Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Why did your toddler tantrum today?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

theoneandonly

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 1:02 pm
On shabbos, DD (two y.o.) asked for deli roll. I gave her deli roll. She started crying.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 1:03 pm
DS used to have crazy tantrums if things were out of place: eg the garbage can was moved across the kitchen, a chair was tipped over, a cabinet door was open.

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 1:04 pm
That I couldn't "fix" the banana - put the banana back together after he broke it in half

BH Yom Yom

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 1:05 pm
I’m sitting here cracking up. I think this thread should go in the Imamother Best Ever Threads/Hall of Fame.

hotpretzel

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 1:07 pm
Offer my toddler something, she says no
Then tantrums that she wants it!
Every single time
Do you want pretzels?
No!
Waaaaaaaaaa I want pretzels!!!!!!!!

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 1:08 pm
This goes back a number of years but on a family vacation to Miami we had our flight delayed several hours.

When we finally got to the hotel my then 5 year old son announced that he will be the one pushing the button in the elevator. When we reached the elevator and told him which number to press his 7 year old brother pressed the button.

Our 5 year old sat on the floor crying his eyes out and refused to leave the elevator when it arrived at our floor. We decided to just give in and we went back down so that he can push the button to get us back up.

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 1:37 pm
My 19 year old toddler tantrumed because she came home early from work and had to rush back and dinner wasn't ready.

Yes you read that right, 19 years not 19 months!

Problem was she had neglected to tell me lol.

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 6:03 pm
My 18 month old is OBSESSED with her winter hat and gloves. It's 60 degrees outside today so I didn't put her hat and gloves on this morning and it led to a major tantrum. Needless to say, she went to daycare in a hat and gloves even though it feels like summer out.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 6:34 pm
This goes back years, to when I was single and watching my younger sister in the park. My mother had also given us money to buy ice cream from the ice cream truck. My sister ate half of hers and told me she didn't want anymore and I should throw it out. I must have asked her five times. "Are you sure you don't want it? After I throw it out you can't eat anymore. Do you want to eat more now?" Etc etc. But she insisted she was done, and I wasn't going to walk around holding a melting ice cream, so I threw it out into the public garbage can (the type with a sideways swinging lid on top so you can't reach in after and take anything out.) Literally the second I let go of the ice cream into the trash can, my sister started screaming, "I want my ice cream!!" And had a massive tantrum.
Fun times.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 6:40 pm
Usually the tantrum with my 18mo is about not wanting to go into the buggy but today she tantrumed because she didn't want to come out when we got home!!

amother
Begonia

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 7:03 pm
DD is 2. Today was a calm day.
The cereal bowl was the wrong one. Then also the spoon. All 3 bowls and spoons are the same!!
She didn't want me to put the cereal in the bowl, she had to put it in so I emptied it on the table so she can put it back in- happened previously and was a great solution. Today the cereal was swooshed all of the kitchen as she screamed.
She wanted to go with DH half dressed as he took the older kids to the school bus.
Didn't want her jacket only her coat when we went out in the warm pm sun.
Waiting for an appointment DD6 wanted pretzels in the little bissli bag she had just finished. DD2 wanted also. No problem, but there was, she wanted her pretzels in the bissli packet of dd6.

With the older ones. DS4 got to the door first but DD6 took the key first, DS covers keyhole. But shouting/crying they are doing it. Asking who will be Mevata no one does. Eventually DS says he will so DD says no she will and they both cry coz they want to be mevata.

Writing all this I do have to add, no tantrums lasted more than a couple of mins and weren't the full scale, that's why I remember it as a calm day

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 7:10 pm
Ds3 cried hysterically because I didn’t let him run into the street.

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 7:17 pm
She wanted the entire egg salad container to play with once she was already full.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 7:18 pm
Dd 2.5 cried hysterically because I spilled something, and it escalated into part 2 because I was cleaning it up into the container instead of the bag it came from

unnamed

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 7:33 pm
(Not today but recently)
1. To fix his slice of cheese
2. To close his yogurt
3. To close his banana
4. For coffee time at 5:00 AM

amother
Trillium

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 8:42 pm
Because I didn’t let her drink the mouthwash

Because she wanted to wear her hat and shawl 2 weeks ago when it was 58 degrees

amother
Cherry

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 12:18 am
Dd is 4.5 but she tantrums a few times a day.
Reasons like
she wants yogurt (but she's flieshig, just ate meat)
Siblings asked her to stop making noise
She can't find her shoes
She doesn't want me to brush her teeth
Etc

gilamom

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 12:22 am
I washed his hands after he fed the fish.

Tao

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 12:27 am
He's not a toddler anymore. But I distinctly remember calling him one night for bedtime and he had a meltdown about it. "EVERY day you tell me it's bedtime!" in the anguished and accusing tone of someone making a serious allegation, like "EVERY day you beat me!" or something.

amother
Opal

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 3:18 am
2 yr old tantrums for not letting her stand close to the flame. she's now in the stage of shlepping a chair the second I'm at the stove cooking something. Very Happy
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics