Home
Log in / Sign Up
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Affordable shaitel
1  2  Next



Post new topic   Reply to topic View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother
OP


 

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 8:23 pm
Is there such a thing? Looking to buy in the $1000 range.
Back to top

amother
Crocus


 

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 8:35 pm
What type of wig are you looking for? Lace? Length? Color?
Irene’s is currently having a huge sale and u can get a short non lace wig for approx that price.
Back to top

amother
OP


 

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 7:53 pm
amother Crocus wrote:
What type of wig are you looking for? Lace? Length? Color?
Irene’s is currently having a huge sale and u can get a short non lace wig for approx that price.


Unfortunately looking for long, I’ve seen lots of sales from different brands for shorter wigs but those won’t work for me 😢
My color is dark brown, and I don’t need lace top. Lace front would be nice but not a must if the price is right for a regular skin top.
Back to top

BrachaVHatzlocha




 
 
    
 

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 7:55 pm
where are you located? mazali's are having 50% off certain wigs on tuesday. I am not sure of exact price range. long might be over $1000
Back to top

amother
Daffodil


 

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 7:56 pm
Style Wigs by Shira goes to diff communities and does sales, you may be able to buy in her salon as well. Look her up on Insta.
Back to top

CPenzias




 
 
    
 

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 8:11 pm
If you're on for try the group wigs you wish you own that you can't afford. A woman who lives in London does research on the best place to purchase by skipping the middle man. It saves a lot
Back to top

amother
OP


 

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 8:44 pm
CPenzias wrote:
If you're on for try the group wigs you wish you own that you can't afford. A woman who lives in London does research on the best place to purchase by skipping the middle man. It saves a lot


Thanks ! Is this group on Instagram or Facebook?
Back to top

nicole81




 
 
    
 

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 8:46 pm
I've had amazing luck with Milanos that I buy online during sales. I have 3 that I absolutely love, 2 ponies and one hat fall. Ones I've purchased in salon I have not loved so much. But I also know how to cut the lace better and style and use makeup on the front so they look very natural after an online purchase.
Back to top

amother
Chartreuse


 

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 8:52 pm
Would you consider used? My last three sheitels I bought used, two were $1000 and the third less. They were all barely worn, beautiful and lasted me very well bh
Back to top

amother
Heather


 

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 10:02 pm
Lou lerman started the wig outlet.
All good brands overstock with tags cut out for much cheaper.
Starts at 990
Look up the wig outlet on instagram
Back to top

amother
Peony


 

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 10:33 pm
Ask around. There are free gemachs
Back to top

Tanya1234




 
 
    
 

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 11:08 pm
Malky knopfler just advertised a wig place that all sheitel’s are $999-1300 called the wig outlet. They sell brand name wigs overstocks. Worth checking them out on instagram. They do pop ups in all locations.
Back to top

Dolly Welsh




 
 
    
 

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 11:17 pm
I love my synthetic wigs.

They don't cost nearly that much, last fine if you take care of them nicely, wash in the sink in cold water, using wig shampoo meant for them, press in a towel, air dry on an open wig stand.

Fit is easy - they pull in to be smaller, and you can cut the bands underneath to make it looser or larger. Some come in 'small, medium, large.'

I get them online and give away the ones I don't want.

Don't judge one of these until after the first wash. That 'breaks it in.'

Comb them with a wide, wide tooth comb, gently.

The set is baked in.

Sometimes they can be trimmed, but not usually.

You use a wig cap with them.

But to each her own.
Back to top

erm




 
 
    
 

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 12:38 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks ! Is this group on Instagram or Facebook?

FB
Back to top

amother
Skyblue


 

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 9:41 am
Dolly Welsh wrote:
I love my synthetic wigs.

They don't cost nearly that much, last fine if you take care of them nicely, wash in the sink in cold water, using wig shampoo meant for them, press in a towel, air dry on an open wig stand.

Fit is easy - they pull in to be smaller, and you can cut the bands underneath to make it looser or larger. Some come in 'small, medium, large.'

I get them online and give away the ones I don't want.

Don't judge one of these until after the first wash. That 'breaks it in.'

Comb them with a wide, wide tooth comb, gently.

The set is baked in.

Sometimes they can be trimmed, but not usually.

You use a wig cap with them.

But to each her own.

Where do you buy them?
Why wouldn't I be able to trim ?
Thanks
Back to top

marvinkay




 
 
    
 

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 10:05 am
Zola wigs in Lakewood… same quality as Irene and she does it as Chesed so under 1000$
Back to top

CPenzias




 
 
    
 

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 10:28 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks ! Is this group on Instagram or Facebook?

Facebook
Back to top

amother
NeonOrange


 

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 10:40 am
Tanya1234 wrote:
Malky knopfler just advertised a wig place that all sheitel’s are $999-1300 called the wig outlet. They sell brand name wigs overstocks. Worth checking them out on instagram. They do pop ups in all locations.


What does wig overstock mean? It's not like they go out of date and if they're long they can be cut to current trends. Why would wig companies sell them for so much cheaper?
Back to top

amother
Cadetblue


 

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 11:20 am
I've purchased from here (Ali express) and have been happy.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item.....Adapt
Back to top

amother
Skyblue


 

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 12:00 pm
amother Cadetblue wrote:
I've purchased from here (Ali express) and have been happy.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item.....Adapt

What is kosher kosher referring to
Why is the life span only 6months
Back to top
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics




Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Has anyone ever dyed a shaitel?
by amother
19 Mon, Apr 15 2024, 5:36 pm View last post
Makeup amazon,affordable
by amother
2 Thu, Apr 11 2024, 7:59 am View last post
Experienced and affordable designer Far Rockaway?
by amother
0 Thu, Apr 04 2024, 8:45 pm View last post
Tichel ambivalence from a Shaitel wearer
by amother
2 Mon, Apr 01 2024, 8:17 pm View last post
Affordable Frum cities
by GLUE
22 Sat, Mar 30 2024, 6:12 pm View last post