Home
Log in / Sign Up
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Is there such a thing as buying a house Monsey style in Isra
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next



Post new topic   Reply to topic View latest: 24h 48h 72h

wigboutique




 
 
    
 

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 9:40 am
amother Ultramarine wrote:
Hey Op. the short answer is no.
Most of israel lives like Boro Park in buildings or attached homes. No driveways and lawns.
And although you can technically get a very large size house for a more money, you may regret it as you will be the very rich one in the neighborhood….
I’m struggling with the same. Its hard to give up my 2500sq ft home and two cars and backyard garden and privacy for an apartment on the 3rd floor.

Im getting there hopefully cuz I’m finally ready to trade my gashmius for ruchnius but its not easy. Its called galus. The Israelis on here disnt understand your question. Ive been to israel many times and live in Lakewood so I get it

I’m Israeli and live in a hilly area near Jerusalem with only villas, so that’s not true.

גבעת זאב Jerusalem new projects
You can buy land in beit zayit and build a house with a beautiful view and land. Bet zayit is a mainly orthodox(relaxed) yishuv near Jerusalem.
If location isn’t an issue you can also look at new villas being developed in יהודה ושומרון by the developers המתיישבים
Har Shmuel near Jerusalem
The north has lots of possibilities and also southern Judea & Samaria is really gorgeous. There’s always land plots available in Israel you can develop
Hopefully soon we will see many more with the government increasing more opportunities for new yishuvim, including religious ones.
Back to top

amother
Begonia


 

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 9:45 am
Rappel wrote:
מי כעמך ישראל!

Even in the most luxurious houses in the country, there are only 6-7 rooms in the whole house, because it's natural for everyone to spend time together.

??
I have 7 bedrooms, plus salon and separate dining room, so a 9 room house.
It's not even the biggest house in my neighborhood. Many have 10-11 rooms.
I've seen homes in Ceasarea and Herzliya that have 12+ rooms.
Back to top

Bnei Berak 10




 
 
    
 

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 9:58 am
amother Begonia wrote:
??
I have 7 bedrooms, plus salon and separate dining room, so a 9 room house.
It's not even the biggest house in my neighborhood. Many have 10-11 rooms.
I've seen homes in Ceasarea and Herzliya that have 12+ rooms.

Caesarean and Herzeliya Pituach may have 12+ rooms but very little Judaism. Not really suitable for OP.
Back to top

amother
OP


 

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 10:06 am
amother Azalea wrote:
I think she means a big house with a lot of rooms and a lot of land. And affordable

yes Exactly.
Back to top

amother
Tanzanite


 

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 10:45 am
How much is affordable? Us Israelis have different standards lol.
Back to top

amother
Impatiens


 

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 10:49 am
No

You cant find a big house, with a lot of land in a frum anglo community, that is affordable or at least at similar prices as Monsey.

You need to sacrifice one of the options - you can have 3 of the critera, but not 4. And if you are comparing to Monsey - you will always be sacrificing size per square foot. Unless you are willing to go out of the frum anglo areas.
So either you can get a big house, with land and affordable - but not in a frum anglo area. It could be a non frum city with a small frum anglo community - like afula, tzfat, teveria, Karmiel, haifa, ashdod, ashkelon, or in a not such safe area like Maale Amos or Meitzad
Or a big house with land in an frum anglo community but for a ton of $$$$$
Or an affordable home a frum anglo area, but it will mean a significant lifestyle downgrade when it comes to space.

BTW I moved from a big house on an acre with a pool to a 3 bedroom apartmnet as a teen and my life was so much better and happier here - in the states no matter what yo have you compare yourself to those with more, here the competition is more on experiences then stuff.
Back to top

Rabbit613




 
 
    
 

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 10:51 am
wigboutique wrote:
I’m Israeli and live in a hilly area near Jerusalem with only villas, so that’s not true.

גבעת זאב Jerusalem new projects
You can buy land in beit zayit and build a house with a beautiful view and land. Bet zayit is a mainly orthodox(relaxed) yishuv near Jerusalem.
If location isn’t an issue you can also look at new villas being developed in יהודה ושומרון by the developers המתיישבים
Har Shmuel near Jerusalem
The north has lots of possibilities and also southern Judea & Samaria is really gorgeous. There’s always land plots available in Israel you can develop
Hopefully soon we will see many more with the government increasing more opportunities for new yishuvim, including religious ones.


Beit Meir as well. 20 minutes from Yerushalyim. Completely religious. Huge properties with gorgeous views of הרי ירושלים.
Back to top

wigboutique




 
 
    
 

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 10:55 am
Rabbit613 wrote:
Beit Meir as well. 20 minutes from Yerushalyim. Completely religious. Huge properties with gorgeous views of הרי ירושלים.

Oops! I meant to say Beit Meir, not Beit Zayit
Beit Zayit is more traditional. Not orthodox
Back to top

shabbatiscoming




 
 
    
 

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 11:38 am
amother OP wrote:
yes Exactly.

So op, what is affordable to you? Then we can tell you where to look.
Back to top

shabbatiscoming




 
 
    
 

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 11:39 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Caesarean and Herzeliya Pituach may have 12+ rooms but very little Judaism. Not really suitable for OP.

It may not be your judaism, but every single city in israel has judaism in it and frum jews.
Back to top

amother
Ultramarine


 

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 11:44 am
wigboutique wrote:
I’m Israeli and live in a hilly area near Jerusalem with only villas, so that’s not true.

גבעת זאב Jerusalem new projects
You can buy land in beit zayit and build a house with a beautiful view and land. Bet zayit is a mainly orthodox(relaxed) yishuv near Jerusalem.
If location isn’t an issue you can also look at new villas being developed in יהודה ושומרון by the developers המתיישבים
Har Shmuel near Jerusalem
The north has lots of possibilities and also southern Judea & Samaria is really gorgeous. There’s always land plots available in Israel you can develop
Hopefully soon we will see many more with the government increasing more opportunities for new yishuvim, including religious ones.


Those areas you mention are not as anglo/frum as the Op would probably want.
Monsey is mixed community but mostly in the box frum. There isnt a big MO population in monsey. Even the crowd on outskirts of monsey dont compare to the regular DL crowd.

My dream is for them to develop one of the hills around yerushalayim into a monsey/lakewood type of area. In terms of housing. Just many single family homes.
Back to top

amother
Begonia


 

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 11:45 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Caesarean and Herzeliya Pituach may have 12+ rooms but very little Judaism. Not really suitable for OP.

Those cities have plenty of Judaism. Lots of shuls and mikvah and kosher food. How much more Judaism do you need?
In any case, I was responding to someone who said that luxury homes in Israel only have 7 rooms.
Back to top

amother
Ultramarine


 

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 11:53 am
amother Begonia wrote:
Those cities have plenty of Judaism. Lots of shuls and mikvah and kosher food. How much more Judaism do you need?
In any case, I was responding to someone who said that luxury homes in Israel only have 7 rooms.


Its very jewish and religious. But israeli style. Not for a Monsey family to move to.
Back to top

Bnei Berak 10




 
 
    
 

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 12:10 pm
amother Begonia wrote:
Those cities have plenty of Judaism. Lots of shuls and mikvah and kosher food. How much more Judaism do you need?
In any case, I was responding to someone who said that luxury homes in Israel only have 7 rooms.

Let me rephrase: Caesarea and Herzeliya Pituach aren't *frum* places.
I have a friend living in Herzeliya Pituach, she is chareidi. She drives to Bnei Brak for all her food shopping as there is no mehadrin supermarket.
Back to top

Bnei Berak 10




 
 
    
 

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 12:12 pm
amother Ultramarine wrote:
Its very jewish and religious. But israeli style. Not for a Monsey family to move to.

Caesarea and Herzeliya Pituach very religious? LOL LOL
The best joke if the week
Back to top

amother
Ultramarine


 

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 12:21 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Caesarea and Herzeliya Pituach very religious? LOL LOL
The best joke if the week


Well I wasn’t going to tell that poster that her level of religious is not considered religious for me. Who am I to decide what frum means.
So I said they can be very reliable but not the type the Op is looking for.
Back to top

Rappel




 
 
    
 

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 8:54 pm
amother Ultramarine wrote:
Those areas you mention are not as anglo/frum as the Op would probably want.
Monsey is mixed community but mostly in the box frum. There isnt a big MO population in monsey. Even the crowd on outskirts of monsey dont compare to the regular DL crowd.

My dream is for them to develop one of the hills around yerushalayim into a monsey/lakewood type of area. In terms of housing. Just many single family homes.


So promote the annexation of Yehuda and Shomron, and then you have it. All that prime real estate is not permitted for Jewish development, all based on a technicality. The whole housing crisis of Israel can be solved with one decision.
Back to top

nylon




 
 
    
 

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 9:03 pm
Even what people think of as a small lot in Monsey is likely to be 1/4 acre, or a dunam (1000 m2).

You can definitely get a big house in Israel, though lots of rooms doesn't always mean huge rooms. Lots of land, that's harder. And it will never feel like Monsey. But if what you're asking is, can I have a detached house and not feel like I'm on top of the neighbors -- sure. For a price. And more likely in a yishuv.

Remember if you have a large garden in Israel you have to water it and that's also very expensive.
Back to top

camp123




 
 
    
 

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 11:29 pm
In ranana but expensive and not so yeshivish. But , definitely anglo and frum
Back to top

amother
Kiwi


 

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 6:11 am
Rappel wrote:
In the Golan, you actually can get 6 dunam plots and mansions. But you won't find another Anglo for miles, or many religious people.

You get two kinds of people with lots of land: farmers whom are willing to raise their family in a tent and a mud floor because they're so committed to EY, and secular people whom care only about luxury and invest all their effort and money in this world.

Generally, religious Jews like to live in social communities which generate chessed, and their housing choices reflect that.

There is nothing wrong for someone with money to live on lots of land. It is wrong to talk on Jewish people, secular people for no good reason.
Back to top
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics




Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Chassidish cheder in Monsey
by amother
25 Today at 8:47 pm View last post
Where can I buy a long fancy dress not gown monsey
by amother
2 Today at 8:46 am View last post
Monsey camp fun/ elyon / merokdim / chevra info?
by amother
2 Today at 7:25 am View last post
Monsey takeout to send
by amother
5 Yesterday at 7:03 pm View last post
Who is the best kiddie group in Monsey??
by amother
18 Yesterday at 1:46 pm View last post