Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Need tefillos- Please daven for my family
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 7:34 am
This past year has been a roller coaster for us.

One child has been very ill with a rare complex illness. At this point there is no cure but the doctors (mostly out-of-network of course) are trying to help manage it. Please daven for a complete refuah for her.

I had to stop working last summer because I needed to be with her in the hospital so much. BH she is home for now ba"H and needs a ton of care around the clock. I'm hoping to get some part time freelance work to at least earn something once she stabilizes a bit more iyH.
We've had some crazy medical expenses and no, no organization helps fund any of it.
It's not cancer bH so RCCS doesn't help. We're grateful to Chai Lifeline but they do not help with medical expenses, at least not us. They sent meals for my family, which was really helpful, but only during hospitalizations. Most of their help is earmarked for kids with cancer, but we're grateful that they support us during hospitalizations. I do have teens who help with cooking and caring for their little sister, BH, and I'm so so grateful, but also scared to let them take too much responsibility.
We suddenly have a ton of credit card debt. We've never done that before, but now we have no choice. My husband's single income doesn't begin to cover our basic needs (rent, food, tuition), much less medical and Pesach expenses. Our Rav was really generous and gave us $1000 toward Pesach needs but we need to cover our rent and at least pay the minimum on our ccs.
Preparing for Pesach? When?!! How?? Shopping?! When? How? With what? The $1000 earmarked for this has already been spent many times over just to try to keep us from drowning.
Please daven that we somehow have enough money to cover our needs.

Every one of my kids has been deeply affected by their sibling's illness and all the hospital stays. Please daven that they get through this okay.

Now another child is facing a very serious crisis. Right now it could go either way- the best outcome or cv"s a devastating one. Please daven that it resolve quickly in the best way possible.

Please daven that my husband and I get through all this with our sanity and shalom bayis still intact.

Thank you to everyone who read all this and will daven for us.

Signed,

Just another regular mother who never thought she'd be dealing with all this

ETA: just a year ago I was ‘so overwhelmed’ with Pesach cleaning, work, normal childcare… now I’m envious of how naive I used to be

imasinger

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 7:36 am
Sending tefilos! Can you give us a name to daven for?

And if you like, a location so maybe people can suggest organizations to help?

May your family have refuah shleima, and parnassa.

hello3

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 7:38 am
May hashem send you yeshuos on all ends very soon. It sounds like a lot to handle.

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 7:38 am
Where do you live?
There may be resources we can help connect you to

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 9:55 am
imasinger wrote:
Sending tefilos! Can you give us a name to daven for?

And if you like, a location so maybe people can suggest organizations to help?

May your family have refuah shleima, and parnassa.

Amen! Thank you!
My child’s name is on many tehillim lists. It’s unique enough that I’d be recognized. People are well aware that my child is ill but I’m not comfortable announcing our other challenges.
Hashem knows who you mean;).
We live in Lakewood and aren’t eligible for most programs, or at least we weren’t when I was working.
Bikur Cholim has also been generous in offering meals.
If anyone knows of an organization that helps with bills accrued during a medical crisis, that would be wonderful.
We’re so overwhelmed with just managing at home that we can’t even think about what else we can do.
We were just managing before and the lack of my income plus the extra expenses really threw us for a loop.

amother
Midnight

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 9:58 am
amother OP wrote:
Amen! Thank you!
My child’s name is on many tehillim lists. It’s unique enough that I’d be recognized. People are well aware that my child is ill but I’m not comfortable announcing our other challenges.
Hashem knows who you mean;).
We live in Lakewood and aren’t eligible for most programs, or at least we weren’t when I was working.
Bikur Cholim has also been generous in offering meals.
If anyone knows of an organization that helps with bills accrued during a medical crisis, that would be wonderful.
We’re so overwhelmed with just managing at home that we can’t even think about what else we can do.
We were just managing before and the lack of my income plus the extra expenses really threw us for a loop.

There is a program in NJ that pays for unexpected large medical bills, I don’t recall the name. LRRC once sent out an email about it, can you give them a call to see if there’s any programs that can help now?
Refuah shelaima and besuros tovos!

iluvy

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 9:59 am
Would a loan Gemach help? At least it doesn't accrue interest and be"H you can pay it back in easier times. May Hashem send you yeshuos on all fronts b'karov.

amother
Yarrow

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 10:29 am
hopewell hospice foundation may be able to help and there is another lakewood organization that helps financially for those in a temporary crisis. cant remember the name...I thought also "hope" or similar but couldnt find by googling. anyone know
davening for you too!

amother
Yarrow

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 10:30 am
oh found it hopeorg.org
hope this is helpful. no pun intended

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 10:47 am
Thank you everyone for your tefillos, brochos, and responses. I'm shocked by how much chizzuk they're giving me. I wish I'd done this sooner!

Lots of people know about my ill child and are davening but no one irl knows the extent of our other challenges. It means a lot to me to be able to unburden myself anonymously here and be supported and know that other women are davening for all that we need help with. I really need to be the strong one here and my other child's crisis coupled with all the Pesach pressure, on top of caring for a very sick child and trying unsuccessfully to make ends meet, have really pushed me to the edge.

LRRC and loan gemachs are definitely good ideas.
It seems Hopewell Hospice Foundation is only for terminally ill patients so we do not qualify bH bH bH. Thank you so much for posting though.
Does anyone know the name of the other organization that helps financially in temporary crisis?

Goldengoose

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 10:49 am
I'm praying for you.. I'm sorry you're struggling.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 10:58 am
amother Yarrow wrote:
oh found it hopeorg.org
hope this is helpful. no pun intended

Thanks so much! I just messaged them.

amother
Taupe

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 11:13 am
Doesn’t RCCS help with medical bills? Zichron Shloime should be able to help ask well.

Crookshanks

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 12:01 pm
I don't have any resources, but I davened for you.

anonymrs

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 12:34 pm
New Jersey has something called Catastrophic Illness in Children. Are you familiar with it?

dankbar

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 12:45 pm
What about Bein ish Ubein uchav?

Kapayim? Kochavim?

Chaya lifeline?

Zichron shloime?

Mekimi?

Tantzers?

Hilf?

Friends of Karen non Jewish org

Make a wish, a wish for patient fulfilled

All these org can help with diff things, like entertainment for patients and family, siblings, volunteers taking them out, centers to play, gifts, toys, or volunteers helping in home. Shabbos packages, apt near hospitals, taking shifts in hospital, sending food to hospital as meals or for shabbos Yom tov, people cooking or from takeout.

Some can help maybe financially for bills, babysitters while going to hospitals, meals for home,

Then there are trips, getaways, shabbatons for patient or family to give them a break, so they can have some light.

anonymrs

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 12:54 pm
Op, you can pm me about catastrophic illness in children. I know someone who helps people with it.

chmamma

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 2:03 pm
I don't know too much about this, but mentioning this just in case it does apply.
Shriners Childrens Hospital (there are a few throughout the states, including in Philly if you are in the tri-state area) has a Charity Care program. My friend works there and says they will bill insurance, but if there are charges and the patient can't pay, they should just put it through charity care. Might be something to look into - they have specific specialties at different locations. Pretty sure they do outpatient care as well.

https://www.shrinerschildrens......tance

amother
Jean

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 8:35 am
CHAIM MEDICAL
Phone
718-492-8700

Email
info@cmresource.org

Fax
+ 1 845-363-4394

Brooklyn
3611 14th Avenue, Suite 347 Brooklyn NY 11218

Monroe
68 Seven Springs Mountain Rd. #101 Monroe, New York 10950

Monsey
95 Chestnut Ridge Rd Montvale, NJ 07645

amother
Grape

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 10:19 am
Op
I’m in a similar situation only I don’t live in the US and I literally feel like there aren’t any resources available other than those for cancer ( which BH my child doesn’t have)
It’s so frustrating.
The medical bills keep on piling up. We’re getting into a deeper hole. The other kids are struggling but we don’t have the financial resources to deal them.
My husband feels like he’s drowning.
I can’t work and he’s just taken in a third job.
It’s all too much.
Without having your name or you having ours, I will daven for you.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed