Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
From OOT, what are the ladies doing to look so awesome?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 10:21 pm
amother Lightpink wrote:
I have very sensitive skin and I love caudalie moisterizers , they are gently and non greasy

Cerave is a great brand, recommended by dermatologists and very affordable. I love the PM lotion. It has many helpful active ingredients and feels wonderful going on. I use it night and day.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 10:27 pm
amother Mustard wrote:
Where can I go to get my lashes done in Lakewood and is it a problem when using the Mikva?

I would think the lashes would be a problem when using the mikva. I had my ovaries removed so I am past mikva going.

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 10:27 pm
what can I do for a wrinkly neck. I'm pretty young but my neck looks like I'm 65. bad genes? who knows! but what can I do for it?

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 10:42 pm
amother Navy wrote:
what can I do for a wrinkly neck. I'm pretty young but my neck looks like I'm 65. bad genes? who knows! but what can I do for it?

It's a problem. It's my problem area too. Is your neck just wrinkly or is it a little hanging like "turkey neck"? For wrinkles, wrinkle creams that have niacinamide can be helpful, and a retinal would be best. Make sure to use sunscreen religiously. Botox in the neck is effective. There is an at home red light device called Omnilux that people swear by. I don't have wrinkles in my neck but I have the beginning of turkey neck which is much more difficult to treat. Ultherapy works but it is painful, very expensive, takes 6 months to really show improvement and the effects start wearing off after about a year. I have never tried it. Radiofrequency treatments and micro needling help too. These are in office treatments so they are expensive and don't last very long. These kind of treatments yield subtle results you will not look like you had a face lift. Facial massage and exercise which you can do yourself (check out youtube) make a difference if you have the patience. I am too lazy. Before my child's wedding I got a "lifting" facial that made a difference for about a week. When I got my makeup done for the wedding I asked the makeup artist to do "taping" for my neck and it was great I wish I could do it every day lol! There are at home devices such as Nuface that absolutely work when and if you use it. As soon as you stop you turn back into a pumpkin. I have yet to buy it but maybe will get it for my 55th birthday. But I have also learned some "tricks" that work for me to some extent. I wear as open and low neckline as halacha allows. A high collar, mock or turtle neck emphasizes the hanging skin. Unless you want to wear a turtle neck that goes right up to your chin. I never wear bangs - the covered forehead draws attention to the lower part of your face and consequently the neck. These are 2 easy things for me to avoid so I do. I take collagen suppliments which help my joints and muscles anyway. And then I just let it go Smile

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 11:09 pm
amother Lightpink wrote:
I have very sensitive skin and I love caudalie moisterizers , they are gently and non greasy

https://www.sephora.com/produc.....72454

This is the base line one and works great for basic moisturizer . I also use the anti-aging ones

I use their grape water spray on shabbos but I don't like the smell. As soon as it's finished I will try another brand.

amother
Watermelon

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 11:11 pm
Am I the only one who finds it sad that there is so much work being done to avoid our natural aging process? Some work, fine. But so much??

People are so afraid to get old. It's okay to look your age!

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 11:36 pm
amother Watermelon wrote:
Am I the only one who finds it sad that there is so much work being done to avoid our natural aging process? Some work, fine. But so much??

People are so afraid to get old. It's okay to look your age!

I don't know if you are addressing my posts, but if you are please note that I was advising on things that can work. I certainly don't do them all. This is what I do:
1. Wash my face in the morning with gentle hydrating face wash. Rub in a moisturizer. Use a mascara wand to brush on serum on my eyebrows. I apply sunscreen. Depending on my schedule for the day I might put on tinted moisturizer and mascara, blush, lip gloss. I reapply sunscreen during the day.
2. At night I wipe off the makeup with micellar water, then wash my face with the gentle face wash. Rub in moisturizer. Add on retinaldhyde cream. Put moisturizer on top. Once a week I skip the retinaldhyde and rub in a glycolic acid cream instead.
3. Every 6 months I go to a cosmetic dermatologist for botox and filler
4. If I have an important to me simcha I may get eyelash extensions. If it's my own simcha, I may also get a facial.
5. I eat healthy and take collagen suppliments.
6. I am considering getting an at home device that you use for 5 minutes a day. But it costs $300 so have not taken the plunge yet.
7. Will get taping on my neck for sure for my next simcha when I get my make up done.
8. Once or twice a year I will die my hair if I am not too lazy.
I don't think this is a lot of work at all. The botox and filler is a lot of money. The skincare is not. I think I look beautiful FOR MY age. I do not look 30. But I look pretty. When I was 30 I looked pretty for a 30 year old. Now I look nice for a 54 year old. I feel good and happy about my age BH. Perhaps if I did not put in the effort that I do I may not feel that way. As long as I enjoy it, I hope not to find out!

amother
Watermelon

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 11:39 pm
amother Cobalt wrote:
I don't know if you are addressing my posts, but if you are please note that I was advising on things that can work. I certainly don't do them all. This is what I do:
1. Wash my face in the morning with gentle hydrating face wash. Rub in a moisturizer. Use a mascara wand to brush on serum on my eyebrows. I apply sunscreen. Depending on my schedule for the day I might put on tinted moisturizer and mascara, blush, lip gloss. I reapply sunscreen during the day.
2. At night I wipe off the makeup with micellar water, then wash my face with the gentle face wash. Rub in moisturizer. Add on retinaldhyde cream. Put moisturizer on top. Once a week I skip the retinaldhyde and rub in a glycolic acid cream instead.
3. Every 6 months I go to a cosmetic dermatologist for botox and filler
4. If I have an important to me simcha I may get eyelash extensions. If it's my own simcha, I may also get a facial.
5. I eat healthy and take collagen suppliments.
6. I am considering getting an at home device that you use for 5 minutes a day. But it costs $300 so have not taken the plunge yet.
7. Will get taping on my neck for sure for my next simcha when I get my make up done.
8. Once or twice a year I will die my hair if I am not too lazy.
I don't think this is a lot of work at all. The botox and filler is a lot of money. The skincare is not. I think I look beautiful FOR MY age. I do not look 30. But I look pretty. When I was 30 I looked pretty for a 30 year old. Now I look nice for a 54 year old. I feel good and happy about my age BH. Perhaps if I did not put in the effort that I do I many not feel that way. As long as I enjoy it, I hope not to find out!

Totally not addressing your posts. I only read the first couple of pages.

Nothing wrong with wanting to look beautiful.

I think it becomes sad when we can't come to terms with what it means to age. It's like we can't accept ourselves. I always though of getting older as becoming more confident with who we are, appreciating our inner qualities. It seems like we may have lost that.

mommyofgirls

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 11:42 pm
IMO natural aging is always more youthful and prettier.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 11:54 pm
amother Watermelon wrote:
Totally not. I only read the first couple of pages.

Nothing wrong with wanting to look beautiful. I think it becomes sad when we can't come to terms with what it means to age. It's like we can't accept ourselves. I always though of getting older as becoming more confident with who we are, appreciating our inner qualities. It seems like we may have lost that.

I hear that. But I think these are separate issues. I don't think aging means you have to look bad. I think just like someone young puts on makeup to look better, someone older can make their own reasonable effort to look better too. And while I am confident in myself, what I think many of us getting older find difficult is the feeling of irrelevancy that can be subtly foisted upon us. That is personally what I have found a little challenging, not my wrinkles. I appreciate my inner qualities. But inner qualities are not always appreciated. It is not so bad in our frum world BH but it is still there none the less. I prefer to associate with spiritual and growing women. We appreciate each other!

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 11:56 pm
mommyofgirls wrote:
IMO natural aging is always more youthful and prettier.

As a 54 year old woman with many peers who do and do not make anti-aging efforts I will respectfully disagree whole heartedly.

amother
Lightgray

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 12:18 am
Hi. I’m 50’s and get complimented a lot on my skin - but it’s genetic - my mother in her 90’s kah and doesn’t have wrinkles! I’m also fuller than I would like to be to it plumps out everything lol.
A few things I do - good moisturizer - I use products from Dead Sea or blue mercury store - and serum at night
And get a facial three times a year with dermaplaning - it removes all the peach fuzz so makeup looks and stays much better! This makes so much of a difference!!!

heidi

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 1:12 am
amother OP wrote:
Early forties is very young.
You don’t need Botox at that age.
I looked fabulous then. I’m 57

My sister's community friends are all doing Botox fillers and ozempic. They look amazing but most haven't hit 50 yet. Not sure how it will play out in 10 years.

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 1:46 am
heidi wrote:
My sister's community friends are all doing Botox fillers and ozempic. They look amazing but most haven't hit 50 yet. Not sure how it will play out in 10 years.

Very insightful points. The ozempic, not sure we need 10 years, already know if they stop they gain it all back + some, side effects of long term use are well established.

Botox & fillers, not sure, never seen lots of long term use up close, my friend has been doing some for about 5 years now, but it doesn't say side effects or how it plays out when slight use doesn't cut it anymore.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 2:24 am
amother OP wrote:
Early forties is very young.
You don’t need Botox at that age.
I looked fabulous then. I’m 57

That’s actually the secret to not sagging and it not looking fake- starting young and doing very subtle work.

I started doing minimal Botox once a year and I’m in my 30s.

amother
Begonia

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 4:18 am
amother OP wrote:
I recently lost weight. (Not Ozempic thank you very much😉). But although I look good in the body , my face doesn’t look youthful
Anymore. I know I should be grateful that I am healthy. & I really am. But sometimes these simchos are reminders of my age.
& how I look.
I feel dumb even complaining….

Try face yoga to gently lift your facial features without invasive methods.

seeker

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 8:20 am
Harking back to page 1 when the answers still included "excellent foundation," anyone know which foundations give a beautiful, natural look?

I don't think it's all that other stuff because the young people are also looking beautiful on top of just young. Feels like the frum world has some great makeup artists? I tried going to a makeup artist once and kind of struck out so it would be great to know what other people are using.

Librarian

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 8:28 am
Armani Luminous Silk Foundation is the holy grail for mature skin. I use it with Clarins Beauty Balm Flash as a primer and it looks beautiful. For every day wear I use Armani neo nude it's like a tinted moisturizer. I like it for the color match to my skin. Otherwise, there are probably better tinted moisturizes with SPF included.

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 8:33 am
amother Cobalt wrote:
It depends on what you call looking great. If you are in your mid fifties and want to really look great like the OP posted, good genes is not enough. I had a consultation with a top plastic surgeon. He told me I won the genetics lottery. This is true. But I still get subtle fillers, very very subtle botox (you can see my "elevens"). I had in office radiofrequency treatment excelis which helps to tighten the skin but it does not last too long and another laser treatment for brown and red spots. I am on HRT (not for vanity) which is a HUGE component to aging well. Menopause is a bear. I take collagen and fish oil supplements. I eat green leafy vegetables, avocado and nuts. I use sunscreen all day, every day, even in the winter, even indoors. I use a retinaldhyde which is a lighter form of retin A but stronger than retinol. I moisturize. I double cleanse. No physical exfoliation, only chemical. I wear a very light tinted glowy foundation with a good primer if I wear makeup at all and I lightly powder as needed so my pores and wrinkles are not amplified by the shine. If I have an important occasion I will get lash extensions done. I may get a "lifting" facial. Very light on the eye makeup. I only wear eyeliner on my top eyelid if at all, in the outer corners, making sure to go UP above the lash line. Light to medium lip color never dark. I do intermittent fasting so I am very thin. I dress young but not teenagery. It's a tough balance but I am very picky with my clothes I think it makes a big difference. I wear a lace top wig but the hairline is filled in and has a little bit of height. I will do crest white strips as needed. I SMILE.
You may think I spend my whole life on my physical body but you would be quite mistaken. A trip to the cosmetic dermatologist 2-3 times a year. Lashes maybe 4 times a year unless it is for my own simcha. Facial 2 -3 times a year at most. My skincare routine takes a few minutes at night and in the morning. I only recently started getting manicures every 2 weeks. But all this costs MONEY. I work very hard for many years in a very difficult job. At this point in my life I spend some of that money on myself.

Wow. Why is it so important to you to look young?

Matisse

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 8:41 am
We are OOT, too. I am in my mid 50's and have been told I have a youthful look - I have a fuller face so I don't have a thin, wrinkled look, BH. It's so funny, I was not so happy about this when I was younger (the sunken cheek look was in), but now I love it! But that is just genetics. I do think that having a relationship with a good sheitel macher makes a big difference. Getting the right cut and color can make you feel more like yourself - only better. IYH, our son is getting married this Sunday in Lakewood. I'll see then what the "in towners" are doing:)
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries