fetal cells.

amother
Raspberry

Post Fri, Nov 10 2023, 11:23 am
amother Birch wrote:

I agree with everything you wrote (I am pro vax) except the last sentence. Bringing mashiah into the discussion is silly and immature. We have no clue why moshiach isn't here, none of us have a direct libe to Gd to ask, and blaming it on anti vaxxers is ridiculous
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics