Home
Log in / Sign Up
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
Vince or is there a newer style?



Post new topic   Reply to topic View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother
OP


 

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 9:46 pm
For those with daughters heading to sem next year - will the go to shoe for walking around town be vince (or similar chunky white soled shoe)? I Have been seeing some of the high schoolers in my oot community wearing a lower black tie sneaker with brown sole. Do you think that is what the girls will get? Or something else all together?
I know they need to last and be very comfortable with all the walking...Please have rachmanus on me and fill me in, DD is overwhelmed by all the shopping that needs to be done and has no idea what to buy

Also, can someone suggest a good sneaker for tiyulim? needs to hold up well, be supportive, "cute" and probably some other words.
Back to top

amother
OP


 

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 10:13 am
Please...anyone know. in general DD is not super worried about wearing exactly what everyone else is, but also doesn't want to be the nebby one who doesn't get the memo. Will the girls in BY sems wear vince clunky shoes, or is there something better for next year? thanks so much!
Back to top

amother
Oleander


 

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 12:10 pm
amother OP wrote:
For those with daughters heading to sem next year - will the go to shoe for walking around town be vince (or similar chunky white soled shoe)? I Have been seeing some of the high schoolers in my oot community wearing a lower black tie sneaker with brown sole. Do you think that is what the girls will get? Or something else all together?
I know they need to last and be very comfortable with all the walking...Please have rachmanus on me and fill me in, DD is overwhelmed by all the shopping that needs to be done and has no idea what to buy

Also, can someone suggest a good sneaker for tiyulim? needs to hold up well, be supportive, "cute" and probably some other words.


The black tie sneaker is the adidas samba. I think for seminary they will still be wearing Vince. I live in Jerusalem qnd every seminary girl is wearing Vince. On trips they wear lace ups, not sure which though
Back to top

amother
Lightblue


 

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 12:13 pm
Any links for Vince style sneakers appreciated
Back to top

amother
OP


 

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 12:43 pm
amother Oleander wrote:
The black tie sneaker is the adidas samba. I think for seminary they will still be wearing Vince. I live in Jerusalem qnd every seminary girl is wearing Vince. On trips they wear lace ups, not sure which though


Thank you
Back to top

amother
OP


 

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 12:44 pm
amother Lightblue wrote:
Any links for Vince style sneakers appreciated


I think this is the style :
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....psc=1

but still wondering from girls going next year if this is what getting. The sambas look more casual in a way for a seminary girl. Thought?
Back to top

amother
OP


 

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 8:24 am
anyone have thoughts? Thank you so much in advance!
Back to top

amother
Chambray


 

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 9:46 am
My dd is in sem now. She has the Vince but also the other style you are describing, black lace up or Velcro. Hers are Vega not adidas
Back to top

amother
OP


 

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 11:52 am
Thanks! her vegas are white sole? the sambas have a brown sole, what do you ladies think will be worn in sem? ANd for the upcoming year are vince still being bought by you moms?
Back to top

galpal




 
 
    
 

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 2:39 pm
I think her Vejas are all black
Back to top

galpal




 
 
    
 

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 2:39 pm
Honestly, she needs more than 1 pair and it must be comfortable for Her! They do tons of walking
Back to top

amother
OP


 

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 2:51 pm
2 weekday shoes sounds right, but I was thinking one sneaker for walking around and one loafer for looking a bit nicer...or do you think 2 sneaker types and one loafer? or does she not need a loafer?
Back to top

amother
Gardenia


 

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 3:17 pm
My DD is in sem now and I've never heard of Vince. She's the 4th I've sent and I've never heard of this need to buy what everyone is wearing.
Time to do your daughter a favour and encourage her (and you) to shop for what she needs and likes and works for SEM rather than the trend....she's 18 not 8!
My DD went with 2 pairs sketchers for every day and hiking and 2 pair ankle boots for winter every day , aswell as a pair of shabbos .
Back to top

amother
OP


 

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 3:54 pm
amother Gardenia wrote:
My DD is in sem now and I've never heard of Vince. She's the 4th I've sent and I've never heard of this need to buy what everyone is wearing.
Time to do your daughter a favour and encourage her (and you) to shop for what she needs and likes and works for SEM rather than the trend....she's 18 not 8!
My DD went with 2 pairs sketchers for every day and hiking and 2 pair ankle boots for winter every day , aswell as a pair of shabbos .


interestingly, she is usually the type to do her own thing and buy what she likes. When it comes to this, she is getting worked up about having it right - probably because it will be all new people and a whole new experience. No matter what the ladies here answer, I think she will choose what she likes from within the general "normal" and not choose only the trendiest things if she doesn't prefer them.
Back to top
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics




Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info

Related Topics Replies Last Post
What was in style a few years ago that looks outdated today?
by amother
113 Yesterday at 11:55 am View last post
ISO specific style shoe
by amother
3 Thu, May 16 2024, 2:05 pm View last post
Vince shoes for sem?
by amother
5 Wed, May 15 2024, 8:17 pm View last post
In style pocketbook/purse
by amother
3 Tue, May 14 2024, 9:07 pm View last post
What Style Ties are in?
by amother
3 Mon, May 13 2024, 5:14 pm View last post