Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Running a house costs money! Vent!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 4:56 pm
We are tight now, and so I’m trying not to spend on anything extra.
Which basically means every day when I think of my to do list if it costs money it mostly gets pushed off.
And everything is getting pushed off.
It’s crazy!

From well visits, to other appointments, buying stuff for the house, the kids, fixing, mending….
All my errands and chores are now mostly off limits.

I do buy food, so I guess that’s one job that I still got….
Anyone get me?

amother
Foxglove

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 4:58 pm
Yes, I hate it! I finally get motivation to get things done, and I can't do anything! So frustrating.

mig100

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 4:59 pm
yep. its crazy how fast it adds up

amother
Magnolia

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 5:02 pm
Me too!
I see what needs to be done which is a lot but my hands are tied because I have no money to do them.
Everyone tells me I should organize my house but that costs money even if it’s a few dollars I don’t have it.
Very frustrating.

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 5:02 pm
Yes, we recently moved house and currently very tight and are unable to buy certain items of furniture or boxes or things to organise. We will be living out of boxes for the foreseeable future. Its hard as I am a very neat organised person but my home doesn’t reflect that.
Also I love to get things done right away but keep having to wait for a paycheck to get certain things done like buy necessary items for my toddler.

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 5:03 pm
amother Magnolia wrote:
Me too!
I see what needs to be done which is a lot but my hands are tied because I have no money to do them.
Everyone tells me I should organize my house but that costs money even if it’s a few dollars I don’t have it.
Very frustrating.

Hey this sounds like me! I wish I could organise. Noone realises how much the plastic storage bins and stuff cost!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 5:29 pm
Oh wow I feel so heard!

amother
Sage

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 5:40 pm
Omg are you me 🙈🙈🙈

amother
Calendula

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 5:59 pm
amother Seafoam wrote:
Hey this sounds like me! I wish I could organise. Noone realises how much the plastic storage bins and stuff cost!

Cardboard boxes, cereal boxes, shoe boxes, tissue boxes can all be used to organize stuff. Cleaned out food containers also can be used for organizing. You don't have to spend money to get organized. Sometimes you just have to get rid of stuff and thatakes a big difference.

amother
Wallflower

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 11:29 am
Maybe try to sell some stuff - it gets rid of things & both raises you funds!

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 11:46 am
amother Calendula wrote:
Cardboard boxes, cereal boxes, shoe boxes, tissue boxes can all be used to organize stuff. Cleaned out food containers also can be used for organizing. You don't have to spend money to get organized. Sometimes you just have to get rid of stuff and thatakes a big difference.

This.
It might not look so pretty and pinteresty bit it can still look neat and organized.
I still have the oatmeal cardboard box from when I got married a decade ago in my pantry. It fits all the little candies/lollies perfectly.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics