Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
Vince or is there a newer style?

amother
OP  

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 9:46 pm
For those with daughters heading to sem next year - will the go to shoe for walking around town be vince (or similar chunky white soled shoe)? I Have been seeing some of the high schoolers in my oot community wearing a lower black tie sneaker with brown sole. Do you think that is what the girls will get? Or something else all together?
I know they need to last and be very comfortable with all the walking...Please have rachmanus on me and fill me in, DD is overwhelmed by all the shopping that needs to be done and has no idea what to buy

Also, can someone suggest a good sneaker for tiyulim? needs to hold up well, be supportive, "cute" and probably some other words.

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 10:13 am
Please...anyone know. in general DD is not super worried about wearing exactly what everyone else is, but also doesn't want to be the nebby one who doesn't get the memo. Will the girls in BY sems wear vince clunky shoes, or is there something better for next year? thanks so much!

amother
Oleander

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 12:10 pm
amother OP wrote:
For those with daughters heading to sem next year - will the go to shoe for walking around town be vince (or similar chunky white soled shoe)? I Have been seeing some of the high schoolers in my oot community wearing a lower black tie sneaker with brown sole. Do you think that is what the girls will get? Or something else all together?
I know they need to last and be very comfortable with all the walking...Please have rachmanus on me and fill me in, DD is overwhelmed by all the shopping that needs to be done and has no idea what to buy

Also, can someone suggest a good sneaker for tiyulim? needs to hold up well, be supportive, "cute" and probably some other words.

The black tie sneaker is the adidas samba. I think for seminary they will still be wearing Vince. I live in Jerusalem qnd every seminary girl is wearing Vince. On trips they wear lace ups, not sure which though

amother
Lightblue

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 12:13 pm
Any links for Vince style sneakers appreciated

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 12:43 pm
amother Oleander wrote:
The black tie sneaker is the adidas samba. I think for seminary they will still be wearing Vince. I live in Jerusalem qnd every seminary girl is wearing Vince. On trips they wear lace ups, not sure which though

Thank you

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 12:44 pm
amother Lightblue wrote:
Any links for Vince style sneakers appreciated

I think this is the style :
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....psc=1

but still wondering from girls going next year if this is what getting. The sambas look more casual in a way for a seminary girl. Thought?

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 8:24 am
anyone have thoughts? Thank you so much in advance!

amother
Chambray

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 9:46 am
My dd is in sem now. She has the Vince but also the other style you are describing, black lace up or Velcro. Hers are Vega not adidas

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 11:52 am
Thanks! her vegas are white sole? the sambas have a brown sole, what do you ladies think will be worn in sem? ANd for the upcoming year are vince still being bought by you moms?

galpal  

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 2:39 pm
I think her Vejas are all black

galpal

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 2:39 pm
Honestly, she needs more than 1 pair and it must be comfortable for Her! They do tons of walking

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 2:51 pm
2 weekday shoes sounds right, but I was thinking one sneaker for walking around and one loafer for looking a bit nicer...or do you think 2 sneaker types and one loafer? or does she not need a loafer?

amother
Gardenia

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 3:17 pm
My DD is in sem now and I've never heard of Vince. She's the 4th I've sent and I've never heard of this need to buy what everyone is wearing.
Time to do your daughter a favour and encourage her (and you) to shop for what she needs and likes and works for SEM rather than the trend....she's 18 not 8!
My DD went with 2 pairs sketchers for every day and hiking and 2 pair ankle boots for winter every day , aswell as a pair of shabbos .

amother
  OP

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 3:54 pm
amother Gardenia wrote:
My DD is in sem now and I've never heard of Vince. She's the 4th I've sent and I've never heard of this need to buy what everyone is wearing.
Time to do your daughter a favour and encourage her (and you) to shop for what she needs and likes and works for SEM rather than the trend....she's 18 not 8!
My DD went with 2 pairs sketchers for every day and hiking and 2 pair ankle boots for winter every day , aswell as a pair of shabbos .

interestingly, she is usually the type to do her own thing and buy what she likes. When it comes to this, she is getting worked up about having it right - probably because it will be all new people and a whole new experience. No matter what the ladies here answer, I think she will choose what she likes from within the general "normal" and not choose only the trendiest things if she doesn't prefer them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info