Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
In-style glasses

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 7:59 pm
What style glasses are in right now?
I bought mine around 5 years ago since I only wear while driving. I just misplaced them and need to order another pair ASAP. No time to go to store and try on this week. What are people wearing?

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 8:05 pm
I think you really need to see them on your face, since some styles look better on one person and not so great on another. Warby Parker will send you some styles to try on. They are in a few malls and will send you the completed pair after you give them your prescription and select a frame. If you are just looking for magnifiers, I think many drugstores sell them. I recently purchased new frames and they are a modified "cat eye" frame. Not as stylized as cat eyes from the 60s, but more like the suggestion of a curve at the bottom and a more pointed top.

This one is somewhat similar to mine, although the one I bought is darker (more tortoise shell)
ttps://www.glassesusa.com/tortoisebeige-medium/muse-nova-tortoise/beige/35-002881.html?referral=shoppingfeed&promo=SHOP60&PLA=HB&gad_sour

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 8:18 pm
amother OP wrote:
What style glasses are in right now?
I bought mine around 5 years ago since I only wear while driving. I just misplaced them and need to order another pair ASAP. No time to go to store and try on this week. What are people wearing?

Glasses need to look good on you. You'd have to try on to see what colors & styles suit you.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 10:14 pm
amother Antiquewhite wrote:
Glasses need to look good on you. You'd have to try on to see what colors & styles suit you.

I am aware, but with my work schedule I can’t make it in to the optical store this week and I still need to see when I drive. Will try ordering something online and can always return if it doesn’t work out. Just would love to know what’s in style.

Cupcakes

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 10:27 pm
I've been seeing a lot of rimless glasses with aviators, as well as octagons. Octagons have been in for a while, while the rimless is a pretty new look

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 10:50 pm
Cupcakes wrote:
I've been seeing a lot of rimless glasses with aviators, as well as octagons. Octagons have been in for a while, while the rimless is a pretty new look

Thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics