Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Thoughts on the price here?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

UQT

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 2:15 pm
I actually didn’t buy there this winter when they had a significant jump in pricing for weekday. I usually got 3-4 items there. If enough people vote with their wallets it keeps the price down. Otherwise why wouldn’t we pay $100 next year for 3 inches of fabric?

amother
Broom

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 2:18 pm
amother OP wrote:
Exactly that. Yes it’s a cut above cheaper brands but not enough to justify these random prices. There are comparable or even better brands in terms of quality and fit that have a lot more consistent pricing.

So shop there lol. I happen to find their quality great like others said. I’m not their target clientele so I don’t shop there often (my kids don’t start tznius so young, dress a bit more casual) but whenever I do I’m impressed.

amother
Broom

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 2:20 pm
amother OP wrote:
But steak houses don’t randomly go up in pricing from season to season and dish to dish. Nor do jewelry stores and other luxury enterprises.

Yes they do!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 2:23 pm
UQT wrote:
I actually didn’t buy there this winter when they had a significant jump in pricing for weekday. I usually got 3-4 items there. If enough people vote with their wallets it keeps the price down. Otherwise why wouldn’t we pay $100 next year for 3 inches of fabric?

I’m not getting anything at full price this season. First time in a while. But apparently there are people who will buy at any price.

amother
Steel

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 2:25 pm
amother OP wrote:
Is there really no limit to how much you would spend in such a scenario?

There is but $20 won't make a difference for me bh. I already said I don't typically pay those prices, although I have on occasion, but there's a market for them & I understand why.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 2:27 pm
amother Steel wrote:
There is but $20 won't make a difference for me bh. I already said I don't typically pay those prices, although I have on occasion, but there's a market for them & I understand why.

What would make a difference for you?

amother
Steel

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 2:37 pm
amother OP wrote:
What would make a difference for you?

I wouldn't know until I'm in a position to decide if something is worth it for me at the time for the price. I'm not really understanding what you're trying to understand here.

amother
Eggshell

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 3:09 pm
Look the prices are totally insane. But I will say that the markup is proportional. Both are bizarre, but they are proportional to each other. The difference in price is based on the fabric, the design, the work invested-- of which the £82 dollar one is definitely more detailed. Perhaps they were even made in a different factory.

Talking as someone who dresses her kids to the nines-- all on sale. Mainly in European clothing. (I'm from England)
What really annoys me is that the prices of these companies is comparable, and often even more expensive than European designer kidswear. I know they are reputable and not brand new kids on the block, but how can you justify having higher prices than designer brands with 50-75 yrs of experience in Italian and Spanish brands who have impeccable sizing and international standards and acclaim? When you have 10 or so years of production...?

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 3:28 pm
amother OP wrote:
But steak houses don’t randomly go up in pricing from season to season and dish to dish. Nor do jewelry stores and other luxury enterprises.

Yes they have gone up without warning.
We recently went to one in Lakewood and found out that their prices were hiked up from last month. a substantial difference that had us walk out.

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 3:37 pm

This one above seems to be from cotton/terry material simple pattern.

This one below seems to be from sturdy denim and fine more intricate stitching and pattern. So I would assume that is where the price difference cones from.

BTW- yes everything has gone up- on Amazon. I just checked for something that last year I bought for a bout 15$(household item) now it runs between 25-35

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 3:52 pm
amother Sienna wrote:

This one below seems to be from sturdy denim and fine more intricate stitching and pattern. So I would assume that is where the price difference cones from.

BTW- yes everything has gone up- on Amazon. I just checked for something that last year I bought for a bout 15$(household item) now it runs between 25-35

Thanks for explaining. I just haven’t seen this with other brands. Usually they charge the same for each category.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 3:52 pm
amother Sienna wrote:
Yes they have gone up without warning.
We recently went to one in Lakewood and found out that their prices were hiked up from last month. a substantial difference that had us walk out.

Because the price of raw ingredients has gone up

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 3:56 pm
When you go to a Jewelry store, every piece will have a price tag based on the karats, size and clarity of diamonds etc. they don’t just randomly hike up prices on some pieces.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 4:12 pm
amother Sienna wrote:

That's what I was thinking too. The stitching around the collar and the P applique probably add to the price.

amother
Feverfew

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 4:13 pm
It’s simple supply and demand

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 4:17 pm
amother OP wrote:
When you go to a Jewelry store, every piece will have a price tag based on the karats, size and clarity of diamonds etc. they don’t just randomly hike up prices on some pieces.

Sure
And the same piece can be differently priced in different stores.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 4:17 pm
amother OP wrote:

Do you own a business?

My husband and I do and it's a matter of taking various factors into account when raising prices. And yes, it can seem random to an outsider. We use a percentage to raise prices across the board (usually, with few exceptions). We look at other similar businesses in the industry. We think about the price we pay for raw materials and how much that has been raised. We think about how inflation has affected all of our costs. We think about customer reactions to the price increase. We are, after all is said and done, a business and business is out to make money. That said we do contend with feelings of taking advantage of people and try our best to be fair, honest and straightforward across the board, and offer a superior service and product for the price we charge.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 4:22 pm
amother Ruby wrote:
Do you own a business?

My husband and I do and it's a matter of taking various factors into account when raising prices. And yes, it can seem random to an outsider. We use a percentage to raise prices across the board (usually, with few exceptions). We look at other similar businesses in the industry. We think about the price we pay for raw materials and how much that has been raised. We think about how inflation has affected all of our costs. We think about customer reactions to the price increase. We are, after all is said and done, a business and business is out to make money. That said we do contend with feelings of taking advantage of people and try our best to be fair, honest and straightforward across the board, and offer a superior service and product for the price we charge.

In a manner of speaking yes (dh does)

jewjew85

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 5:28 pm
Btw I have totally seen different categories for different pricing
Any store has multiple price points
One set can be 58
One can be 78 depends on quality, brand etc
And regarding price- people pay/ why shouldn’t they charge more? If someone wants cheaper go to HM, Zara.

amother
Banana

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 5:34 pm
amother Eggshell wrote:
Look the prices are totally insane. But I will say that the markup is proportional. Both are bizarre, but they are proportional to each other. The difference in price is based on the fabric, the design, the work invested-- of which the £82 dollar one is definitely more detailed. Perhaps they were even made in a different factory.

Talking as someone who dresses her kids to the nines-- all on sale. Mainly in European clothing. (I'm from England)
What really annoys me is that the prices of these companies is comparable, and often even more expensive than European designer kidswear. I know they are reputable and not brand new kids on the block, but how can you justify having higher prices than designer brands with 50-75 yrs of experience in Italian and Spanish brands who have impeccable sizing and international standards and acclaim? When you have 10 or so years of production...?

I buy mostly European designer brand clothing, and I will tell you that the quality of petit Claire is better than my bon point, Bebe organics, buho, 1+ in the family, etc outfits
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics