Home
Log in / Sign Up
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Share your whoops moment



Post new topic   Reply to topic View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother
OP


 

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 5:59 am
Cool
Back to top

amother
Clematis


 

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 6:09 am
How about you start.
Back to top

amother
OP


 

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 6:19 am
Stepped in a puddle now have wet socks
Back to top

bigsis144




 
 
    
 

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 6:55 am
I was dropping off a meal train dinner for a family that just had a baby, and after I gave the food to the mom and said mazal tov, I mentioned that my daughter is in the same preschool class as hers.

Her: “oh that’s nice! I’ve definitely heard about [LittleDaughter144]!”

Me: “Yeah, LittleDaughter144 is very popular!”

Afterwards in my car I was kicking myself because that might have come across as bragging or obnoxious 🙈
Back to top

Bnei Berak 10




 
 
    
 

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 7:17 am
bigsis144 wrote:
I was dropping off a meal train dinner for a family that just had a baby, and after I gave the food to the mom and said mazal tov, I mentioned that my daughter is in the same preschool class as hers.

Her: “oh that’s nice! I’ve definitely heard about [LittleDaughter144]!”

Me: “Yeah, LittleDaughter144 is very popular!”

Afterwards in my car I was kicking myself because that might have come across as bragging or obnoxious 🙈

Not a catastrophy. Most mothers are proud of their kids.
Back to top

amother
Puce


 

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 7:40 am
I went over to a friend to return a bag of things long overdue, and her and kids were getting ready to go to a park. Was with my kids, they got so jealous and it took me along time to calm them down. Definitely a whoops moment.
Back to top

Queen Of Hearts




 
 
    
 

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 7:43 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Not a catastrophy. Most mothers are proud of their kids.


And the ones who brag come across very obnoxious.
Keep your pride in your kids to yourself or share it with your parents and in laws.
Back to top

bigsis144




 
 
    
 

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 7:47 am
Queen Of Hearts wrote:
And the ones who brag come across very obnoxious.
Keep your pride in your kids to yourself or share it with your parents and in laws.


Yup, overall, as a one-time foot-in-mouth comment it was relatively harmless, like lol my kids have better social lives than me and it’s cute to hear them talk about it, but I don’t wanna make a habit of it
Back to top

Queen Of Hearts




 
 
    
 

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 7:49 am
bigsis144 wrote:
Yup, overall, as a one-time foot-in-mouth comment it was relatively harmless, like lol my kids have better social lives than me and it’s cute to hear them talk about it, but I don’t wanna make a habit of it


I would feel that whoops feeling too.
I can't even brag anonymously on here.
Back to top

amother
Chartreuse


 

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 7:59 am
I was very newly postpartum and completely brain fogged from lack of sleep.

Took dd to the bus stop and bumped (not literally) into a neighbor who I know vaguely but not well. She tells me mazal tov, then says, I get a mazal tov too, I just married off last night. I said wow, mazal tov, your first daughter, that must have been major! She said, actually it's my son who got married. In my sleep deprived state all I could respond is, wow, that's so nice, marrying off a girl is really a big deal. She laughed and told me to go back to bed.
Back to top

amother
OP


 

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 4:30 pm
My shopping wagon bumped into an older man's legthe store the other day. I felt so bad he was in so much pain. A real whoops
Back to top

amother
DarkViolet


 

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 4:33 pm
Waving at someone whilst I was driving then I hit the curb. Learnt not to do that whilst driving ever again!!
Back to top

amother
Snowflake


 

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 4:52 pm
I greeted an old friend with an enthusiastic ‘mazel tov, when did you get married?’ She responded ‘January 16 and divorced February 16’. Whoops Can't Believe It
Back to top

amother
Salmon


 

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 5:38 pm
I commented to someone's wig on purim, told her it suits her and asked if its special for purim, right... ? ouch... turned out she changed her style permanently, no purim. I was embarrassed, whoops!
Back to top

amother
Skyblue


 

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 5:41 pm
amother OP wrote:
Cool


called a seminary weird when my friend had just told me her sister is going there 😭
Back to top

amother
Chicory


 

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 4:37 pm
I just spent a fortune on a new shaitel. A few thousand dollars… I never spent so much. I thought it was something extra special. I was wearing it the first day I got it and my husband who didn’t know that I picked it up and that I was wearing it- asked me when I’m getting my new shaitel.
Later my teenage daughter said something like- Ma, I thought you’re getting a new shaitel.
So much for my new wig 😐
Back to top

amother
DarkViolet


 

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 2:31 am
amother Chicory wrote:
I just spent a fortune on a new shaitel. A few thousand dollars… I never spent so much. I thought it was something extra special. I was wearing it the first day I got it and my husband who didn’t know that I picked it up and that was wearing it- asked me when I’m getting my new shaitel.
Later my teenage daughter said something like- Ma, I thought you’re getting a new shaitel.
So much for my new wig 😐

Probably cus it's suits you that well that they didn't think any different!!
Back to top
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics




Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Why do some people not share workers?
by amother
62 Thu, May 16 2024, 6:06 pm View last post
Find your cousin! Do we share an ancestor?
by amother
703 Thu, May 09 2024, 11:08 pm View last post
Bedtime for 5 and 9 year old who share a room
by amother
7 Mon, May 06 2024, 8:09 pm View last post
Please share your most well read baby/ toddlers books
by amother
27 Mon, May 06 2024, 6:13 am View last post
That awkward moment when...share yours
by amother
2 Thu, May 02 2024, 9:35 pm View last post