Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Find Your Cousins For the ordinary folk
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 4:50 pm
I know munitz of LA

I know Jakobovitses of multiple cities
I know Munks of multiple cities and how they're related to jakobovits

I know (from the other thread) wilhelm einiklach, shain einiklach...

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 4:52 pm
amother Lavender wrote:
Anyone has a family name that is super common and is feeling not so unique?? Cohen Schwartz and Friedman raise your hand 👋

My mother was a Freedman.

Descended from Elijah Bellum, who came to England in the early 1700s.

amother
Catmint

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 5:06 pm
Anyone related to Pulwer/Pulver from Lodz Poland? Bornstein was the maiden name of my great grandmother in Lodz. Part of the family came to Patterson NJ around 1920. They were in the textile industry.

amother
NeonGreen

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 5:11 pm
amother Lavender wrote:
Anyone has a family name that is super common and is feeling not so unique?? Cohen Schwartz and Friedman raise your hand 👋

Lol was just going to post if anyone from the Klein family is on here

amother
DarkCyan

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 5:51 pm
amother Currant wrote:
Are you looking to connect in real life?

I would love to! My grandmother Zul Zain Gezunt would love it if I do!

Let me know when you see this and I will respond to you under my name.

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 5:53 pm
amother Outerspace wrote:
@Crimson & Black, do you know which neighborhood your family lived in?

This thread got me so curious, I called my mom and asked her. She said she has a family tree but it's so massive she'll have to see if she can find the right names. She was pretty sure she recognized Bergman, Eisenman, Levi, and Mintzberg. She knew the name Rivlin, said he was the Rav in Yerushalayim, and thought some married into the family but we don't descend from them. Anyway, she was busy pesach cleaning so she said she'll try to take a look at the family tree on Shabbos Smile

Batei machse in the old city

amother
Black

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 6:00 pm
amother Crimson wrote:
Batei machse in the old city

Where is that?

amother
Currant

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 6:08 pm
amother DarkCyan wrote:
I would love to! My grandmother Zul Zain Gezunt would love it if I do!

Let me know when you see this and I will respond to you under my name.

It’s not my family but I think I know where the American ones live

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 6:08 pm
My husband is from the Brach family and I've been told that all Brachs are related.

I didn't check the other thread if Rav Shaul Brach (I think we're 5th or 6th gen) was mentioned or if the majority of the descendants are too chassidish to be on here

chili-n-cholent

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 6:14 pm
amother Hotpink wrote:
My husband is from the Brach family and I've been told that all Brachs are related.

I didn't check the other thread if Rav Shaul Brach (I think we're 5th or 6th gen) was mentioned or if the majority of the descendants are too chassidish to be on here

Was he king of poland for one day? Then we are descended from him and I don't think we are so super chassidish honestly

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 6:25 pm
I find this is a huge topic, and if you want to get into genealogy on here, it should not be 1 thread for every name - needs to be its own section, with a separate thread for each family. Apart from needing to go through 30 pages for variety of names, its impossible to track all those names afterwards. That is apart from fact that most people want to remain anonymous - not great for real research!

amother
Currant

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 6:27 pm
amother Bottlebrush wrote:
I find this is a huge topic, and if you want to get into genealogy on here, it should not be 1 thread for every name - needs to be its own section, with a separate thread for each family. Apart from needing to go through 30 pages for variety of names, it’s impossible to track all those names afterwards. That is apart from fact that most people want to remain anonymous - not great for real research!

It’s for fun not for real research
Most people can’t track it here it’s just fun to have someone say hi cousin lol

amother
Pansy

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 6:39 pm
amother Blue wrote:
I'm also wondering if anyone else has a family name where everyone with that name is related.

Both my father and mother have unique last names. Everyone with my dad's last name is related.
My mother's maiden name has sadly died out. She has a sister. No brothers. And everyone else died in the Holocaust. I've searched and searched and can't find anyone with her name.

emi1812

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 6:58 pm
amother Linen wrote:
Any of my Hoffman cousins here? Some changed their names to Hopkowitz after ww2.

I wonder about mental illness in the family.

My great grandfather was a Hoffman from Sighet (Romania)

amother
Foxglove

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 7:23 pm
amother Navyblue wrote:
Yes, I married a Friedman!

I met one person with my last name who didn't know how we were related but otherwise I'm pretty sure we are related to anyone with that name and my father only has sisters, my grandfather's brother disappeared on business... so while I think we might have had some sort of cousin in Israel in America if someone has my last name it's probably my immediate family or my brother's kids Wink
I married someone with a super generic name, talk about extremes!

amother
IndianRed

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 7:34 pm
amother Lavender wrote:

Schwartz and Friedman here, lol

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 8:13 pm
amother IndianRed wrote:
Schwartz and Friedman here, lol

My mother is Schwartz from both her sides of the family.

As an aside, the old joke about Hungarian last names. When they were giving out last names, everyone gathered together and were divided into 4 categories. Tall, short, pale or dark. Gross, Klein, Weiss and Schwartz.

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 8:15 pm
amother Black wrote:
My grandfather lived in the old city, on rechov hamalach. This would be so amazing, if I found new relatives. (My grandfather is the Eisenman branch, by the way)
Just to add more info, Rabbi Ron Eisenman, from Passaic, is a relative as well. His father and my grandfather were first cousins. I believe it was his grandfather’s brother who changed his name from Eisenman to Eitan.

There is a belief in my family that we are somehow related to the Weinstocks. So far though I haven't been able to figure out how. They were originally from Hungary.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 8:55 pm
amother Banana wrote:
Altman?

Yes my maiden name is Altman.

amother
Milk

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 8:57 pm
Anyone from the Markowitz family here?
Noach Tzvi and Suri
Page 5 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics