pause

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 6:13 pm
Ruchel wrote:
DH parsley me used to be parsley or celery

It's you again!!! Hi, there!!!! Great to see ya around! Hi

amother
Coral

Post Sat, Apr 06 2024, 5:02 pm
I also came on to post about banana! We come from the same place Smile As I recall, it was so everyone would know the bracha of the banana. But I never tried it, always thought it would be strange, I wonder how many people in the community actually did it, I was sure it was just the rav and family!

Growing up, we did parsley and potato, because each of my parents grew up with one of them. Coincidentally, my husband had the same growing up because each of his parents grew up with one of them too.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sat, Apr 06 2024, 5:41 pm
Radish
Also option of cucumber or potato but most people I know use radishes.
(UK based)

Major is horseradish and whichever sharp tasting lettuce is around. Option of grated or slices of horseradish.

singleagain

Post Sat, Apr 06 2024, 8:29 pm
amother Coral wrote:
I also came on to post about banana! We come from the same place Smile As I recall, it was so everyone would know the bracha of the banana. But I never tried it, always thought it would be strange, I wonder how many people in the community actually did it, I was sure it was just the rav and family!

Growing up, we did parsley and potato, because each of my parents grew up with one of them. Coincidentally, my husband had the same growing up because each of his parents grew up with one of them too.

I think my father adopted it bc the Rav did it. It's actually super sweet and delicious 😋. It could have been a two folks reason. I always remember hearing to prove banana is hadama but then recently my father said it was too get the kids to ask questions like a million other Seder traditions

NotInNJMommy

Post Sat, Apr 06 2024, 8:34 pm
Cooked potato or raw onion…which means raw onion because I don’t want to cook one more thing lol

amother
  Periwinkle

Post Sat, Apr 06 2024, 8:38 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:
Cooked potato or raw onion…which means raw onion because I don’t want to cook one more thing lol

Same.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics