Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Help making party in Israel
Previous  1  2

amother
Pear

Post Sat, May 18 2024, 11:12 pm
amother OP wrote:
Why not? Please explain… if I’m just ordering the food, is there a gemach for tables chairs and table clothes? That’s all I need
And a restaurant I’d need to rent out the space too

It’s usually a price pp that includes the room.

I ageee that it comes out cheaper. There aren’t well priced rentals for furniture and transporting them is a much bigger deal than it is in the states (smaller cars etc) . I would not bother.

amother
  Offwhite

Post Sat, May 18 2024, 11:21 pm
amother OP wrote:
Why not? Please explain… if I’m just ordering the food, is there a gemach for tables chairs and table clothes? That’s all I need
And a restaurant I’d need to rent out the space too

You dont need to rent out the space in the restaurant, just tell them you are coming with 30 pple and they will put you in their party room.
If you want to go around town shlepping tables and chairs, centerpieces whatever from gemachim, buy the paper goods, drinks, deserts, etc - go knock yourself out, you wont save money. A party planner will cost you too.
I did a Sheva Brachos like that for a sibling who lives in Israel, it was a lot of work.
The following year, when they married off another child, I called a simple fleishig restaurant with a good hechsher and it came out the same - without the running around etc. Just showed up and paid.
If you really want to do it on the cheap, buy prepared foods at a local supermarket/bakery or just a Pizzeria and do a meet and greet in your apartment - then, yes you can save money.

ray family

Post Sat, May 18 2024, 11:45 pm
Just book in one of the restaurants. Who wants to be busy shlepping tables and chairs plus table clothes and who knows what else.
The price will end up being the same.
And gemachs here aren’t necessarily free.

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, May 19 2024, 12:42 pm
ray family wrote:
Just book in one of the restaurants. Who wants to be busy shlepping tables and chairs plus table clothes and who knows what else.
The price will end up being the same.
And gemachs here aren’t necessarily free.

We want to be able to host people for a long time. Possibly dancing a little. Maybe show a slideshow for my son… I dunno feels for comfortable and relaxed at home and not at a restaurant. Trying to figure out how to make it work. Maybe just buffet and just have to shlep chairs?

What is ice story?!

Success10  

Post Sun, May 19 2024, 12:53 pm
It could be chair rentals deliver. I'll look into it for you. Ice Story is a popular dairy cafe type place in Romema neighborhood.

anothermother6

Post Sun, May 19 2024, 2:31 pm
Ricotta has a nice, private party room where you can do your dancing, slide show etc. I would not recommend trying to pull the event together yourself; it's not worth the headache.

amother
Springgreen

Post Sun, May 19 2024, 2:37 pm
Ice story is a casual restaurant on shamgar..
Make Delicious food there pizza is sooo good.

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, May 19 2024, 2:46 pm
Success10 wrote:
It could be chair rentals deliver. I'll look into it for you. Ice Story is a popular dairy cafe type place in Romema neighborhood.

Thanks!!!

What did someone say about their catering per head?

Success10

Post Sun, May 19 2024, 2:56 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks!!!

What did someone say about their catering per head?

Someone said they're 100 NIS a person for a party, I looked it up online and it's true. They have a party menu online. https://www.1cestory.com/%D7%A.....D7%9D Click on the second image of a pdf file on the page, the bottom one. It's in Hebrew.

amother
  OP

Post Sun, May 19 2024, 4:02 pm
Success10 wrote:
Someone said they're 100 NIS a person for a party, I looked it up online and it's true. They have a party menu online. https://www.1cestory.com/%D7%A.....D7%9D Click on the second image of a pdf file on the page, the bottom one. It's in Hebrew.

Thank you again! Can I be annoying and ask for a brief translation? My Hebrew isn’t that great and my phone isn’t offering translation.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics