Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Hand matzah that's not too fragile

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 7:44 pm
With the current price of hand matzah, I want to maximize the possibility of getting as many shlemos as possible. What brand is "sturdiest?"

giftedmom

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 7:47 pm
Usually the thicker ones are sturdier but also harder to chew

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 7:55 pm
giftedmom wrote:
Usually the thicker ones are sturdier but also harder to chew

I know. But I can barely afford what I need and can't afford boxes of pieces. And we have ba"h decent teeth.

amother
Fern

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 8:03 pm
Unfortunately there is no guarantee. I buy the cheapest thickest brand. Two years ago out of 10 boxes we barely had 6 whole ones...enough for the Sedarim. But last year there were more wholes. Unfortunately no way to know till u open.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 8:14 pm
amother OP wrote:
With the current price of hand matzah, I want to maximize the possibility of getting as many shlemos as possible. What brand is "sturdiest?"

I've found Satmar matzah to be the thickest out of all of them. And some years we've gotten a bunch of shlemos

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 8:15 pm
amother Silver wrote:
I've found Satmar matzah to be the thickest out of all of them. And some years we've gotten a bunch of shlemos

Thank you !!

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 8:18 pm
amother Silver wrote:

It's probably also very expensive.
OP, Costco has matzah for 16.99 per lb.

Ruchi

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 8:28 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you !!

There are more than 2 Satmar Matzo Bakeries. You didn't specify which one.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 8:37 pm
Ruchi wrote:
There are more than 2 Satmar Matzo Bakeries. You didn't specify which one.

Who knew? Anyone know which one is preferable?

amother
Buttercup

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 8:42 pm
Boro park matzah bakery is quite thick

amother
Acacia

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 9:55 pm
Boxes of Manischewitz Handmade Round Shmura Matzo always come with 6 wholes and a broken piece to make up the 1 pound. The matzos don't break because in the box, they are all contained in paper in a tight plastic bag.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 10:00 pm
amother OP wrote:

Monsey Matzah Bakery has the thickest (so they're not broken) yet easy to chew matzah. I think they deliver anywhere. Definitely thicker than both Satmars that my family used in the past.

gingleale

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 10:04 pm
Bingo was advertising 5 lb of hand shmurah for 6.99 if you need something super affordable. You can probably buy 2 boxes for that price and have enough shleimos.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 11:57 pm
gingleale wrote:
Bingo was advertising 5 lb of hand shmurah for 6.99 if you need something super affordable. You can probably buy 2 boxes for that price and have enough shleimos.

Are you sure this price was for hand matzah? The cheapest I saw there for hand shmurah was $8.99/lb which is still an amazing price.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 11:58 pm
amother Ghostwhite wrote:
Are you sure this price was for hand matzah? The cheapest I saw there for hand shmurah was $8.99/lb which is still an amazing price.

I just cked the ad. The 5lbatzah is not the shmurah one. It's labeled as Jerusalem matzah-prob the square.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics