Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
Seminary curricular

amother
OP  

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 2:02 pm
I run a program for a seminary and I'm always on the lookout for new ideas. For new curricular ideas and extra curriculars.
Can you share what the curriculum is in your daughter's seminary? You don't have to name the seminary. Which things do you like or dislike or love about their curriculum or schedule. Any interesting theme ideas? Which interesting speakers did they have? Courses?
This is for a seminary without a dorm.

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 7:27 pm
Anyone?
I have now a weekly 1 hour slot for the next 5 weeks which I need to fill up.
Any ideas? Can be anything appropriate for seminary. Should be interesting, can be informative or life lessons or not your typical hashkafa classes, can be something creative and hands on.. really anything.
All ideas are appreciated!

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 7:37 pm
I haven't been in seminary in a few years, but some ideas, in no particular order

Learning modern Hebrew with an Israeli teacher

Megillat Esther- I actually started to learn this in 12th grade, it was so interesting to learn inside

Some kind of chavrusa, choose your own sefer (maybe Navi?), culminating in a presentation

Some kind of home economics?
Cooking class
Sewing class- so useful to know how to sew a hem or fix a button

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 7:43 pm
Loved learning chovos halevavos at binas.

amother
Aconite

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 7:46 pm
Home themed?
Time management
Organization
Basic finance/budgeting
Etc

amother
Starflower

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 9:24 pm
We had a top kallah teacher give us an overview of Taharas Hamishpacha. That was very helpful and she presented it beautifully.

My sem also put out a CD - a woman who had composed a few songs played music together with whoever had instruments and taught us how to sing them. Any girls who wanted to went to the studio at the end and recorded them. Very special!

Find a Rabbi or Rebbetzin who are game for a Stump the Rabbi type hour. Girls can submit questions in advance (written, anonymous) or live.

Tznius-ize it - have someone teach how to add a kickpleat or sew down a slit, fix a loose neckline, tighten a too-wide sleeve that goes up, add a button to a placket, etc. One skill per week.

Child/personal development series - have a few presenters speak about approaches like Nurtured Heart, Sod Haadam, etc. just to give an overview of some of the things that are out there.

amother
  OP

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 11:14 pm
Whew! You're the best!! Thanks loads for the ideas!! Going to refer back to this thread throughout the year!

Itsallfromhim

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 12:23 am
CJEA Workshop
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info