Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Find Your Cousins For the ordinary folk
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

amother
Black

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 9:28 pm
amother Babypink wrote:
There is a belief in my family that we are somehow related to the Weinstocks. So far though I haven't been able to figure out how. They were originally from Hungary.

Interesting! My great grandmother was weinstock. I don’t know who her parents were, but I think they lived in yaffo.
Edit: her parents were Dovid and Yona or Tova weinstock, from yaffo. Their daughter married an Eisenman, from the old city.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 9:47 pm
amother Firethorn wrote:
Any Astrachan/Astrichan (however your family spells the name) family members here?

Yes! I’m an Astrakhan/Astrachan descendent. Is there a way we can connect? I don’t want to list my username, as it would give away my identity as Astrakhan is such an uncommon name. Now I’m curious if we have talked before & have shared family history. I can make a temporary email address if you’d like to reach out to me. I have been able to document my direct Astrakhan family line to Belarus to about 1800, but have been unable to connect to some other Astrakhan families I have info about.

amother
Ebony

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 10:12 pm
chili-n-cholent wrote:
Was he king of poland for one day? Then we are descended from him and I don't think we are so super chassidish honestly

My husband is from him, I think its part of the family tree to chacham tzvi

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 10:16 pm
emi1812 wrote:
My great grandfather was a Hoffman from Sighet (Romania)

My great grandfather was from Temishvar. (Also Romania)
He had 8 children they all survived the war except for one.

Is he the one you're talking about?

amother
Jasmine

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 10:33 pm
amother OP wrote:
Anyone else related to the Allswang/Neuberger/Fried families.
From near Riga and many moved to Chicago.

I'm friends with the Allswangs from Har Nof by way of Chicago.

mazal555

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 10:39 pm
There's a website for this it's called JewishGen

amother
Tulip

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 10:41 pm
amother Daffodil wrote:
Cyan, my friend Esther nemetsky is from that family. her mother Mrs ruth Neuberger aleha hashalom, was a Munk. Esther is from Midwood.

To the person who asked about Rimler- I taught with a wonderful Morah Tziporah Rimler at prospect park Yeshiva. She had daughters Tila, Soshi and Chni

Morah rimler taught me she’s a special lady

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 11:12 pm
To the Bergman, batei machse mishpacha, are you related to Puah Shteiner?
Forever My Jerusalem is one of my favorite books!

amother
Banana

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 11:30 pm
amother Forestgreen wrote:
Yes my maiden name is Altman.

My grandmother's maiden name was Altman, from a city right outside Warsaw. She immigrated to the US (with her mother, sister and maybe a brother), I think in 1918 or so. Pretty sure she had some family in the US before her.

emi1812

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 11:37 pm
amother Linen wrote:
My great grandfather was from Temishvar. (Also Romania)
He had 8 children they all survived the war except for one.

Is he the one you're talking about?

My great grandfather (Ahron Yitzchak Hoffman) was born and lived in Sighet, which is in the Transylvania area. It’s 6.5 hours away from Temishvar.

amother
Yarrow

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 11:39 pm
amother Cyan wrote:
I posted on the other thread but didn't get any replies. Where are my fellow Yekkes?

Any Gruenenbaum descendants? I remember a huge family reunion back when I was a kid with color coordinated name labels to keep track of who was descended from whom and a humongous family tree up on the wall.

Or any Jacobovitses? I'm descended from one of the 5 sons of R' Moshe Yehuda Jacobovits who made it out of Germany into France and came over to the US after the war. He and his wife, Chana (a Munk), lived in Washington Heights.

They aren't the only members of the Munk family married to Jakobovits. I'm related to the other one. (And the Jakobovits with a "c" and a "k" are related)

amother
Bluebell

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 11:42 pm
amother Obsidian wrote:
Any lok eineklach from London?

Not an einekel, but related.

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 11:44 pm
emi1812 wrote:
My great grandfather (Ahron Yitzchak Hoffman) was born and lived in Sighet, which is in the Transylvania area. It’s 6.5 hours away from Temishvar.

Yea I saw that distance.
I think if we would have been related I would have known.

As far as I know there are only Hopkowitz cousins.

amother
Eggplant

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 11:46 pm
amother Black wrote:
Interesting! My great grandmother was weinstock. I don’t know who her parents were, but I think they lived in yaffo.
Edit: her parents were Dovid and Yona or Tova weinstock, from yaffo. Their daughter married an Eisenman, from the old city.

My greatgreatgrandmother married weinstock from Hungary.

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 11:49 pm
amother Forestgreen wrote:
Yes my maiden name is Altman.

Related

amother
Magnolia

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 11:57 pm
Anyone from dembitzer family from Warsaw?

amother
DarkGray

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 12:03 am
amother Black wrote:
The only names I know from my family are Eisenman, weinstock, and Eitan :-(
How would we go about figuring out if we are related?

I have a great-great-grandparent who was Chaim Yekutiel Eisenman but the family was from Poland.
https://www.geni.com/people/Jo.....58250

It would be amazing if all these connections can be added in Geni.com so the family trees can grow.

amother
DarkGray

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 12:05 am
Anyone from the Dafner family? Unfortunately most died in the holocaust or had girls after the war so the name is almost non-existent. Would love to connect.

amother
Snowflake

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 12:08 am
rdmom wrote:
I know the green family from Romania. The great great grandfather was the shochet in Dezh. Any relation?

I’m related to the green family from Dezh

amother
Cyan

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 12:15 am
amother Yarrow wrote:
They aren't the only members of the Munk family married to Jakobovits. I'm related to the other one. (And the Jakobovits with a "c" and a "k" are related)

I guess we're very distant cousins then!

My mother has a Munk family tree hanging in her house, but I don't remember enough details. I do remember her telling me we are related to the Munks who ran a summer camp in the Catskills and we have some sefarim written by a Munk whose name is escaping me (maybe Eli-something?).
Page 6 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics