Home
Log in / Sign Up
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Second cut brisket



Post new topic   Reply to topic View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Rubber Duck




 
 
    
 

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 4:44 pm
Any good recipes for 2nd cut brisket using only basic ingredients?
Thanks!
Back to top

amother
Chambray


 

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 4:47 pm
Sprinkle salt n pepper on the brisket. Sear about 5 minutes per side.
Place lot's of sautéed onions on the bottom of a pan. Put meat on onions. Add 1/2 cup chicken soup, 1/2 cup red wine, 1/2 cup white wine, 1/2 cup honey. Bake 350 for 3 hours.
Back to top

Rubber Duck




 
 
    
 

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 7:11 pm
Sounds delicious!
Will it be the same good with sugar instead of honey?
Back to top

amother
Chambray


 

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 7:24 pm
Rubber Duck wrote:
Sounds delicious!
Will it be the same good with sugar instead of honey?


You can use 1/2 cup brown sugar instead.
Back to top

amother
Snowdrop


 

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 7:27 pm
I think I will try this recipe also. How many Ibs do you buy for 6 adults and 4 kids. Also, does it matter the size meat when making the sauce? Maybe it will need to be doubled for a larger piece?
By searing it, do you mean in a frying pan?
Thanks!!
Back to top

amother
Gold


 

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 9:52 pm
Delicious recipe on kosher.com: I made yesterday, and came out heaven!

Sear Brisket on both sides, in frying pan after patting dry and salt n pepper on both sides of brisket.. Remove and fry 2 sliced onions and when browned add wine and 2 cups of chicken broth. cook up and pour over brisket. Bake 320 about 3-4 hours, depending on how large brisket. slice against grain
Back to top

amother
Snowdrop


 

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 10:43 pm
Sounds yum! Do I bake it in a tin? Covered?
Thanks!
Back to top

Rubber Duck




 
 
    
 

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 3:06 pm
amother Chambray wrote:
Sprinkle salt n pepper on the brisket. Sear about 5 minutes per side.
Place lot's of sautéed onions on the bottom of a pan. Put meat on onions. Add 1/2 cup chicken soup, 1/2 cup red wine, 1/2 cup white wine, 1/2 cup honey. Bake 350 for 3 hours.


For what size brisket are these measurements? My brisket is 1.64 lbs
Back to top

amother
Maroon


 

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 3:08 pm
Rubber Duck wrote:
For what size brisket are these measurements? My brisket is 1.64 lbs

That's for sure 3.5/4 lb brisket. Yours should be ready in 2 hrs.
Back to top

Rubber Duck




 
 
    
 

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 3:08 pm
amother Gold wrote:
Delicious recipe on kosher.com: I made yesterday, and came out heaven!

Sear Brisket on both sides, in frying pan after patting dry and salt n pepper on both sides of brisket.. Remove and fry 2 sliced onions and when browned add wine and 2 cups of chicken broth. cook up and pour over brisket. Bake 320 about 3-4 hours, depending on how large brisket. slice against grain


What are the measurements? Or what’s the name of the recipe on kosher.com so I can search for it?
Back to top

Rubber Duck




 
 
    
 

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 3:09 pm
amother Maroon wrote:
That's for sure 4 lb brisket. Yours should be ready in 2 hrs.


What about the wine measurements? Is it still 1/2 cup of red and white wine?
Back to top

amother
Maroon


 

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 3:17 pm
Rubber Duck wrote:
What about the wine measurements? Is it still 1/2 cup of red and white wine?

Half the amounts should be fine.
Back to top

Rubber Duck




 
 
    
 

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 3:47 pm
amother Maroon wrote:
Half the amounts should be fine.


Thanks!
Back to top

amother
Gold


 

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 5:29 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E2N90vw_zQ
Back to top

amother
Gold


 

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 5:31 pm
I didnt use the dates.
Back to top

amother
Maroon


 

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 5:31 pm
https://youtu.be/aasHX8DUY5w?s.....atHhQ
Back to top
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics




Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Did anyone ever get a wig cut by Sarica Tarmechi? 0 Yesterday at 12:33 am View last post
What is this cut/style called
by amother
0 Sun, May 12 2024, 11:54 am View last post
2nd cut Brisket vs square cut roast vs deckel 0 Thu, May 09 2024, 11:07 pm View last post
What did I do wrong with my brisket?
by amother
33 Sun, Apr 28 2024, 10:08 am View last post
When are you cooking fish for Shabbes and second days?
by amother
9 Thu, Apr 25 2024, 8:04 pm View last post