Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Are you going to make a pesadik shabbos hagadol this year?
Previous  1  2

Are you going to make a pesadik shabbos this year?
Yes  
 50%  [ 65 ]
No  
 23%  [ 30 ]
Will decide after purim  
 23%  [ 30 ]
Other  
 2%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 128

salt

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 7:19 am
amother Papaya wrote:
Do you think the answers to this will be different depending if in EY or CL?

I'm in Israel, definitely easier with 1 day and not 2.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 8:45 am
My general rule of thumb is if erev pesach is either Shabbos or in the first half of the week, we turn over before Shabbos hagadol. If it's in the latter half of the week, we turn over after.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 8:50 am
amother Seashell wrote:
Don’t you need 24 hours after you use the oven and sink to kasher them?
Shabbos is more than 24 hours. No one is using the oven then

Hashem_Yaazor  

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 9:12 am
salt wrote:
I think we'll do the same. Make sure everything is clean before shabbat.
Hopefully get to the end of shabbat with little to no leftovers, wash everything up (or use more disposables to make things easier and quicker) and turn over motzei shabbat or Sunday morning.

I wouldn't spend more than 2 days cooking for seder night and 1st day anyway.

If I turned over M"S, I'd spend half of Sunday setting up my kitchen before I could start cooking... Plus it's bedikas chometz that night...

Most meals I'm cooking for around 20 people. I need able 2 days of cooking to get me through the beginning of Pesach between eggs and kneidlach and proteins and sides and desserts. I work slower when I'm not used to knowing where every item is. During the year I can use muscle memory to cook.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 9:42 am
I dont have a pesach kitchen, but I do BH have a side room that we lock for Pesach. I will cook chametz Shabbos on Tuesday or Wednesday and put it in the freezer, and then turn over Wednesday night or Thursday night. Will have chametz hotplate in the chametz room and warm up chametz Shabbos food there, and we'll eat there. We do not use any processed foods on Pesach, and although my Pesach food is pretty good, we don't want it for an extra Shabbos.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 9:51 am
amother Papaya wrote:
Do you think the answers to this will be different depending if in EY or CL?

Yes, of course.
Im in Israel. I need to make food for the seder and the day meal. We are with family and everyone makes something. But saturday night is more than enough time.

teachkids

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 9:54 am
Our shul offers catered Shabbos hagadol meals. It’s so nice. You don’t have to worry about cooking plus it a chance to hang with friends with all the craziness.

tweety1

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 9:56 am
I have a pesach kitchen and I'm doing a pesach shabbos hagadal anyway. With little around kids around its very hard otherwise

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 9:58 am
Daughters and DIL, if you're on here, you're coming to us for yt, we need an invitation for shabbos hagadol.

essie14

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 10:13 am
amother Mauve wrote:
Daughters and DIL, if you're on here, you're coming to us for yt, we need an invitation for shabbos hagadol.

What about the opposite?
I'm hosting my in laws for Pesach but they aren't inviting me for shabbat hagadol.

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 10:14 am
I'm in EY. I plan to be done eating chametz (except challah) but won't actually turn over the kitchen until Sunday.

B'Syata D'Shmya  

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 11:09 am
amother OP wrote:
Being that pesach is Monday night this year. We usually turn over motzei shabbos but no time for cooking then.

This is for those who DON'T have a pesach kitchen

TOOO much pressure for me, we do kitniyos sides (string beans, corn, peas, kitniyos cookies etc. ) and pita rather than challah (too reduce the crumb effect) which we eat over a plastic super-carefully. But the soup, chicken etc are all pesachdike.

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 11:10 am
teachkids wrote:
Our shul offers catered Shabbos hagadol meals. It’s so nice. You don’t have to worry about cooking plus it a chance to hang with friends with all the craziness.

this is an amazing idea.

amother
Melon

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 1:09 pm
I don't have a pesach kitchen, but I have an extra sink. I'll probably make regular cholent and buy challah, use mostly disposables. Other than challah and cholent, we don't really eat much chometz on a regular Shabbos.

Potato kugel and chicken I can make as usual if my kitchen is turned over already.

galpal

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 1:15 pm
Not sure yet, don’t want to think about it!

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 4:54 pm
The week before I make everything double and freeze. The only thing that must be made fresh is fish, and that I either make Pesach'dig or buy. I warm everything up in disposable pans on a hot plate set up in the playroom, and we eat there.

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 5:59 pm
amother Geranium wrote:
No.
Sink has to be no hot water (Yad soledes bo) for 24 hours. Oven self clean whenever and it’s done.

According to our Rav, lechatchila you clean the sink then wait 24 hours befroe kashering. OU says the same. We cover it so no one forgets.
https://oukosher.org/passover/.....over/

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 8:18 pm
Clean cold water doesn't reset the 24 hours

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 8:23 pm
I’m away this year but yes I’d do a completely pesach Shabbos and eat challah or pita outside
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics