Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Schools for daughter of converts in BP
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Fern

Post Sun, Dec 10 2023, 3:42 pm
Gan Yisrael has free tuition for kids born in 2020/2021 for this coming school year.It is very warm and has a diverse parent body. Smaller classes and nice approach to yiddishkeit.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Sun, Dec 10 2023, 5:00 pm
I know a couple that are a ger and a bt and they sent their kids to gan yisrael.

amother
Lily

Post Sun, Dec 10 2023, 5:24 pm
Btw schools are closed tomorrow for chanukah vacation. So u can start reaching out on Tuesday.
Hatzlocha

bsy

Post Sun, Dec 10 2023, 6:00 pm
Tons of kids in BYBP have brothers in much more chasidish school. Tuition is very low for nursery and kindergarten. BY 18th Ave is really not chasidish and is very hard to get into.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Sun, Dec 10 2023, 6:19 pm
bsy wrote:
Tons of kids in BYBP have brothers in much more chasidish school. Tuition is very low for nursery and kindergarten. BY 18th Ave is really not chasidish and is very hard to get into.

I don't know which BYBP preschool you're referring to. Tuition is not low.
Unless you're being helped by social programs, which you need to be eligible for. But BYBP still gets paid fully.

amother
Dandelion

Post Sun, Dec 10 2023, 6:31 pm
Most schools today have free nursery and kindergarten regardless what your financial status is. It’s from nyc prek program. And I believe most schools want to be part of it as they make over 18k a child from it so it’s a huge money making for them. The schools do charge those grades for transportation, building fee, dinner fee, security fee but no tuition. Call schools starting Tuesday as someone else here said most schools are closed tomorrow for Chanukah vacation. And yes gan yisroel may be a great place for you. I know a few parents that send there and they’re extremely happy! They said it’s a very warm school and the parent body is wonderful. It’s not a super high level of learning which I think is great because our daughters don’t need to be a rosh yeshiva! Good luck! And please keep us posted. May this process go easily and smoothly for you.

bsy

Post Sun, Dec 10 2023, 6:57 pm
amother DarkCyan wrote:
I don't know which BYBP preschool you're referring to. Tuition is not low.
Unless you're being helped by social programs, which you need to be eligible for. But BYBP still gets paid fully.

No it is not. There is universal 3k and upk. Both are only charging for the extended hours. I believe less than 2000 per year

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 4:21 pm
Update: I guess we are late to the game. We tried 4 schools. All said they were full. Is there anywhere where my daughter can go for nursery? Or should I keep her in playgroup?

yrb

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 4:24 pm
Vein school in bp might be a good option

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 4:28 pm
yrb wrote:
Vein school in bp might be a good option

Thanks.

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 4:30 pm
amother OP wrote:
Update: I guess we are late to the game. We tried 4 schools. All said they were full. Is there anywhere where my daughter can go for nursery? Or should I keep her in playgroup?
No, you will have an even harder time getting into kindergarten. Is there any rav/rebbe/ influential person who can push for you to get in ?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 4:37 pm
amother Cerise wrote:
No, you will have an even harder time getting into kindergarten. Is there any rav/rebbe/ influential person who can push for you to get in ?

Yes. We tried friends who were former neighbors. All our "Adopted family" that we are close to. A dayan from the beis din from my geirus. Our personal rav. A few men and women who know my husband and I from shul. His chavrusa. We're very stuck and out of options of who can vouch for us and push the schools to take my daughter in.

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 4:39 pm
Oy! I’m so sorry. If it makes you feel better, I’m FFB and have the same situation with my daughter not accepted to high school. So don’t take it personally, just keep pushing.

amother
Iris

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 4:44 pm
Vien is becoming more chassidish and yiddish speaking by the day. I don't think it fits for u. I would say bybp is the best bet. However, registration begins the day after sukkos for the next school year in most schools. I guess it's hard to know if you're not in the know. Whoever can push for bybp, that's where I think your daughter will be most comfortable.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 4:46 pm
amother Cerise wrote:
Oy! I’m so sorry. If it makes you feel better, I’m FFB and have the same situation with my daughter not accepted to high school. So don’t take it personally, just keep pushing.

I'm seriously curious. What's the point of pushing if they say they are full?

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 5:11 pm
I pushed into a full school. If you push hard enough a a lot can open up. Have your people keep calling.

bsy

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 5:16 pm
BYBP was full?

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 5:25 pm
amother OP wrote:
I'm seriously curious. What's the point of pushing if they say they are full?
Full means different things. Sometimes it means they don’t want you. Sometimes they are full but squeeze in another girl when pushed hard enough. Don’t take it as an impossible. You push till someone takes you. It’s a broken system, but this is how it works. I’ll have you in mind in my tefilos and pls do the same for me.

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 5:31 pm
Maybe Shalsheles BY on 16th?

happy12

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 5:54 pm
With 3K and UPK they cannot squeeze in any extra children in a class.
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics