Home
Log in / Sign Up
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
How long does it take a cantaloupe to ripen?



Post new topic   Reply to topic View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother
OP


 

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 1:16 pm
I bought for shabbos and it’s rock hard
Will it be ready by then?
Back to top

amother
OP


 

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 9:15 pm
bump
Back to top

amother
Petunia


 

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 9:28 pm
amother OP wrote:
I bought for shabbos and it’s rock hard
Will it be ready by then?


Only chance is if you put it in a sealed brown paper bag. I've had one on my counter for the past 5 days and it is almost ready to cut.
Back to top

amother
Dill


 

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 12:08 am
amother Petunia wrote:
Only chance is if you put it in a sealed brown paper bag. I've had one on my counter for the past 5 days and it is almost ready to cut.

How can you tell when it's ripe?
Back to top

amother
Petunia


 

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 9:57 am
There should be some give - especially at the side opposite where the stem was (called the blossom, I think.)
Back to top

amother
Dill


 

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 10:20 am
amother Petunia wrote:
There should be some give - especially at the side opposite where the stem was (called the blossom, I think.)

Thank you!
Back to top
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics




Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping

Related Topics Replies Last Post
How long does potato kugel last in the frig?
by amother
3 Wed, Apr 17 2024, 11:41 am View last post
Almost 3 year old boy long sleeve Shabbos
by amother
3 Mon, Apr 15 2024, 10:58 am View last post
How long should self clean cycle be?
by amother
7 Sun, Apr 14 2024, 12:56 pm View last post
How and how long does it take to kasher your kitchen sink
by amother
24 Fri, Apr 12 2024, 1:02 am View last post
2 day long lasting coverup and foundation or tips
by amother
22 Thu, Apr 11 2024, 10:48 pm View last post