Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Cutest costume award 2024
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

funkyfrummom

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 1:57 pm
I did not see in person, but was shown a photo of two boys in EY... each dressed in a split down the middle costume - one side was an IDF soldier and the other side was a Torah scholar...beautiful!!!!

amother
Iris

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 1:57 pm
amother Watermelon wrote:
I also think that halachically there's an issue (of a man dressing as a female).

Theres a debate in halacha if it's allowed for purim. Lots of opinions say it is.

funkyfrummom

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 2:07 pm
Judging favorably, I am sure the fellow pictured asked his rav and was told the costume was permitted.

(Since the faces of the couple are visible in the photo that was uploaded, it seems wrong to debate here on imamother whether this was allowable. Someone may know the couple and this could cause embarrassment to one or both of them. It is really not our business.)

amother
Crocus

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 3:09 pm
I saw a boy dressed as an arab merchant, part I loved was that he had 3 trays of eggs balanced on his head! (I think they were attached to his turban, but it was such a cute costume).

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 3:25 pm
I saw a family of 4 dressed up as crayon, glue, notebook and calculator.
British theme with Queen Elizabeth, a soldier, a tea bag.
I saw some birds. Their mm was in a paper/wooden bird nest thing, and they has fake eggs filled with treats

smss

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 4:18 pm
Boca00 wrote:
Family of 2 little boys and a baby girl were Yossi and Leibel and their baby sister!
The parents and kids had tags all over their clothes and the baby had a bonnet. Their car had a big yellow tag that said "Father"!
They gave out crackers, peanut butter and jelly, applesauce and a broken red candy stick.
It was amazing.

Omggg love that so much!!

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 4:23 pm
We thought of dressing up as the Kichels, but we don't have enough girls in our family. Would be a cute theme though, and you could give out kichels in your mm.

amother
Firethorn

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 4:38 pm
I saw a family dressed up as a group of bikers (motorcycle riders.) It was so well done with all details.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 4:44 pm
Miss Ozempic wearing a skeleton costume.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 4:52 pm
My husband and I did that I was the Kohen Gadol and he was the Parah Adumah - was very funny and came out very cute

amother
Outerspace

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 5:06 pm
funkyfrummom wrote:
I did not see in person, but was shown a photo of two boys in EY... each dressed in a split down the middle costume - one side was an IDF soldier and the other side was a Torah scholar...beautiful!!!!

Not so clear as it’s a still from a video

seeker

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 6:05 pm
Boca00 wrote:
Family of 2 little boys and a baby girl were Yossi and Leibel and their baby sister!
The parents and kids had tags all over their clothes and the baby had a bonnet. Their car had a big yellow tag that said "Father"!
They gave out crackers, peanut butter and jelly, applesauce and a broken red candy stick.
It was amazing.

I need to keep reading the thread but I have a feeling this is going to win the prize for most creative.

amother
Springgreen

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 6:11 pm
Excuse my ignorance but who are Yossi and Laibel?

amother
Outerspace

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 6:15 pm
amother Springgreen wrote:
Excuse my ignorance but who are Yossi and Laibel?

amother
Buttercup

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 6:19 pm
One family dressed as piñatas and gave a small piñata similar to this but she made it herself
https://www.halloweencostumes......D_BwE

But she said it was too much work

Other years they were mad scientists and zoo keepers/safari

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 6:27 pm
Family whose five kids were monkeys and the father was a doctor (because "mama called the doctor and the doctor said...").
They gave out monkey bread and gummy bananas.

amother
Springgreen

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 7:14 pm
amother Outerspace wrote:

Is this series really so popular? Just wondering why posters are claiming this is the winning one.

amother
Outerspace

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 7:16 pm
amother Springgreen wrote:
Is this series really so popular? Just wondering why posters are claiming this is the winning one.

It’s an old classic book. There are a few more books with these 2 boys. Very popular and teaches great lessons.

momallhours

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 8:44 pm
seeker wrote:
I need to keep reading the thread but I have a feeling this is going to win the prize for most creative.

Second this! So creative!

amother
Sand

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 8:58 pm
I saw a family that were dressed up like mitzvah menchies to the last detail! e.g one girl was Surelle the girl in the green dress that holds a bowl of soup, so she was wearing the exact same style dress and hairband ( I think it was sewn!) and was holding a bowl...
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics