Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Which Mishloach Mosos was YOUR favorite?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Oldlace

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 3:22 pm
Favorite MM we got from two friends - one was homemade caraway seed rolls (yummmm), veg soup and the other was homemade poppy and raspberry hamantashen (my favorite flavors) and fruit.

My baby is BH home from a long hospital stay (since birth) and my house is flying and so yea, I feel I’m barely managing much of the time. For most of our MM we gave a donation in lieu of food—an e-card from Chai Lifeline—or through a local school that does a MM fundraiser. BH I managed to make a hearty vegetable soup to give warm to anyone who came to bring MM so they could have a filling snack as they ran around all day—so often people don’t get to eat real food all day until their seuda—so I wanted to give people something they could eat. Gave it with small packs of melba toast and a clementine. Didn’t have time to label more than a few bags with our name.

The “theme” was that people should have a “souper” Purim lol

lamplighter

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 4:07 pm
I got almost 40 MM and not a single one was real food. Go figure Smile

amother
Daffodil

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 4:22 pm
Another No Theme person here! To me, most of the themed MM scream High school. I find them a bit juvenile. But to each their own. Most of my people don't do themes but classy and yummy.
The best I got was mazza. Ate it right away.

mom4many

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 4:36 pm
I was blown away by a MM I got this year from an environmentalist friend:

Home grown & pickled olives in a real cup
Home grown pickled mini lemons
Home grown, herb salt mix in a real salt shaker
Homemade healthy hamentaschen
All in a paper bag (of course)

To me homemade foods are really nice - but foods prepared from what’s grown in your garden is an entirely different level.

And the real dishes were toiveled of course too.

Bleemee

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 4:47 pm
For those of you who got soup, how does that work? How do you get it and is it warm or meant to be warmed up at home?

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 5:05 pm
got a melty chocolatey brownie with a milkshake ... LOVED it, haven't had a dairy ice cream milkshake in years yummy

Tao

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 6:19 pm
amother Daffodil wrote:
Another No Theme person here! To me, most of the themed MM scream High school. I find them a bit juvenile. But to each their own. Most of my people don't do themes but classy and yummy.
The best I got was mazza. Ate it right away.

Just curious why this is considered less judgy on imamother than the theme people who are anti-themeless? Laugh

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 8:58 pm
amother Mint wrote:
I got a bunch of no theme MM. just 2 or 3 items in a box/container mostly baked goods. I wish my family was more exciting Smile
I told dh these MM scream "im not managing but I had to give mm..."

The mitzvah is to give 2 items to one person. Let's not turn a mitzvah into what society decided means you're managing or not managing. I personally have real issues with the amount of money and time being put into ONE day. I have issues with the amount of food that gets thrown out from this one day. We completely lost sight of what the day is all about.

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 11:07 pm
I think the iced coffee are nice, the good chocolate, jerky & wines. Home baked goods from the people you know well. Anything with those. Its also fun when the presentation is awesome.

salt

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 3:10 am
Thank you to the person who gave us a packet of dried mango!
I LOVE dried fruit.
I can eat it, it's sweet and sticky and chewy, and I can trick myself into thinking I'm eating something healthy, because after all, it's fruit LOL
I ate the whole packet over the course of Purim.

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 5:35 am
Parev Cholent - made a delicious snack
Homemade sourdough with delicious dips had it next morning for breakfast

hitherefriend

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 5:44 am
cut up and veggies and dip was my fave!

amother
Bellflower

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 5:47 am
A single muffin, tastefully wrapped in a pretty envelope containing a generous Amazon voucher.

lovelylife

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 5:54 am
The vegetable platter.
Was great addition to the required post-hangover good and hearty breakfast

lovelylife

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 5:55 am
amother Scarlet wrote:
The mitzvah is to give 2 items to one person. Let's not turn a mitzvah into what society decided means you're managing or not managing. I personally have real issues with the amount of money and time being put into ONE day. I have issues with the amount of food that gets thrown out from this one day. We completely lost sight of what the day is all about.

Here in Israel, we had so many food drives for closed packages or leftovers the day after. Bh lots of things have been repurposed.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 7:46 am
salt wrote:
Thank you to the person who gave us a packet of dried mango!
I LOVE dried fruit.
I can eat it, it's sweet and sticky and chewy, and I can trick myself into thinking I'm eating something healthy, because after all, it's fruit LOL
I ate the whole packet over the course of Purim.

Dried mango doesn't usually have added sugar. Isn't it healthy?

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 8:13 am
Beautiful meat board which I served at seudah. Non perishables. Packaged items. . Anything home baked goes to my cleaning girl or garbage.

amother
Hosta

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 8:25 am
The best we got was homemade sorbet in four different colors with fresh diced fruit in each, beautifully presented in jars that were set up in a a small wooden crate. When I complimented the giver, she said, "Oh, it was so easy!" LOL

amother
Moccasin

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 9:03 am
A friend of our gave us a side of salmon. We ate it for lunch yesterday , supper yesterday and lunch today again and for tomorrow's lunch.

I made different sides and salads for each meal.

It was delicious!

amother
Butterscotch

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 9:13 am
The best: I got a sterns triangle cheesecake and Rosemarie chocolate

These are also amazing:

Green yogurt and trail mix

Biscotti and iced coffee

Bagel orange juice, little cream cheese (we had for breakfast)

Salad with croutons in a bag and dressing in a container

Cut up Veg and dressing

Pita chumas Israeli salad ( we had for lunch)

Fruit cup

Cinnamon bun and ice coffee

We got plenty of taffies chocolate nuts and theme ones.
Page 6 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics