Home
Log in / Sign Up
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Leaving 6 month old



Post new topic   Reply to topic View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother
OP


 

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 7:43 pm
Is it bad to leave my 6 month old at home with my husband for 6-7 hours total? I would be like 2 hours away at a simcha so I wouldn’t be able to just run back if he needs me. Trying to figure out what makes the most sense because taking him creates a whole other set of problems…
Back to top

smss




 
 
    
 

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 7:44 pm
Why would it be bad?
Does he take a bottle?
Back to top

Miranda Wright




 
 
    
 

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 7:44 pm
With your husband? Why not?
Back to top

amother
Caramel


 

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 7:46 pm
I assume your husband is her father. What on earth could be problematic about that?
Back to top

amother
OP


 

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 7:47 pm
Never left him for so long. Will take a bottle only if I’m not there but only when he gets really hungry because he doesn’t really like it. I just have a lot of guilt not being there for him, especially because he’s at a stage where he’s really clingy to me.
Back to top

amother
OP


 

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 7:54 pm
And the last few times I’ve left him for only an hour or two, with a bottle he ends up screaming for like the last 20 min until I get home. Honestly confused by it because my husbands really good with him and holds/plays with him but he only wants me…
Back to top

amother
Lawngreen


 

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 7:56 pm
amother OP wrote:
And the last few times I’ve left him for only an hour or two, with a bottle he ends up screaming for like the last 20 min until I get home. Honestly confused by it because my husbands really good with him and holds/plays with him but he only wants me…


How often does he take the baby without you there? My husband watched the babies all the time without me. I've also introduced a bottle a day so I can go out
Back to top

amother
OP


 

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 7:58 pm
Not so often, he works full day and unusually too tired to go out at night anyways.

You replaced one feeding with a bottle each day so the baby would be used to it?
Back to top

Miranda Wright




 
 
    
 

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 7:58 pm
He might be unhappy, but he won't be in pain and he won't be in any danger. He'll be fed, diapered, comfortable, and taken care of by his father. There has to be a first time to leave your baby. Go and have a good time!
Back to top

amother
Bluebonnet


 

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 8:23 pm
amother OP wrote:
Not so often, he works full day and unusually too tired to go out at night anyways.

You replaced one feeding with a bottle each day so the baby would be used to it?


I'm not that poster, but I do this literally from day 1. 1 bottle a day which DH gives. It's a lifesaver for me.
Back to top

amother
OP


 

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 8:32 pm
amother Bluebonnet wrote:
I'm not that poster, but I do this literally from day 1. 1 bottle a day which DH gives. It's a lifesaver for me.


Honestly I just hate pumping so much🙈 but you’re right it might be worth it
Back to top

amother
Bluebonnet


 

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 8:33 pm
amother OP wrote:
Honestly I just hate pumping so much🙈 but you’re right it might be worth it


I don't pump. I give 1 formula bottle a day. I need my babies to be used to taking a bottle & formula.
Back to top
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics




Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children

Related Topics Replies Last Post
New to 19 month old baby
by amother
5 Today at 9:55 pm View last post
Toys for 4 month old
by amother
3 Sun, Feb 25 2024, 9:16 am View last post
Traveling with 6 month old- domestic US
by amother
20 Thu, Feb 22 2024, 9:33 am View last post
Mikva phone number for 9th month
by amother
2 Mon, Feb 19 2024, 12:26 pm View last post
High fat foods for 8 month old
by amother
11 Tue, Feb 13 2024, 5:46 am View last post