Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Things you used to do that make you scratch your head now
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 1:13 pm
amother Yellow wrote:
Used to style my hair for an hour 3-4 x weekly with a blow dryer instead of keeping my natural wavy cute hair.

Yes!! I have the cutest curly hair and instead of moussing it and wearing it in its natural state I ironed it and burned it.

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 1:29 pm
amother Topaz wrote:
Did you just read what the amother above you wrote?

Not the best idea but you do you in YOUR house.

Also, I am never in need of more than tp! What get's so messy?

Where do you put your pads/tampons ? Can't Believe It

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 1:40 pm
amother Wine wrote:
Flushable wipes. I feel so much cleaner. Goes down the toilet bowl. Don’t even keep garbage cans in bathrooms.

Question: Where are your female guests supposed to throw their used sanitary tampons and pads if you don't have a garbage can? Or do you prefer them to hand it over to you? (wrapped in TP)
Garbage can with lid is a must IMHO. What do you do with empty tooth paste tubes and other packaging? You flush that too?

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 1:42 pm
amother Wheat wrote:
We also only use TP!

To change the subject...I took forever to make food for shabbos when newly married. I cooked a bit every day and still ended up with dirty dishes in the sink when shabbos came in. Now I leave everything until Friday, with bH a nice sized family, and dishes are always done in time! I just don't get what was keeping me so busy!

Practice makes perfect, right? Smile

amother
Navyblue

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 1:47 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Question: Where are your female guests supposed to throw their used sanitary tampons and pads if you don't have a garbage can? Or do you prefer them to hand it over to you? (wrapped in TP)
Garbage can with lid is a must IMHO. What do you do with empty tooth paste tubes and other packaging? You flush that too?

Umm when I'm a guest at someone else's house, I bring along extra bags to store my used pads and take them home with me to throw out in my garbage.
I don't leave them for my hostess to throw away for me.

amother
Clear

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 1:52 pm
I only use wipes, flushable. Been using for my whole life and never had any issues with it blocking the plumbing system. I'm from Europe and I did notice in NY the wipes were stronger so I guess more likely to block.
If I'm not home I use toilet paper and don't feel clean at all. And I find it very uncomfortable.
If I'm not home and have wipes with me I'll use minimal amount and some tp as I am still nervous to block someone else's system.

amother
Blushpink

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 1:54 pm
At home, why not use a bidet instead of wipes?

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 1:55 pm
amother OP wrote:
They go into the garbage can that's in every toilet. And then gets emptied out.

I find that so gross. Please don’t leave feces in your garbage csn for even a hour that’s very serious germs.

amother
Poinsettia

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 1:55 pm
amother Navyblue wrote:
Umm when I'm a guest at someone else's house, I bring along extra bags to store my used pads and take them home with me to throw out in my garbage.
I don't leave them for my hostess to throw away for me.

scratching head here. Do you not put anything in anyone else's garbage cans? Why is pads different?
You're not giving her something to throw out for you. It's assumed that if she has a garbage can she was planning on emptying it.
I don't need my guests keeping their full pads/tampons sitting in my guest room for 24 hours. Way worse than wrapping it discretely and putting in my lined bathroom garbage can.

amother
Diamond

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 2:16 pm
amother Poinsettia wrote:
Sorry gross to leave it in the bathroom even a minute. I am with the tp crowd. Wipes in this house are used for babies diaper cleaning. I never heard of adults using them.

How does toilet paper get it clean? Sorry if tmi

amother
Bergamot

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 3:28 pm
amother Diamond wrote:
How does toilet paper get it clean? Sorry if tmi

That's literally what it is made for. You wipe your bottom, bottom is clean.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 5:04 pm
I have these in each of my 3 bathrooms.
They get emptied twice a week.
No odor has ever escaped, seems like it’s sealed well. We keep toilet paper AND wipes in every bathroom, people are free to use the one of their choosing.

https://www.amazon.com/BINO-St.....r=8-3
https://www.amazon.com/Small-T.....=8-25

TCR

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 10:45 pm
amother Wine wrote:
Flushable wipes. I feel so much cleaner. Goes down the toilet bowl. Don’t even keep garbage cans in bathrooms.

plumber told us that even if it says flushable, it can still clog the pipes

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 10:55 pm
amother Turquoise wrote:
Same. Honestly, people need to check themselves out, Wipes should not be of need for healthy BM

No idea why I just turned into a toilet thread, but lucky that you do not deal with hemorrhoids. It’s a special kind of hell that I got from pregnancy and stayed for always. I have a bidet at home and wet tissues when I’m on the go. Bh bh have a healthy system otherwise, because if I ever have an upset stomach things get so so much worse.

amother
PlumPink

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 11:01 pm
I’m hoping this doesn’t gross people out but after you wipe with toilet paper, wipe your finger across the back (after all it should be clean) and smell your finger. It most likely smells like your bm because it not all getting cleaned up.
If I don’t have wipes available I always wet some toilet paper to do a proper cleanup, otherwise I feel gross

amother
Blueberry

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 11:08 pm
amother PlumPink wrote:
I’m hoping this doesn’t gross people out but after you wipe with toilet paper, wipe your finger across the back (after all it should be clean) and smell your finger. It most likely smells like your bm because it not all getting cleaned up.
If I don’t have wipes available I always wet some toilet paper to do a proper cleanup, otherwise I feel gross

Actually this did gross me out.. adults discussing how to clean their bm.. ewe🤮🤮

amother
PlumPink

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 11:18 pm
amother Blueberry wrote:
Actually this did gross me out.. adults discussing how to clean their bm.. ewe🤮🤮

So glad you joined a discussion even though it grossed you out instead of continuing to scroll!

amother
Vanilla

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 11:24 pm
it is quite nauesating to leave dirty wipes in a garbage can in the bathroom.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 11:29 pm
I am team wipes!

amother
Canary

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 11:30 pm
We never had shredded cheese growing up. Didn't even know it was a thing! Always had a brick in the fridge that had to be grated.
Yes, it was fresher tasting, but no way would that work for me now. It's an extra step I'd rather remove.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics