Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Issue with tops in jewish clothing stores
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 11:32 am
I have a longer torso and I've noticed that most of the tops in jewish clothing stores are too short on me which is pretty frustrating. Anyone have any ideas for me? I usually have to shop in non jewish clothing stores but it's hard to find nice tznius tops that I don't need to wear with a shell underneath. I live in Lakewood if anyone has any good recommendations. Thanks!

amother
Amaryllis

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 11:41 am
Agree I'm tall (5'8") and most tops are too short on me. But I find the same in non jewish stores also.

Unigala

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 11:41 am
unfortunately jewish clothing deisgners seem to believe that every single frum girl has the exactly same body type

you are not alone.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 12:01 pm
I find the opposite. I'm short and all tops are too long on me! I have such a hard time finding anything decent.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 12:04 pm
Try being well endowed in frum stores!

Can they please stop showing those dresses with buttons down the front!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 12:09 pm
Unigala wrote:
unfortunately jewish clothing deisgners seem to believe that every single frum girl has the exactly same body type

you are not alone.

I completely agree. I don't understand why they can't have more versatility when it comes to different body types. I find that most of the jewish tops have such tight closed necks for tznius reasons but really bother me because I'm a bit sensory and the tops are too short and if they would just be a few inches longer, it would make things so much easier for us taller girls with long torsos. I wish I could manufacture my own clothing line to solve these issues but I would need some financial backing as well as good resources where to start.

mha3484

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 12:10 pm
I like a longer looser top to hide some of my stomach. Esteez on amazon has had some good shirts over the years.

I also dont mind a cropped shell if the only issue is the neckline.

amother
Grape

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 12:15 pm
Opposite issue but I am very short and have such a hard time shopping in frum stores!! I don't get it. Looking around maybe about a third of Jewish women are 5'2" or shorter, yet there is no petite clothing.

I always assumed that the tall people had an easier time since all those dresses are ridiculously low waisted and long.

amother
Steelblue

Post Wed, Dec 13 2023, 9:56 am
I'm tall and I also struggle to find normal sweaters that aren't skin tight or too short.

YAL brand has some nice sweaters - sometimes they're just-just on me, other times I'm able to find ones that are long enough. This year B"H I was able to find a few that worked!

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Wed, Dec 13 2023, 10:11 am
amother Grape wrote:
Opposite issue but I am very short and have such a hard time shopping in frum stores!! I don't get it. Looking around maybe about a third of Jewish women are 5'2" or shorter, yet there is no petite clothing.

I always assumed that the tall people had an easier time since all those dresses are ridiculously low waisted and long.

My daughter is 5 feet and we just hem everything. I don’t have a problem otherwise…

smss

Post Wed, Dec 13 2023, 10:14 am
amother Hibiscus wrote:

Double sided fabric tape!

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Dec 13 2023, 10:18 am
Agreed. Why are all the tops so short??

amother
Acacia

Post Wed, Dec 13 2023, 10:43 am
I think you’re seeing a lot of short tops because croped tops over a dress is the style . Not meant to wear with a skirt.

amother
Acacia

Post Wed, Dec 13 2023, 10:45 am
amother Hibiscus wrote:

I love those button down dresses because I’m nursing lol!
But I’m always big on top and I don’t find that style to be unflattering. Once in a while I need to add a snap midbust

amother
Ultramarine

Post Wed, Dec 13 2023, 11:01 am
amother DarkMagenta wrote:
My daughter is 5 feet and we just hem everything. I don’t have a problem otherwise…

I'm slightly under 5 feet and no not everything can be hemmed, and it not just the overall length it's where everything hits.

amother
Vanilla

Post Wed, Dec 13 2023, 1:10 pm
As a short-waisted 5"1er I find shopping to be very discouraging. Not everything can be hemmed, especially dresses. I would have to have the dress deconstructed and reconfigured in order for it to look semi decent. That costs about as much as the actual garment. It's interesting to hear how tall people also struggle. Never thought about that.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 12:20 pm
amother Vanilla wrote:
As a short-waisted 5"1er I find shopping to be very discouraging. Not everything can be hemmed, especially dresses. I would have to have the dress deconstructed and reconfigured in order for it to look semi decent. That costs about as much as the actual garment. It's interesting to hear how tall people also struggle. Never thought about that.

Yes, I never realized short people had a struggle in the jewish clothing stores so it's interesting to hear both perspectives. I literally don't know where to shop because I have a longer torso and most of the tops are too short on me.

amother
Milk

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 1:05 pm
Right now, the style is shorter tops.
Is this an issue that you always had OP or only now that they are showing the current styles?

amother
Milk

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 1:16 pm
Is this an issue that you always had OP or only now that they are showing the current styles?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 2:41 pm
amother Milk wrote:

I've always had this issue in jewish stores but sometimes, you can get lucky here and there but for the most part, I avoid jewish clothing stores for this reason and for the fact that the necks are usually too tight for my liking.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics